IGNORED

Arsenal

cubeadvance

Videos missing the audio, I can only assume Kolasinac was an absolute hero shouting "Go! Save yourself!". Boss.

It was probably a fend off and run scenario considering they are carrying huge knives! If Ozil jumped out and it became a stand off, things could have been so much worse.

I'm sure I heard that both players wives were in the car as well? Which would better explain the sharp exit.

23 minutes ago, Steely said:

Videos missing the audio, I can only assume Kolasinac was an absolute hero shouting "Go! Save yourself!". Boss.

shouting "Go! Save yourself!"....

then whispers: "...because you might, maybe, be needed for one of the easy home games"

1 hour ago, suzzopher said:

Why would Ozil drive off?

Apparently their wives were also in the car and they sped off to a nearby Turkish restaurant for some Kofti

to get help

Lille posted yesterday they had reached agreement with 4 clubs to be allowed to talk to player, and was down to him where he went.

Spending big when skint usually means something unpalatable following, like Auba to Man Utd when they move Lukaku on. 

Or hopefully its structured and we are paying Lille something like £15M a year over 4 years with £20M in bonuses. hey I can hope can't I.

It does seem strange however that we seem to be concentrating on attacking players rather  than defence when last season we had something like the 3rd best attack but 3rd worse defence, you would like it was keep the attack the same but strengthen the defence would be the answer. 

our attack was an anomaly - we created poor quality chances and not very many of them, but had 2 in form strikers scoring above the expected chance conversion rate.

supply line was a problem when viewed that way.

that said a new CB we could start would be nice

According to the Metro there's no truth to all th media reports on their being a budget of £45m anyway.

But I hope that we keep both Aubmeyang and Lacazette, I think those two Sokrates and Guendozi (who looks like he could be really could but obviously needs more time) are amongst the best signings Arsenal have made in the past five years.

This is crazy, but perhaps that letter signed by the bloggers and such actually had an effect? It did seem like maybe it had. 

(Or at least, the logic behind it. The European Super League feels increasingly close, and as it stands Arsenal aren’t being invited. That’s not what the owners have been aiming for. They’ve been aiming for spending the minimum amount possible to keep us at the top table, and for one of the first times that is clearly going to need to be more than £0.)

I suspect the bloggers have no effect at all - the club are still operating pretty much within the budget we thought but just being smart with how the deals are structured

If the budget has been loosened up at all its more likely the Kroenke's are seeing that continual Europa league football is negatively impacting the value of the asset so they are trying to shore it up - they don't care about winning anything - their goal is the money from participating at the top table.

4 minutes ago, Gotters said:

I suspect the bloggers have no effect at all - the club are still operating pretty much within the budget we thought but just being smart with how the deals are structured

If the budget has been loosened up at all its more likely the Kroenke's are seeing that continual Europa league football is negatively impacting the value of the asset so they are trying to shore it up - they don't care about winning anything - their goal is the money from participating at the top table.

I dunno. Little Kroenke actually responded to it directly, which is out of the ordinary.

Things like Kos begging to leave and Ramsey being snapped up by Juve are going to play on your mind if you’re in charge too. I might be making it up, but I think they expected Ramsey to do what Wilshere had to do and stay in the league and have to go to a smaller team. Maybe even Cardiff. That’d make him beg to sign for a lower wage.

Not hop straight into a team that is likely to go to the Champion’s League semis, which makes Arsenal look very small-time. They’re not used to that. 

I really do doubt it, Kroenke Jnr's interview was pretty much bog standard corporate 'dear client, thank you for you observations, we care very much about all of you and like you love our business too blah blah'

They are long term investors in sport teams that they believe will all spiral up in value with global viewing and media deals - all that motivates them is a decline in the value of those teams. 

You're seeing it thru the eyes of a fan I think, not a businessman.

1 minute ago, Gotters said:

I really do doubt it, Kroenke Jnr's interview was pretty much bog standard corporate 'dear client, thank you for you observations, we care very much about all of you and like you love our business too blah blah'

They are long term investors in sport teams that they believe will all spiral up in value with global viewing and media deals - all that motivates them is a decline in the value of those teams. 

You're seeing it thru the eyes of a fan I think, not a businessman.

I’m saying that they didn’t know the value was declining, because income is broadly level. And that things are happening in succession that are emphasising it. 

My son tells me this guy is as reliable as The Oracle, who also said the same earlier on Pepe

This and reports of offers for Mustafi on the same day - things shaping up well, though doubt we'll get more than some magic beans and a bag of lightly soiled training shirts in return for a defender who to this day we made one of top 10 most expensive CBs OF ALL TIME.

Now the 'how the hell did we get him, how much have we overpaid' questions can start.

There is an old Louis CK routine about how a family bringing home a puppy is just the start of a timer to future sadness and misery if it gets ill or eventually passes away - this is how I feel when we make a big signing. 

Arsenal are apparently asking for £27m for Mustafi! :lol:

Wasn't there a player that we nearly signed, did the photoshoot with etc and then that same day he was announced for someone else? Was it Mata before he joined Chelsea?

I’m happy with the transfer because he’s obviously a good player and it might make a coherent front three.

But also...Bit weird. If we were freely spending then fine, but that hasn’t happened for decades so it very much feels like we’re prioritising something which shouldn’t be the priority.

£10m for Bielek seems decent business, he has never played for us in the league and made 34 appearances on loan in league 1 last year for Charlton.

We clearly don't fancy him much but good to start getting fees for this type of player, like Chelsea, City and Liverpool have been for years now.