rllmuk
cubeadvance

Arsenal

Torreria's got a fractured ankle.

Edit: on the plus side this has made Jenus look even more of a dickhead for his retarded commentary.

My mate was saying during the game that ‘one-nil to the Arsenal’ is still probably his favourite chant; I told him that I still love it,  but miss feeling like you could sing it with a bit of confidence/conviction, when lately it’s felt more like opportunism - sing it while you can!

Regardless, a good result (especially considering how the other results have gone this far) from a half-decent game and an fairly meh performance. Leno was certainly still a bit busy for my liking, so thank fuck he’s as good as he is. It definitely feels like there’s an actual system in place now, but we’re lacking a bit of a spark going forward sometimes, and remain prone to individual errors at the back. I’m also so, so tired of watching our defenders continuously backing away from opponents coming at them with the ball...

The main thing I’ll remember from the game is the lengthy delay and then (amazingly, positive) result of the VAR decision on the goal; the general mix of bemusement and disapproval in the ground was something to behold, giving way to the the slightly surreal scenes as we realised it’d been given, with people who’d been watching the ref celebrating as people who’d been watching the screens gradually caught up and joined in the celebrations.

Five minutes of injury time, and I genuinely believe four of that was from the VAR delay...

7 hours ago, JDubYes said:

My mate was saying during the game that ‘one-nil to the Arsenal’ is still probably his favourite chant; I told him that I still love it,  but miss feeling like you could sing it with a bit of confidence/conviction, when lately it’s felt more like opportunism - sing it while you can!

Regardless, a good result (especially considering how the other results have gone this far) from a half-decent game and an fairly meh performance. Leno was certainly still a bit busy for my liking, so thank fuck he’s as good as he is. It definitely feels like there’s an actual system in place now, but we’re lacking a bit of a spark going forward sometimes, and remain prone to individual errors at the back. I’m also so, so tired of watching our defenders continuously backing say from opponents coming at them with the ball...

The main thing I’ll remember from the game is the lengthy delay and then (amazingly, positive) result of the VAR decision on the goal; the general mix of bemusement and disapproval in the ground was something to behold, giving way to the the slightly surreal scenes as we realised it’d been given, with people who’d been watching the ref celebrating as people who’d been watching the screens gradually caught up and joined in the celebrations.

Five minutes of injury time, and I genuinely believe four of that was from the VAR delay...

Do you mean this 'thing' of running parallel with an attacking opponent (with the ball) as much a possible, allowing him further into our half and consequently doing his thing (pass/shot etc)?

I too find it baffling, and don't see any other teams doing it as much.

Yeah, it seems so rare for our defenders to move toward the ball carrier, or stand their ground. It’s not always inadvisable to back off, of course, and often the shot ceded isn’t too dangerous, but still, we do seem to do a lot of it (Luiz had a pretty glaring example yesterday that sprang to mind) and I always wonder how much it’s coached, and how much it’s a lack of confidence.

Arsenal finally got round to mailing season ticket holders about the credit on the account that won't be used this season - can either roll forward onto next season (which seems optimistic in terms of having games you can watch) or register for a refund between 1st-10th June on the website.

I like these representations Tom Worville does of squads - really clearly shows a squads composition and how well secured the top players are - this one isn't pretty reading

It will be interesting to see where the chips fall at the end of all of this. I can see lots of clubs relying much more on their own academies and also tying down what they have for a bit. That’s probably concerning for us as a few key members of the team would probably go if they had the chance and are closing in on the end of their deals, and the squad is bursting at the gunnels with graduates already. There’s so much churn needed every year now we’re like those dreadful Spurs and Liverpool teams of a few years ago that filled up on B grade players and could never shift them. 

I think the lack of an overall plan for recruitment would’ve probably shackled us for the foreseeable, but won’t matter too much now as I reckon most of the league will be in disarray anyway. We certainly picked a terrible time to overpay horribly for Pepe in the hope we could sell him on for more later. I can well see transfer fees tanking.

Arsenal season ticket refunds now open - its not linked or clearly shown from the main box-office link they sent out but on your account is a cashback option, which for my pair of tickets sees a handy £700 coming back my way.

Surprised they not tried to charge us for renewals yet - its a real tough call as I was on the waiting list for years to get them but now don't feel that inclined anytime soon to head back into a crowded ground, socially distanced or otherwise.

New away kit. 

Anyone thinking of the kid at school who always got  a nosebleed in PE?

1.jpeg