Arsenal

cubeadvance

On 11/11/2022 at 09:32, Art Vandelay said:

He's clearly got the talent but I think he's suffered from a lack of confidence and application. It does sound like the penny had dropped though and he's supposed to be showing in training he's determined to make a go of it. I do wonder if he's a bit like Eddie in that he's seen the options available should he leave this summer and thought that maybe being at Arsenal might actually be quite good after all. He's pretty much exactly what we're trying to shop for too. 

Think sub appearance tonight is a good sign for him sticking around.

14 hours ago, Silent Runner said:

He's looked a bit suspect these last few games and it feels like he has a mistake in him, Gabriel is always there to cover him though. 

Funnily enough, this for me is the exact opposite of earlier on in the season, where Gabriel was largely playing well,  but would occasionally look a little suspect, or drop the odd clanger. (In fairness to him, I think that might be partially because of the way the left side works defensively in our system.) With a bit of luck they either keep alternating form/picking up the other’s slack, or just both go on a run where they eliminate the mistakes at the same time (rather than the alternative…).

On a related note, increasingly it feels like there’s a case for our most expensive defender also actually being our best, or at least most consistent; Ben White has been quietly brilliant all season, I think, in a position none of us probably really expected him to play, much less excel in. In a squad of players who’ve largely exceeded expectations this season, he’s been a standout for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Off to the Emirates on Boxing day for my first visit, really looking forward to it.

The only real option for me given the train strikes and coach times is to drive. Anyone know what the most convenient car park would be? As long as it's reasonably secure, perfectly happy to pay to park somewhere.

7 hours ago, humdrum said:

I would maybe suggest Cockfosters then it’s just a trip on the underground to either Finsbury Park or the arsenal underground stations. I’m presuming the underground is running…

I don’t think it is, otherwise I would have gone…

Thanks for the info, and the offer for help! Incredibly kind. Trying to work out the best option. I had a look at JustPark, and, er, clearly everyone else did too for that evening. It's like a nuclear fallout zone or something - well, apart from the £10k parking spot. :unsure:

justpark.jpg.9b818b29e3b953ae159a466f7a8b56b9.jpg

Anyway, Cockfosters as in next to Barnet? Anywhere in particular to park there then? At the station itself?

*edit* yeah looks like a good spot, thanks.

Everyone is the ground could see that was never a penalty apart from Oliver. Just wasting everyone’s time as usual. Should have had the bottle to get his red out though as that Coufal challenge was appalling. I loathe games where he’s the ref as he’s just a low key attention seeker with a shit haircut.