26 minutes ago, Silent Runner said:

We just signed Brightons 2nd choice keeper Maty Ryan for the rest of the season. He has some experience so will be an upgrade on Rúnarsson I suppose. 

Brighton fan here. I assume you've signed him with a view to having a serviceable backup for Leno. He is still Australia's number 1 and has been good for us in the past but has really suffered a crisis of confidence leading to his replacement. I hope he gets his confidence back under Arteta and your goalkeeping coaches even if he doesn't get the opportunity to play.

Looks like we’ll have to do it against 12 today. This ref is a proper home blower. Makes it more difficult as we’ve started with 9 as Pepe and Willian are dog shit, constantly hiding in plain sight. I’d rather we just ran our best players into the ground than hope some of these fringe players suddenly become good.

I don’t think anyone was saying that as we kept winning it. We’re not qualifying via the league or winning the Europa so may as well give it a decent crack. The problems with maintaining form are apparent with the team today, there’s some really rubbish options that play too often.

Not a bad move on paper. We need another attacking midfielder, and this is a good temporary option until the Summer, when we can focus on our main targets.

What worries me slightly is how little game-time he's played this season. We can't really afford to waste minutes bedding him in while he gets up to match-fitness, let alone whilst he's acclimatising to the league.

overall a surprisingly enjoyable game - Saka is just great to watch, it's so impressive how is influencing games in the league at such a young age in a variety of positions. Often  players who move about the pitch are 5-6/10 'won't let you down that often' types. He's great in all of them.

I really want to see Pepe do well, ignoring the size of the fee he's obviously got something about him, he'll always be a high risk player who gives it away but can make things happen too, and last night he showed an energy and willingness to press that hasn't always been present.

That was a great result as Southampton are no mugs and have done us so many times at home. Massive credit to Arteta as we were down and out a few weeks ago and had looked awful all season, but to turn it around is top work. We're no world beaters, but do actually look like a functional team that are good to watch. Some great performances, but Luiz looks like he's on another planet most of the time. Seems completely unwilling to match the team's tempo and just does what he wants.

I thought Arteta was done too - and still believe he stumbled across being forced to play Smith-Rowe when Willian had to isolate with Covids.

Still those the breaks in football and things look a bit brighter now, Utd will be a test on Sat as they will be smarting from our smash and grab against them earlier in the season.

On 19/01/2021 at 12:00, Loik V credern said:

I know Chelsea have a game in hand and the table is compact but for Arsenal to be just 2 points behind despite losing what seemed like every game for months is :huh:.

I know Liverpool have a game in hand and the table is compact but for Arsenal to be just 4 points behind despite losing what seemed like every game for months is :blink:

nah it makes sense because liverpool are also losing nearly every game now

Ødegaard is in and will wear the number 11 top, explaining it was an honour to follow in the footsteps of childhood heroes Eddie McGoldrick, Glenn Helder and doddery lard arse Andre Santos. Some big shoes to fill but good that he backs himself. 

Poor enough first half, probably lucky not to be behind. We're really missing Saka out there and Cederic and Partay aren't having a great game. Martenilli looks good though.

Agree about Fernander not getting booked, that rake down the back of Xhaka(?) could have been red. 

12 minutes ago, Silent Runner said:

Poor enough first half, probably lucky not to be behind. We're really missing Saka out there and Cederic and Partay aren't having a great game. Martenilli looks good though.

Agree about Fernander not getting booked, that rake down the back of Xhaka(?) could have been red. 

this half though...

Using fan logic about new signings and ‘decent touches’ I fully expect odegaard to get voted player of the month for jan.

I thought Neville got it right, neither deserved to win or lose. It’s just a shame not to beat them as they look so beatable

It doesn't help when people paid to comment on these things just parrot back that last man bollocks. He doesn't even foul him, it's a coming together at worst. Completely appreciate I'm a biased idiot, but we haven't had a decision for weeks.