rllmuk
cubeadvance

Arsenal

Still a bizarre statement! It wasn't even news until Arsenal made it so. :lol:

Would anyone have batted an eyelid when they seen he wasnt on tour? Most would just think he's probably injured again.

I’d have definitely assumed he was injured, he’s at the point we should only issue a press release if he’s fit.

Still who needs centre backs.

Yeah that or easily diffused which a comment like "his staying back in the UK for work on his fitness" , people would know its bullshit and that he is probbaly just waiting on a move which has been predicted but would no way cause as much fuss as this has.

Arsenal twitter is so putrid these days. half seem to laying into Kos for the disrespect and the other half and laying into Arsenal and making out it is some kind of stand ala RVP saying its because we haven't signed anyone.

Don't get me wrong Arsenal has escalated this with the post and the lack of details, but without knowing how long and what has been said/done/threatened behind the scenes its all just reactionary.

I expect a statement from Kos or his people to be made very soon. 

Wonder if this is the heavy handed way the club is starting to try and take some control back from players, who’ve been indulged and let do want they want transfer and contract wise since RVP and Nasri forced their way out

But it's entirely self-defeating. If we wanted a fee for him then we've made that impossible now by airing this in public. I'm not saying Koscielny has covered himself in glory by any means, but that statement makes no sense.

Koscielny looked good after he came back from injury last year, although I doubt he would be first choice ahead of Sokratis & Holding. As things stand (especially if we buy that kid and loan him back for a season) he's the only thing standing in the way of another season of Mustafi being our main back up in defense. I really hope they can sort this out!!!

outbid by Spurs apparently - wonder if it was us dithering or him/his club delaying hoping to smoke out an auction for a supposed hot talent.

Could be, could also be spurs trying to get us to spend more of our budget who knows.

I am not going to lose my shit over it though,. never heard of him before the rumors and with the Kos issue we could really do with signing someone for this season. 

Ceballos an interesting loanee and doesn't look like Kallstrom or Suarez - he's very highly regarded and really sees his long term future at Madrid, but has come to us to get playing time and experience. This isn't ideal but it gives us an option in the squad and apparently a decent player looking to prove a point.

It may only be a short term loan (with no right to buy) but you never know what will happen next summer if he's been decent, Madrid may be raising funds for a run at Mbappe or something and we'd hopefully be in pole if he settled.