IGNORED

Arsenal

cubeadvance

On 25/09/2016 at 01:18, Timmo said:

Shame you waited one season too long to show it. Record 2nd place points total incoming.

Yes, but yesterday was a performance like we haven't seen for a while and felt very positive. 

That and our new found very un-arsenal range goals from Xhaka makes for some happy fans. 

I know the game was over but finishing and over-elaboration in second half reminded me of the old a bit, should have been 5 or 6 nil.

Deligted for you though, first half was something else.

On 24/09/2016 at 20:50, gooner4life said:

that was as good a team performance as you can ask for, Chelsea are not the shambles they were last season, they also had a mental hold over us.

It's testament to Arsene how he's transformed the squad, when Coquelin went off and Xhaka came on we didn't miss a beat, Mustafi has slotted in alongside Kos and they look like they have played together since the youth team.

We look hungry this season, I love it.

The first half was the best I have seen us play for years.  Everything worked.

We started the season badly but we look like we are clicking into form, but we have to hope it continues.  The hard work against Chelsea will be undone if we don't get maximum points from Burnley, Swansea, Boro etc.

Iwobi deserves a lot of credit for that change. He's become an amazing outlet when Cazorla or Ozil can't find a killer pass, keeping things ticking over. I was particularly impressed when after he completely fucked up a pass and was straight on the ball almost directly after, didn't even consider hiding.

Another bad night at the office for Ox though. Admittedly everyone was warming down by the time he came on, but he really made no impact at all.

He's an incredible talent. So composed and intelligent for his age. You'd never believe he was only 20, watching him play. His ability to receive the ball between the lines and turn quickly is a vital outlet, as Rev mentions. He's deceptively powerful too, very strong on the ball. He wins the majority of 50-50's he goes in to. 

It's a shame for the England national team, that nobody had the sense to try and convince him to stay with England. I appreciate with the reputation his Uncle has in Nigeria, the family pull was always going to be difficult to ignore, but it was worth a shot.

I'm quite relieved that he doesn't have the pressure of being the next big hope for England.  Players like Rashford are being thrust in to the media spotlight while Iwobi is quietly getting on with fitting in with the quick tempo, quick passing and attack heavy style of our team.  Iwobi comes across as quite a humble personality and  was a bit like a rabbit in headlights on his post match interview after the Chelsea game (hilariously so in fact!).  The less pressure/expectation on him the better and I'm really hopeful that he's going to develop in to a very special player for us.