rllmuk
cubeadvance

Arsenal

Just now, humdrum said:

So chambers is booked for pulling back James, but when Lingard pulls back Saka nothing.

are you new to watching football at old trafford ?

remember when the Nevilles took turns to stamp Yellow card free on Reyes’ ankles until he got carried off ?

• Upvote 2

Just now, feltmonkey said:

There wasn't a deflection though. 

He got done by the fact there wasn’t a deflection, then.

(He wasn’t getting to it anyway.)

• Upvote 2

I’m sure Pepe will come good, I continue to repeat to myself, but he falls to pieces in the box quicker than a jigsaw puzzle.

I feel like I’ve watched this Utd game a hundred times before. Someone will blow their top because the ref’s a bit of a home blower and we’ll totally buckle. I can’t even say we’re being outthought as Utd look dreadful. We’re just somehow worse. 

From my Arsenal What's App group:

We also have Bellerin, Tierney, Holding and Laca all to return to the starting 11. Gonna make a big difference to our team. Plus Saka & Pepe to improve. 4th after 7 games having played Liverpool & Utd away and Spurs at home. Just need Emery to stop dicking about with our midfield and be bolder.

Watching that interview with Emery, how much of what he says do you guys understand? There was one sentence where the only word I caught was "pyjamas" and I'm not sure why he was saying that. 

lovely line on F365 about our starting midfield

‘an absolute condom of a midfield – one that prioritises protection but, placed under enough pressure, leaves an almighty mess’ 

Sako was interviewed the other day after the Europa league and said how good Ljungberg is he can understand his instructions - often when managers talk in fractured english you can get the gist of it, but with Emery I usually have no idea as he like lots of words and long replies that often seem to change tack several times, leaving just noise shaped air. I do hear 'possility' a lot in there. 

He does look a great prospect, been so impressed with him in last couple of games.

Good article on the Athletic today about our behind the scenes setup and how Mertesacker, Ljunberg, Edu etc all work with the top brass.

Honestly, I’d be shocked if Freddie isn’t the first team coach come January.

I’m not saying he’s the answer but he seems to be earmarked for the position by those in charge of the club.

If Ljunberg did ever get the managers job, Adidas need to make him one of these as I can't see him in a suit.

arsenal-94-jacket-rain.jpg

• Upvote 2