rllmuk
cubeadvance

Arsenal

Arsenal finally got round to mailing season ticket holders about the credit on the account that won't be used this season - can either roll forward onto next season (which seems optimistic in terms of having games you can watch) or register for a refund between 1st-10th June on the website.

I like these representations Tom Worville does of squads - really clearly shows a squads composition and how well secured the top players are - this one isn't pretty reading

It will be interesting to see where the chips fall at the end of all of this. I can see lots of clubs relying much more on their own academies and also tying down what they have for a bit. That’s probably concerning for us as a few key members of the team would probably go if they had the chance and are closing in on the end of their deals, and the squad is bursting at the gunnels with graduates already. There’s so much churn needed every year now we’re like those dreadful Spurs and Liverpool teams of a few years ago that filled up on B grade players and could never shift them. 

I think the lack of an overall plan for recruitment would’ve probably shackled us for the foreseeable, but won’t matter too much now as I reckon most of the league will be in disarray anyway. We certainly picked a terrible time to overpay horribly for Pepe in the hope we could sell him on for more later. I can well see transfer fees tanking.

Arsenal season ticket refunds now open - its not linked or clearly shown from the main box-office link they sent out but on your account is a cashback option, which for my pair of tickets sees a handy £700 coming back my way.

Surprised they not tried to charge us for renewals yet - its a real tough call as I was on the waiting list for years to get them but now don't feel that inclined anytime soon to head back into a crowded ground, socially distanced or otherwise.

New away kit. 

Anyone thinking of the kid at school who always got  a nosebleed in PE?

1.jpeg

20 hours ago, Pavey said:

New away kit. 

Anyone thinking of the kid at school who always got  a nosebleed in PE?

1.jpeg

That was me!

Anyone know if Ceballos is likely to play on the restart? Still got him in a draft FF team but wasn't sure if he was good for the double game week..

2 injuries in the first game back is so Arsenal.

Whats Ozils reason for not playing this time?

On the plus side Luiz won't be able to play the next couple of games.

Ref letting brighton hack and kick us at will

Usual stick it up Arsenal tactics leading to injuries

Apparently we need to be finalising any short term deals today if we need them to stop on for the remainder of our games. Apart from the obvious ones, Soares will be out of contract with Southampton next week so would need to sign a deal with them to then stay with us as apparently we have no intention of keeping him long term. Compounded of course by him being injured anyway. When you add it up it has cost us £5m in wages and fees to have a desperately average right back we didn’t need sit on his arse at home for six months. 

the Soares signing genuinely makes you pine for the good old days of getting loanees in Jan with broken backs.

Kallstrom was a disaster obviously, but I still love that we had him. It sounded like he was genuinely upset he didn't play more, and that his penalty against Wigan is one of my fonder recent memories of supporting this club. I'd spent all day boozing in the sun with a forum legend, his old man and his friends and pretty much had to hold one eye shut to see what was going on down there. Was a wicked day altogether and I credit Kim for a lot of it.

On 22/06/2020 at 16:04, Art Vandelay said:

Kallstrom was a disaster obviously, but I still love that we had him. It sounded like he was genuinely upset he didn't play more, and that his penalty against Wigan is one of my fonder recent memories of supporting this club. I'd spent all day boozing in the sun with a forum legend, his old man and his friends and pretty much had to hold one eye shut to see what was going on down there. Was a wicked day altogether and I credit Kim for a lot of it.

https://punditarena.com/football/thepateam/kim-kallstrom-arsenal/

It sounds like Kallstrom absolutely loved being an Arsenal player, even though it was for a very short period and he was injured for most of the time he was with us.

• Upvote 1

Looks like I was talking a load of old shite the other day. We've signed up Soares, Mari and David-bloody-Luiz. Mari is supposed to be the best part of £20m in the end, Luiz is still getting six-figures and Soares is a four year deal. Two of course having long term injuries. Literally every single detail of all of this is absolutely terrible. I honestly cannot remember a worse set of signings.

• Upvote 1

yeah, when you're staring down your worst league finish in years and clearly in a multi season long decline signing back up up the crap that got you there and injured rejects from elsewhere for top $$$ doesn't really whet the appetite for an imminent recovery.