rllmuk
cubeadvance

Arsenal

12 minutes ago, Adrock said:

Leeds have shown the difference between the Premier League and Championship. They haven't been able to convert the multitude of chances they've worked, they lack the quality needed.

It was interesting to see us go toe to toe with a decent Prem team. The converting chances thing has been a problem all season. We generally dominate all game like we did first half. In the Championship we can wear teams down with our fitness but that won't happen with a team like Arsenal. Whatever Arteta said at half time worked wonders. 

Massive improvement in the second half. Once Ozil got on the ball more often it changed the game.

Really missed Terriera in the midfield.

Very slow start, wonder how much of it was down to this being the 3rd big game in 8 days and the players thinking they could get away with less effort than against Chelsea and man utd if arteta is asking for more hard work from the team that it appears we aren't at that fitness level for, then maybe seeing this as a game they could rest up a bit in. Is understandable with the injuries we have it also makes it hard to rotate players.

Leeds clearly playee excellent and Should have been ahead  it we got lucky and turned in a performance in the second half.

Apparently laca was asked what arteta said at half time and replied with "he shouted a lot"

1 hour ago, humdrum said:

Very slow start, wonder how much of it was down to this being the 3rd big game in 8 days and the players thinking they could get away with less effort than against Chelsea and man utd if arteta is asking for more hard work from the team that it appears we aren't at that fitness level for, then maybe seeing this as a game they could rest up a bit in. Is understandable with the injuries we have it also makes it hard to rotate players.

Leeds clearly playee excellent and Should have been ahead  it we got lucky and turned in a performance in the second half.

Apparently laca was asked what arteta said at half time and replied with "he shouted a lot"

Yep, that was in the BBC post match stuff, he also said that maybe they weren't respecting the opposition and the match plan like they should have.

Just now, Gotters said:

well that is a lovely goal and finish

my son has predicted 2-1 palace...

Just now, SeanR said:

my son has predicted 2-1 palace...

he's about as reliable as that psychic octopus usually isn't he ?

I do find the shithouse diving tactics of Torreira, Kolasinac & Xhaka hard to stomach - ref not having all of it so far on either side but you know somebody is about to dangle a leg for Zaha to fling himself into to sooner or later.

5 minutes ago, Shoes said:

Can we forbid David Luiz from taking free kicks lads.

he's the new 'myth of Ronaldo' or Roberto Carlos.

just because you've once spanked a long range wobbler in if you've taken 50 subsequently that have gone nowhere near its time to give up and let somebody else take them.

6 minutes ago, Silent Runner said:

78+ minutes of Emery level shite. 

It's going to take a while to get all of that out of their system, Arteta essentially said after the Leeds match that there's alot he needs to address regarding the players' attitudes

Craig Pawson shouldn't be allowed to officiate an Arsenal game in any capacity, the guy has an agenda against Arsenal. 

3 hours ago, hercules said:

Craig Pawson shouldn't be allowed to officiate an Arsenal game in any capacity, the guy has an agenda against Arsenal. 

oh, it was Craig Pawson? I thought it was

Spoiler

0965BC27-4418-4806-BFBC-F1687F042AED.jpeg.1147b3eff7bd14c399d30a9dbe088091.jpeg

clint howard

I see The Metro have linked Arsenal with a move for John Stones, I doubt it'll happen (and Arsenal seem to be being linked to anyone whos out of favour), but Arteta shouldn't be looking to fix an error prone defence with an error prone defender.

• Upvote 1

Interesting that Arsenal are scoring with a higher efficiency (% of shots going in) than seen in Opta history - this means we may not be in an artificially low position but actually artificially high and due a fall.

Are you sure?

I can see Orbinho mentioned it but he was retweeting his own tweet from April last year when everyone felt like it was unsustainable and we were due a fall.

7 minutes ago, Larsen B said:

Are you sure?

I can see Orbinho mentioned it but he was retweeting his own tweet from April last year when everyone felt like it was unsustainable and we were due a fall.

oh yeah, thats what you get for flicking thru hundreds of tweets in a few mins !

Ridiculous VAR call and dumb defending. I'm not sure how much optimism I can muster for the rest of the season.

Where was Lacazette yesterday? I can't remember any of Arsenal's chances where he was in the box. Pepe has really shown alot of promise since Arteta took over and almost everything positive yesterday came through him, but Lacazette needs to step up

He’s always been a streaky player but he looks bereft at the moment. The sort of form where he could still be playing 45 minutes after everyone else has gone home and he still couldn’t scuff one in. He needs to step up, but we also needs someone to create some chances for him. 

We look more compact and you can see some ideas coming through, but we still look dreadful going forward. We’ll have changes forced on us in the summer when Lacazette and Auba probably move on, but we have some serious surgery to do. The make up of the squad is terrible.