We'll never know and I said it upthread I think but I suspect Arteta has fluked on this winning formula (at least in the short term) with the enforced dropping thru Covid isolation of Willian and Luis - I don't think Smith-Rowe was anywhere near starting in Arteta's mind and he seems to be making things at least move up front, finding nice passes and space and playing people in.

There is a smart move in having Saka on the opposite side to Tierney giving us real threat on both flanks - Tierney looks really good going forward, not so sure defensively and also suspect his tank isn't that good, after 35m last night he looked fucked and didn't push on against once in the first half.

Lacazette has found his customary short term burst of playing angry, where he looks great for a few games before disappearing back into looking miserable and depressed with life.

Aubamyang looks like a man frustrated with himself (at least thats my hope) - you can see he's trying but the thinks that have come effortlessly to him over his career stopped happening for the time being.

Still nice to win 3 in a row and actually enjoy watching 2 of them.

£120m sounds a lot until you think we've spunked a million plus a week in wages up the wall for months on players Arteta has had a hissy fit at, spunked £30m up the wall on a defender that Arteta thinks is crap so have loaned them out for free so he doesn't have to look at him and have still got loads of instalments to pay off on Don Raul's friends and family retirement fund transfer of Pepe where we conservatively paid twice to three times market value on our current third choice right winger.

That's before you think about the fact we have the highest proportion of revenue in the league from match day income and are now approaching a year with no paying crowds (they always paid even if didn't bother to attend).

Just now, Gotters said:

Willian and Pepe guranteeing themselves a spot in the Fa cup and thursday pot teams with these performances

Shouldn't even be starting in those on this

Pepe has got a touch like a trampoline but at least he vaguely tries. Willian’s performance level and attitude is an insult the game of association football. I wish a benevolent billionaire would pay to buy this prick’s contract out and we can cast him off to the Chinese leagues or something. 

Xhaka was great when he came on. He’s the most frustrating player and an absolute prannock, but he’s had more comebacks than Sinatra. Just when you think he’s finished he finds a way back. Fair fucks to him. 

Very generous of Ozil, he's offered to let us pay his remaining contract off over 3y so he can go and sign a new one in January to go play in Turkey,

I'd make the shit sit on the sidelines til summer out of spite at this point - only way he leaves is for mutually ripping up his contract with no bonus payments. 

I know the club offered him the contract and not been perfect but frankly his attitude and effort have been appalling. He's been a divisive weasly little shit sowing discontent and factions in the team and the sooner he's out the club for good the better. 

On 21/09/2020 at 18:07, Gotters said:

So our new £1.5m back up goalie is a 25y old who lost his place in the Dijon team last year and last played for Iceland in 2018.

None of these words fill me with confidence, better hope Leno is feeling robust.

Ornstein this morning claiming we're looking to move him on already on loan, which is no surprise to anybody who watched him play in the Carabao cup.

Who'd have thought this move was doomed to failure.

2 minutes ago, wev said:

But with Macey now at Hibs and Martinez sold, that would mean they'd have to bring in another keeper

apparently we have a highly rated young Estonian keeper they're thinking of promoting and are pursuing other options like the Brentford bloke we tried to get in the summer.

we've mismanaged several positions at the club in recent years, but keepers are a particular bone of contention in that we've moved on the Juve number 1 Szczesny, establish premier league solid keep Fabianski and now Martinez too. 

letting those 3 slip thru your hands is mismanagement on a major scale, though not as bad as forking out a world record fee for Kepa.

The fans all turned on two of those keepers, I particularly remember the term Flappy-Handski going around (may have even said it myself). Though the problem was we were shit defensively too as Cech didn't improve much either