rllmuk
cubeadvance

Arsenal

That's really sad. I'm not a gunners fan, but I always liked to watch him play. Fabregas' tribute made me well up a little. RIP. :(

Don't know why I looked straight to the April/May matches - like we're going to be in the mix for anything other than maybe 6th place.  

Christmas fixtures look fun - back to back home games against Utd and Chelsea. 

my sons first Arsenal game was vs Bournemouth 28 Dec 2015, as a Christmas present

I'd like to take him to the Chelsea game on the 28th of Dec this year, but we never get tickets for Cat A games...

Probably be the Brighton or Sheffield United(!) games now for us lowly Red Members

That xmas December run at home of City, Chelsea & Utd jumps out as the sort of spell that can knock you back on your heels if it goes badly.

Thanks guys. For any of you that are interested here's an article on Jerome from the Newcastle Herald:

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/6208501/i-want-to-see-my-boys-grow-up-teacher-had-no-major-symptoms-before-stage-iv-bowel-cancer/

We had some really good news yesterday. No growth after the first bout of Chemo! His doctors were expecting at least a slight growth as it was so aggressive.

Really happy at the moment.

• Upvote 3

Because they're Italian and also Arsenal would have to actually spend some money to break FFP in the first place

Plus to be nerdy our think we're in danger of breaching premier league FFP rules which are based on allowable wage growth (another gift from giving Oil £300k a week to play Fortnite)

But well played Milan, its like asking to be sent to your room hoping your parents forget you've got a tv and ZX Spectrum up there. 

• Upvote 1

I came here to ask whether everyone thought the Aubameyang sale was a load of bollocks but judging by the above Twitter thread it seems quite likely.

Ozil needs to go. 

1 hour ago, Professor_k said:

I came here to ask whether everyone thought the Aubameyang sale was a load of bollocks but judging by the above Twitter thread it seems quite likely.

Ozil needs to go. 

It better be bollocks, I'd rather keep the Lacazette+Aubmeyang partnership than pay £80m for Zaha when the attack isnt the problem that needs fixing (or needs addressing as urgently)

• Upvote 2

Is the thinking that Aubameyang would go to Man U and we'd bring in Zaha? As much as I like Aubameyang, he seems like the only real option we have of bringing in cash for transfers. I do like Zaha, but couldn't we just sell Aubameyang and bring in a less expensive winger and other players we so obviously need?

• Downvote 1

Fond memories of that 2 month period when Emery joined when it seemed like we might actually be real but I guess once a banter club, always a banter club.

On 14/06/2019 at 12:21, Stagger Lee said:

Thanks guys. For any of you that are interested here's an article on Jerome from the Newcastle Herald:

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/6208501/i-want-to-see-my-boys-grow-up-teacher-had-no-major-symptoms-before-stage-iv-bowel-cancer/

We had some really good news yesterday. No growth after the first bout of Chemo! His doctors were expecting at least a slight growth as it was so aggressive.

Really happy at the moment.

I got the news today that Jerome had passed away. He picked up a blood infection during his last round of Chemo and couldn't start the next round until it had cleared up.

He was at home with his family. I am truly gutted.

I'll stop with the non football chat now. 

• Empathy 10

Yeah the statement isn’t helpful at all is it. If he wants to go back to France, aged 33 after 9 seasons, and we’re refusing to let him, then that says a lot about the state of the club I think.

Apparently there was mention that he wanted Arsenal to terminate his contract so he could leave on a free. 

Could you imagine the uproar, a club with only £40m for transfers releases its club captain in a position we are already weak in for free. 

If he wants to leave then fine, he may even feel that we owe it to him, but if the rumor is true then we should at least be expecting to get a fee for him, an extra £5/10m could be the difference on bringing someone in. 

Other question would be how does this make us look to perspective signing?...