IGNORED

Arsenal

cubeadvance

but that is your myopic fan blind view of ruining, not taking into account all the opposition fans who have had ruined games when we got a decision they didn't like

there is no real point debating it with somebody like you so I'm done on the subject - we disagree.

head off back to the AFTV comments sections, suspect the audience is more appreciative there.

No point in debating with somebody like me? you never tried just shot it down and ignored. Never watched AFTV in my life and here you are with pre conceived judgements. It is fine just live in your echo chamber but don't try to act balanced when you have none. 

As a neutral it definitely looked like six of one and half a dozen of the other.  Both sides were harassing the ref, exaggerating contact and leaving in a little bit extra. Antony Taylor was in a complete no win situation, because if he had called the game to the letter of the law both sides would have been down to 9, Arteta would have had a yellow at the very least and everyone would be moaning about how the officials ruined the match.  (cf the Superb Owl, where what was technically the right call determined the result and is being criticised.)

It's not the refs fault Nketiah (?) missed two clear headers or Tomiyasu had a brain fart.

1 minute ago, Plissken said:

As a neutral it definitely looked like six of one and half a dozen of the other.  Both sides were harassing the ref, exaggerating contact and leaving in a little bit extra. Antony Taylor was in a complete no win situation, because if he had called the game to the letter of the law both sides would have been down to 9, Arteta would have had a yellow at the very least and everyone would be moaning about how the officials ruined the match.  (cf the Superb Owl, where what was technically the right call determined the result and is being criticised.)

It's not the refs fault Nketiah (?) missed two clear headers or Tomiyasu had a brain fart.

Never said it was the refs fault we missed chances, I've quite clearly said we can control what we've done wrong but can't account for refs. If Silva is booked for that first challenge on Saka that even Ally McCoist in commentary said was very fortunate not to be booked, it is a very different game. That one decision sets the tone of the game. 

I think the only area where the ref was poor was not booking Silva earlier, but this happens every week with Saka. I didn't think anyone from City took that leniency as the go ahead to start fouling either, so really it was just a bit annoying it didn't give us an advantage in that area of the pitch, but that's not a reason we lost. As I said last night, he was reffing the occasion which sometimes is absolutely fine to do. 

Again, City are very good at suffocating you through niggly fouls and squashing you down, doing what they can to change the rhythm of the game to suit them. All teams do it but they really are great at it. A ref can't start dishing out cards because they're not letting us play our game. Pep made some tweaks and we missed some howlers, that's just the lumps you have to take.

Lol this @hercules has barely posted on this forum for 2 years, Arsenal had a huge game and he’s on here to throw his toys out the pram. Yeah it’s a conspiracy mate. They gave Arsenal a penalty to throw us sheep off the scent of course. Very clever. But you saw right through that, you brilliant man. 

3 minutes ago, dizogg said:

Lol this @hercules has barely posted on this forum for 2 years, Arsenal had a huge game and he’s on here to throw his toys out the pram. Yeah it’s a conspiracy mate. They gave Arsenal a penalty to throw us sheep off the scent of course. Very clever. But you saw right through that, you brilliant man. 

Usually sticks to aftertiming his bets iirc

Still re the ref, as I said in the Football Thread, I'm not singling out any incident or calling favouritism/conspiracy or any of that bullshit, shit decisions get made all the time. What gets me is the belief that if a ref makes a decision he's "ruined the game" like the quality of the match should be his priority. Like has been said, the player and manager conduct is what dictates the tone of the game, the refs job should be to maintain the laws of the game and manage that tone, not have to worry that every decision he makes somehow impacts the overall quality of the match.

Not suggesting, either, that theyre not culpable, players and managers should absolutely be able to question a referees performance and behaviour, but it goes both ways.

Are clubs able to review a referees performance via official channels? By that I don't mean a heated press interview immediately after a match

see, it's the inconsistency that is just so annoying.

