IGNORED

Arsenal

cubeadvance

Ornstein spoken, we've rejected the £30m and want £40m 

We need to say how disgusted we are at such a lowball offer like everybody else does with our opening bids.

Everton are clearly insulting us with this derisory offer.

We would be stupid to accept the offer for Iwobi, in this market and considering who we have to play on the left. We have promising youngsters that are an unknown and raw. Iwobi may frustrate a lot of people, but is homegrown, versatile, one of the few dribblers we have and is on a moderate wage. 

33 minutes ago, hercules said:

We would be stupid to accept the offer for Iwobi, in this market and considering who we have to play on the left. We have promising youngsters that are an unknown and raw. Iwobi may frustrate a lot of people, but is homegrown, versatile, one of the few dribblers we have and is on a moderate wage. 

Aubamayang will be playing there though, won’t he? Assuming we intend to ever have PAL60 active.

I just made the same comment to my son about Mustafi and Luiz on the pitch at the same time - may as well put them out in clown shoes and give them flowers that spray water.

We could have the start of a good 'big hair XI' though with Luiz, Guendouzi and Elneny.

30 minutes ago, Gotters said:

Never seen Tierney play but looks a bit of a crock, played 9 times this year and the medical isn’t considered a formality

Yeah, he’s a straight up gamble and we’ve not had luck in that regard. Our original bid was fair, assuming we’ve given in to what they wanted it feels a lot like we’ve overpaid. 

It’s also very different being a defender for the only team in a one-team league compared with the Premiership, and especially the Arsenal defence. There’s a big adjustment needed there, too.

He might be great, but...Not feeling confident. 

3 hours ago, Gotters said:

Never seen Tierney play but looks a bit of a crock, played 9 times this year and the medical isn’t considered a formality

He's a brilliant player who Rodgers repeatedly ran into the ground because he's such a good, committed player, because our competitive season is ridiculous and runs from early July to late May, and because Rodgers is a dick who can't adjust to his best player not being available. 

Played something close to 60 games season before last, 40 last season even despite injuries. We have been using him up as much as possible and not letting him recover. You'll have to give him time to recover, he's recovering from a hip injury and osteitis pubis. He is also still really young, just turned 22, these things are common at that age. 

Once he does, he should be the best player we've produced from our youth system since Dalglish (McStay would be the other one but he never took the big move). It's a much, much bigger loss for us than Van Dijk was, put it that way, we've built our team around him to an extent. 

I have no doubt he'll be a smash in England as long as he gets a little bit of time. You've definitely not overpaid, a similar player from an English club without the European experience would run you twice that. He should end up world class barring a disaster. 

My Dads a Celtic fan and pretty much mirrors deerokus' thoughts, reckons he's outstanding and we've got him for a steal given his age and potential. When I expressed uncertainty he reminded me the last time we had this conversation was a few years ago when Arsenal passed on Van Dijk for 12 million. 

Ornstein has confirmed Luiz & Tierney are having medicals today. £8m for Luiz on a fairly short deal which I don’t think is bad at all personally. He’ll invariably do some ridiculous shit, but he’ll also make us less reliant on Xhaka’s passing. Plus it means that Banter FC lives on, and that’s the most important thing.