I think its still Wenger’s core legacy of his complete rule over everything and playing and coaching staff recruited who wouldn’t generate conflict or challenge him.

Rotten and weak to the core of the club.

Then add in those parasite on the cheap American owners and the results are clear to see

I think there's going to need to be some very, very bad teams in the league next year to stop us getting dragged into a proper basement battle. That back line, realistically having let our only two decent outfield players go, not having a midfield for nearly three years and a squad supplemented with whatever tosh the board's mates want rid of is surely an insurmountable challenge for a manager with two dozens games under his belt. 

I'd completely forgotten about Kia Joorabchian at QPR and the state he left them in. He'll hang around until we're bone dry and move onto the next chumps. What a state.

Me and the boy used to love games against the lower half of the table cos it increased the chances of getting tickets, as lowly red members, at reasonable prices, and seeing some goals. 

now we have to consider that we’re the lower-half-of-the-table team, and the goals we see will be scored against us. 

hyperbole? Maybe.

We went from Wenger's total control to being Super Agent playthings in the blink of an eye. I guess this is what happens when the Owner gives zero fucks about the club.

I really hope that Arteta can work miracles over the summer but we do not have a functioning midfield and Ceballos is not the answer. If we lose Aubameyang this summer we might be looking at a relegation battle next year...

Maybe as a response to how he behaved at the end of the Brighton match? I know Twitter loved it, as did Ian Wright, but I read Arteta was less than pleased.

No wonder poor Tierney is fucked, first of all he comes down and has to get used to all those new fangled fruits and vegetables we make him eat, and now he’s playing in a temperature he’d never have experienced before.

30 minutes ago, Gotters said:

No wonder poor Tierney is fucked, first of all he comes down and has to get used to all those new fangled fruits and vegetables we make him eat, and now he’s playing in a temperature he’d never have experienced before.

Give the boy a battered Mars bar and some Irn Bru and he'd be right as rain

another ork from a team of cloggers trying to take out Willock - leave a bit on them, they don't like it. 

the stats are quite obvious about how few fouls we need to commit to get a yellow as opposed to teams against us.

I’ve just read about Kia Joorabchian’s relationship with Arsenal this week. After what his close relationship with QPR brought shouldn’t this be ringing alarm bells? He basically saddled them with past the peak, under performing and grossly overpaid players which financially wrecked them for no return. Looking at Luiz’s fat new contract it’s pretty worrying that he’s up to his same tricks. 

Where is the benefit for anyone being so close to super agents? Does someone at the club make some money out of this because I see no benefit otherwise. All Joorabchian cares about is making his clients, and more importantly himself, fuck loads of money no matter what it does to the health of the club he’s attached himself to.  I know Wolves have done well so far from their close relationship to a super agent but it’s no stable long term transfer policy even when it goes well. 

It's a tactic that works a treat to get some short term success if you have lots of money and an experienced coach who can knit together a squad of super-egos on big wages. What's odd is that we almost have two parallel philosophies running in tandem – hire a young manager to nurture a group of talented academy players whilst supplementing that with a few unearthed gems whilst keeping an eye on the budget; and spanking money on a super agent's rolodex of washed-up duffers to try and get back into the big leagues. 

Raul Sanllehi won the power struggle at the club, but everything you read suggests there's a lot of people at the club who don't agree with his direction. If he manages to get us back into the Champions League by leaning on his contacts to make us competitive again then he's played a blinder. Everything I've seen would suggest he won't do it though.

I’m not advocating re-signing Luiz but apparently he took a chunky pay cut - or that is what Arsenal are spinning to mouthpieces like Ornstein.

The success for a club of cosying up to agents really depends on who they represent - we didnt pay them for years under Wenger and in the latter days the approach started the decline

I think the trade off is if you pay over the top on a deal that's been greased by a super agent, you expect a player that goes off like a chip pan fire. You need their expertise to prize the shell open so we can marvel at the pearl contained inside. A negotiation so delicate you need Henry Kissinger to go over as an envoy to smooth it over four years in advance. Why we needed anyone to sign an injured auxiliary right back from Southampton who was out of contract is anyone's guess.

I didn't realise Matt Macey was on the bench for you the other day. We had him on loan two seasons ago. He helped us get relegated from League 1. He was dire. He's one of the worst keepers we've ever had play for us.

9 hours ago, neoELITE said:

I didn't realise Matt Macey was on the bench for you the other day. We had him on loan two seasons ago. He helped us get relegated from League 1. He was dire. He's one of the worst keepers we've ever had play for us.

post crazy Jens we haven't exactly been famed for our goalkeeping coaching and choices have we - I believe the coach was sacked a while back as everybody could see the problem with our flappy unreliable poles going on to replace Buffon at Juve and look totally different at Swansea/West Ham

Then don't get me started on penalties - Petr Cech did the statistically improbable in diving the wrong way for something like 30 penalties in a row (having been poor at them but not that bad at Chelsea).

Not trying to find something bad in something which is of course fantastic news, but a slightly longer deal than the four years would have been the cherry on top? 

Cebellos had one good game, first match at home to Burnley - he strikes me as a bit moody and thinks he’s better than he actually is.

Tierney getting so much time and space he’s managed a half without injury

Even Laca should eventually fall over his boots whilst looking miserable and score tonight if we feed him enough chances

We’ve now signed Martinelli on an improved longer deal. This is brilliant news but very unArsenal behaviour.

If we carry on like this we’ll soon hear that Auba wants to stay and has signed a new contract.

I wonder who’s behind this sensible and encouraging behaviour.

Arteta? Edu? Both?

Delighted for Laca there, really nice finish. And credit to the boss for the change - two subs involved in the goal. Nice little run we're on now but it I don't think it will be enough for top 5.