Multiple fouls by Bernardo on Saka last night & time wasting by Ederson with no red and you call a few people 'cucks' for disagreeing with you and you get banned for 24h.

bloody refs, all on the take.

Yeah there was an article in the Athletic (I think) this week talking about the low numbers of refs joining the game now because of the level of abuse received and how its been a problem at the lower level for years but is actually starting to creep up into the professional game.

If supporters are using last night, which imo is about as benign a refereeing performance as you can get (pen you don't see always given, marginal offside goal correctly ruled out) as an example of a conspiracy or dictating the game. Then referees are completely fucked. They haven't a chance. 

The PGMOL is a stuffy old boy's club like the FA and are completely resistant to change, so I can't see a scenario where the whole picture gets better whilst they exist. They really don't help themselves either by hiding the VAR process, not being mic'd up, fining anyone who questions a decision, changing rules and thresholds during the season etc. The big problem is as an organisation they're utterly opaque, and when they close ranks after every bad decision or get Peter Walton to say everything the official did was correct they create a space where conspiratorial whack jobs can fill the void with nonsense. There's a big problem of trust and that filters all the way down, so unless they find some refs who aren't fat, bald blokes from Lancashire that are representative of the wider game and become more transparent it's not getting any better.

This is nothing to do with last night though, just inane thoughts. 

The problem isn't necessarily the refs, or the standard of refs, although I agree with the stuff you've listed.

The problem is that the people paid to talk about the game, on radio, TV and in print don't actually know the damn rules.  And it's not that they don't know the rules, it's that they don't care.

There was a game in the World Cup where there was a contentious decision.  The pundits were all slating the officials and they went over to Peter Walton.  He showed the replay and said something along the lines of "you can see this and this happening and according to this rule, the decision should be this and that is what the referee did".

And they ignored every single word he said and carried on arguing that it shouldn't have been given.

4 hours ago, hercules said:

Easier to ignore than confront. Enjoy your echo chamber you little cuck. 

Arseblog has been bandying about the conspiracy 'us v everyone' narrative  and it makes me so fucking embarrassed. 

11 minutes ago, Plissken said:

The problem isn't necessarily the refs, or the standard of refs, although I agree with the stuff you've listed.

The problem is that the people paid to talk about the game, on radio, TV and in print don't actually know the damn rules.  And it's not that they don't know the rules, it's that they don't care.

There was a game in the World Cup where there was a contentious decision.  The pundits were all slating the officials and they went over to Peter Walton.  He showed the replay and said something along the lines of "you can see this and this happening and according to this rule, the decision should be this and that is what the referee did".

And they ignored every single word he said and carried on arguing that it shouldn't have been given.

Absolutely!  It's especially annoying when they bring up the actual law in a graphic on Match of the Day and then completely ignore it.

12 hours ago, hercules said:

Easier to ignore than confront. Enjoy your echo chamber you little cuck. 

this post needs that

user was banned for this post - moderator

text at the bottom... otherwise it'll get reported again, like I nearly did.

I've chosen to enter the weekend in a "we're level on points with a game on hand" kind of mood. We've played 9 games since the World Cup and won 6 without our main striker. Our next 7 games include 6 teams in the bottom half of the table.

Not saying we'll win the league and I know the sense of loss feels greater when you're trying to reach the summit but we've been in significantly worse places than this. Two years ago, we were 8th. Last season we were 5th and felt like we'd bottled the Champions League. This season we feel like we're bottling the title. That's an upwards trajectory.

But if we drop points against that bum Emery tomorrow, I'll be in the echo chamber with the rest of you cucks.

Not had a good performance since signing Jorghino, he's not to blame though, he's not really done anything wrong and has picked out some nice passes

4 minutes ago, The Fox said:

Think Zinchenko might be a Man City mole. Has to be the only explanation for playing like peak Beckenbauer against Man Utd, and peak Ali Dia every game since.

He seems to overcomplicate things - trying to beat his man two or three times instead of hitting a simple pass. Nketiah absolute poison again so far.