IGNORED

Arsenal

cubeadvance

I think Vinai backed him before the last game. Probably as close as you'll get to the old fashioned vote of confidence these days. He seems a decent bloke, but he's essentially a commercial director so it's mad he has anything to do with the football side of things. Edu gets an easy ride by virtue of his stock as a player, but it's clear he hasn't got the first clue at this level. We had the right idea with Emery and then trying to get Monchi – a tried a tested partnership who will handle the coaching and recruitment as a team. It's a massive job sorting this shit show out, but an off the shelf solution like that is bound to exist.

Arseblog made a good point today that when Ljungberg took charge of that last game and dropped pretty much everyone, the message to Arteta was pretty clear. I work with these cunts every day and this is what I think of them. Arteta giving everyone a clean slate was his biggest mistake.

Something tells me I'm probably in the minority but I still think Arteta should be given time.

OK, we shouldn't be this shit, losing to anyone and everyone and unable to even score a goal or create any chances, home or away, against anyone, the top teams or the so called bottom teams.

Arteta has stuck by and put his trust and faith in players that are repeatedly letting him down. If he continues to do this then yeah, maybe he's not the right man for the job and it's too big for him.

I saw somewhere the other day that something he learnt from Pep was that you've got to be ruthless. While he's shown a bit of that with Ozil, Guendouzi, Sokratis, Saliba & Kolasinac he's now got to be ruthless with Xhaka, Bellerin, Willian & Laca.

Laca again didn't put a great chance away when it came his way, Willian again did nothing. The less said about Bellerin and Xhaka the better.

He needs to be brave now and drop these lot, throw in a few youngsters and as we bothered to give crazy 4 year deals to Cedric and Mari then let them play.

There's nothing to lose really with going out with this 11 in the next few games.

Leno, Cedric, Mari/Luiz, Gabriel, Tierney, AMN, Willock, Smith-Rowe, Saka, Nelson/Pepe, Auba

Get Balogun on the bench and involved. Give him some minutes.

Our starting 11 is currently full of shit players and/or squad players.

Sad to read about a lot of the senior players getting their agents to brief against Arteta and stir the pot. Players that have let the club down so many times and have literally zero stock with fans or credibility from their performances. It's little wonder Chelsea put a size 9 up between Luiz's back pockets on two occasions, from everything you read once he turns on you then that is it. You can't help feel that parasite Kia Joorabchian has his fingerprints all over this mess.

My biggest gripe with Arteta is his reluctance to drop some of these experienced players who are having stinkers game after game. The burnley game was the perfect opportunity to put some in, but he refused to put any in. He could've started the whole team that played against Dundalk and even if we lost not many would moan. Xhaka's red is the worst one under Arteta and that guy should never play for the club again, can't excuse his constant fuck ups and he has been woeful all season. The only way i see him turning it around is if he actually drops Laca, Xhaka, Willian permanently. Starting a front three of laca, willian and this auba and you are effectively playing with 8 men and spare me the laca as a 10 when Ozil is sitting at home. Willian has played 13 odd games and hasn't actually dribbled past a man yet, just a quick shift to the right and cross. 

Arteta's got many problems of course, but I think he took the Jose 'first day in prison' approach and picked his fight with Ozil, expecting the rest to fall into line, they did for a short while but then the holiday camp mentality of the club took over again and they all got annoyed at being expecting to do things like tackle, follow tactics, take throw ins properly and all reverted to type.

This then means he's left with falling out with most/all his top earners, which makes him look like a twat, and he can't play all the kids for fear of ruining the best crop of youngsters and supposed future of the club in these dire times.

It's quite a predicament and rightly or wrongly he'll carry the can for it. I don't see how he can fix it.

The club let him down really badly in moving players on. He obviously doesn't want a lot of them, but they're still knocking about the training ground every day. There's just so many of them that have come to the end of their time maybe it just wasn't possible in one summer, but we could have paid a few deals off and worked a bit harder for a clean slate. The one consistent throughout three manager's demise has been the same core of players who've all downed tools when they want a new coach. Some of them just aren't interested, but we'll get a new manager soon and they'll press and run about and look good for a month and then revert to type again. Arteta will pay the price, but there's some feckless pricks who'll still be here for yet another fresh start. 

I presume from their odd starting positions we're looking at a weird perpetually swirling vortex formation again, with everyone rotating counter clockwise in and out of possession. Definitely not a case of back to basics, but there's no Willian so my enthusiasm for this game has already increased significantly.

Arteta is done - the squad is not his fault but when has a club ever said to a manager ‘we know the players are mostly crap, you trade then all at huge losses whilst signing better replacements without even having CL money or gate receipts’ 

They’re showing nothing under him now so he’s gone I’m afraid, which is a crying shame as I think he has great promise as a manager, but this bunch of lazy twats came too soon for him in his career.

You feel for Pepe. He’s shite but at least he tries a bit. Imagine watching Willian finish another 90 minutes trotting about and occasionally spraying a long ball into the top tier whilst you’re sat on your arse on the bench again. I don’t think I have ever actively disliked one of our players before.

I’m now in Oz again so hard to really know what’s what beyond a few news headlines and Arseblog etc.

So, honest question... how fucked actually are we? Depending what I read it could be that squad really is weaker than almost every other team, or that the tactics are way off, or that we transitioning to a new coach and style or we just aren’t getting enough out of the players? I’m assuming it’s a bit of everything :(

Arsenal didn’t learn anything from Man Utd post Fergie. Poor recruitment, giving big names contracts when it’s best to replace them. 

Get rid of Arteta and replace him with a manager. You tried to experiment and it’s failed. No point waiting till Ozil comes back and that’s if Arteta wants him back. That’s going to make Arteta look weaker in the dressing room.

Real Madrid and Barca can take gambles on ex players as manager because their squads are usually filled with world class players and worst can happen is they will finish 4th. Arsenal can’t do that and Arteta is taking you downhill fast. Southampton have a way better manager than you. Arsenal need a manager who is going to get the maximum from their squad as your owners won’t be spending big. Leicester, Everton, Southampton and Wolves don’t have better teams than you. But they do have better managers. 

Arteta was always a strange appointment. He was putting out cones for Pep and suddenly he’s good enough for Arsenal with no other background in management.