rllmuk
cubeadvance

Arsenal

Good to go thru like that from behind - if only Emery can sort out the lingering away form issues we are pretty potent at home.

Watching Aubamyang he's a bit of a conundrum of a player at the moment, he scores a lot of goals, misses a load of sitters and doesn't add much to team play when out of the box - the criticisms seem harsh and I even say to myself 'just look at the goals'

What does perplex me though is people still call him a speedster, I started to doubt this in the Milk Cup final vs City last year when he couldn't beat Kompany in a foot race, and ever since then I've seen countless defenders not get burned by him and at the very least keep up comfortably.

Lacazette is a transformed player though from what we saw in the first season, he's so physical and playing with a bit of bite - I thought we'd signed a dud there but now there aren't many I'd swap him for.

• Upvote 3

Auba was apparently ill so not considered to start - the pair can look good together but my suspicion is more so when one comes on late and the opponents are worn out a bit - from the start against decent teams they don't quite work as well and we lose a bit in possession with Auba out wide as his hold up & general team play not the best.

Solid performance against an opponent with no ambition to play at all.

Hopefully VAR will sort out some of these decisions we're seeing - its now quite standard for defenders to fling themselves to the ground looking for FKs as in the first case, the second disallowed was bizarre, goalie punches it in own net under no real challenge and its ruled out for handball.

We're now on same points we finished last season with so definitely avoided the first season disaster that was possible after such a long previous manager reign.

3rd place in the league, knock outs of the Europa League and actually playing some decent footie. Don't really think we could ask for any more TBH. Still some key games to go, but at least we're going into it in good form.

Emery has to take the blame for this effort. 'Resting' two of our best players in a difficult away match is outrageous. There's no way were finishing top 4. I can see us losing to Wolves, Burnley and probably Leicester. 

Utterly dire, but this can’t be placed alone at Emery’s feet - a team that can go unbeaten at home in league since opening week fixtures shouldn’t so consistently throw the towel in and be so weak away from home, especially seeing as this isn’t a new thing.

This group remain mentally weak and fragile and seemingly just don’t fancy (or can’t) play in front of a crowd that isn’t behind them.

The first half was one of those performances we've never sustained for a whole match that just has you going 'why can't you get near this every week or at least more often'.

Second half wasn't as good - I'm not overly confident with only 2 goals lead and our defence and dislike of the slightest away crowd hostility, I'd think Napoli still fancy their chances back home.

13 hours ago, Silent Runner said:

What a fabulous goal. Freaks my nut out Ramsey didn't start on Sunday. 

He was carrying a knock apparently.

And it says on the bbc the arsenal fans are singing “how poor must you be, we’re winning away from home”, according to my son?

Horrible performance from front to back. I think Watford would have won comfortably with 11 on the pitch - lucky for us Deeney is an idiot. We're getting thumped by Napoli, Wolves and Leicster. 

The only positives were AMN and Gwen when they came on.