rllmuk
cubeadvance

Arsenal

That second half was great. It was like one of those routine shellackings that Wenger teams used to dish out where you didn’t dry heave with nervous fear every weekend. 

Saka’s one-on-one ability is bang out of order. He’s the kind of lad that turns up at Sunday league and puts a veteran in traction by twisting them inside out all afternoon. I’ve certainly missed a good contract saga too.

Saka does look very promising as a forward/winger - not sure left wing back is his role long term especially against better teams but its great to see some youngsters coming thru and looking good - we will have to do this in the next few as a non CL team, big signings of established talent will not be happening.

First half was dire - we gave a Newcastle team that don't want the ball the possession and we were second best for a long time.

Arteta is definitely trying to solve from the back first, the shots against are going down, if not drying up, but its still a team of 2 bits with no real midfield. This though is a problem of what is available and its like some scenario mode on football manager with a weird squad. We're wasting Aubamyang out wide to fit another striker in the middle, but he still seems to be grafting away, at times dropping back into LB when Saka bombs forward (which is an obvious problem, you don't see Messi back there very often for the obvious reason).

Nice to see Pepe getting some confidence, was reading about him in France and he seems a player that needs a boost and things to right around him in terms of how the team play. 

11 hours ago, suzzopher said:

Apparently Saka has the same agent as Sancho, I have a feeling we might not keep him :(

I think Sancho's agent did the right thing by him bearing in mind City's record of bringing youngsters through, Saka on the other hand is getting plenty of first team time, although this may be more because of injuries.

I imagine the conversation is where does he play/start if everybody is fit and Arteta is playing whatever his preferred system is, not the one forced on him by the squad shape. 

Saka needs game time - if we can't offer that it's right he looks to play elsewhere. I suspect he's first team squad but not starter next season, but we're never far off an injury crisis.

• Upvote 1

I think if you’re going by the letter of law that’s disallowed for a high boot. If it goes in though it’s always going to count.

Still think Pickford might gift us something.

There seems to be a cosmic force that dictates if some prick is just involved in a debatable red card incident and gets away with it he will always score within the next two minutes.

• Upvote 1

He’s got a trendy pastel hair-do and has somehow transformed into prime years Cannavaro. Arteta must be a practicing mystical shaman or something, it’s literally the only explanation. 

• Upvote 3

Interesting thread by Orbinho just before KO about how we’re statistically no different under Arteta to Emery, just a bit luckier in the short term.

I'll defend Laca until the end but that attempted, stooping header was absolutely criminal. Looks like his nerve is gone completely. 

Hello darkness my old friend. Getting a shellacking from Bayern seems like a sun drenched paradise compared to this shit. Rather neatly solves the Aubameyang contract saga before it starts too.

52 minutes ago, Silent Runner said:

I don't care how old he is, get him on a longer contract ASAP. The best striker we've has since Henry. 

Just going to delete my entire existence.

Well at least we should get a few games on Saturday now for the rest of the season, and TV will have no interest in our fixtures. 

Can go 2 ways on this - its either a good chance for Arteta to coach his team without Europa league distractions and make a concerted run for 4/5th and a CL spot or its the start of a Watford style downing of tools as they all go on holiday early mentally and coast into the season end with nothin to play for.

To that end, if anyone has any spares for the Leicester game could they give me a shout? Looking for a pair, three ideally. It’d be much appreciated if anyone could hook me up.

8 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

To that end, if anyone has any spares for the Leicester game could they give me a shout? Looking for a pair, three ideally. It’d be much appreciated if anyone could hook me up.

I might have a couple. Do you have a membership for a ticket transfer?