IGNORED

Arsenal

cubeadvance

21 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

The good news is Pep usually takes pity on his mate and keeps things dignified. 

the bad news is Pep isn't familiar with the caretaker manager in charge of arsenal for the next game...

I honestly can’t believe how undercooked this lot are, just slow and off the pace and not switched on at all. My biggest worry is that we’re trying to play Pep football – which I have never been sure is the most effective style anyway – without the players. City can just call on the worlds best personnel to brute force home whatever indulgent tactics have been dreamt up this week, and we have a load of tosh who can make taking a throw look difficult. We’re not going to suddenly look better with a few players back as their instruction is just completely wrong. There’s not a manager in the league with less experience, so why do we think we’ve got a right to beat anyone? I wouldn’t fancy us to beat Norwich in the game after the City demolition, so then when are we picking up points? Rock bottom having only created one chance from open play, it’s atrocious.

I don’t understand why we switched from 3 at the back, it worked with the players we had then and let’s be honest we haven’t improved on any of those players since. This formation and style of play is just not working. 

We’re going to be bottom of the league at the break and I can’t even see us scoring before then either. 

Even if we change manager, who would a) want to come in and b) who is there that could get something out of this poor squad? 

It's obviously early doors still, but it's pretty grim reading. I had us down for 1 point max from these first 3 games, but it's likely it'll be zero, and quite possibly zero goals scored.

To go in to the international break potentially in the relegation zone, with no points or goals, would really increase the pressure/negativity around Arteta. I don't think he's helped himself at all, but to have the injuries/covid outbreak to start this season, with a tricky early run, is brutal.

11 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

I thought Chelsea’s tactic of passing the ball to their striker was interesting, I wonder if maybe we should try something like that.

Our stats yesterday and against Brentford show even that is a bad idea as we destroy value in chances.

Against Chelsea our xG was a dismal 0.34, even more damning is we took those chances which an average player over measured history would turn into a third of a goal and took actual shots that were only worthy of 0.19 (xGOT).

So our creation is dire and then on top of that the shooting is even worse. 

Losing 2-0 to this Chelsea team, even at home, in itself is not too terrible. it's just we looked so toothless in attack though, it can't be long before the dreaded voice of confidence if we carry on like this. Honestly we have a great squad, it's all on Arteta now.

It’s difficult to find a way forward at the moment, Arteta has just totally lost the plot. If he’s trying to send messages with his team selections then that is just hanging the younger members of the squad out to dry and a really betrays how ridiculously comfortable he feels in his job. That selection and system is just asking for a pasting and it speaks volumes that he’s tried to set us up in a way so we can just keep it respectable, but he’s so poor that he can’t coach his players to even do that. To have the temerity to talk about having a positive start having conceded two in the first ten minutes is beyond parody.

Quick prediction: we’ll get a point from the next three games and Xhaka will be straight back into the team. Arteta will still be here in November.

Tearing up the last 2y of his ludicrous £200k a week contract to bugger off and sign for a massive pay cut elsewhere is surely worthy of a statue outside the stadium isn't it, we should model it on that pic of him in pre-season carrying his summer belly, he should have a pie in one hand and holding a wodge of £20 notes in the other.

2 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

I have just proven myself a masochist and got a season ticket.

you sort of feel compelled to when it's offered if you've been on the list for 10y or so

you'll get to see our new even tougher backline with some random Japanese defender we're paying £20m for - he's sure to be brilliant. 

Sounds like AMN has been told not to train because he had the audacity to want to go out on loan after its been made very clear hes not part of Artetas plans.

How many players does the manager get to fall out with before questions are asked?

I think it's a shame it's come to this as a good manager would have sold a vision to him a bit better than he has, but there's no way Arsenal are accepting a two year loan to a rival with an option to buy at the end of it. The player might want to leave, but his representatives have an obligation to sort him out a realistic move too. Why we're alienating so many players is a concern though and Arteta does seem to have a knack for giving people the hump.