IGNORED

Arsenal

cubeadvance

I'd imagine it's mostly coming from the player because there's no real direct benefit for us to loan him out, even if he's not making the first XI. Jack is out of the England squad though and not really near our first XI right now, so from his perspective he needs to make a change to try and play some regular football.

It's looking like he may be off to Palace. I'd have preferred him to go overseas in all honesty, it could have been really good for him. Palace smacks of taking the easy option.

He has two young children, so the prospect of moving abroad was always unlikely. As soon as that (uninspiring) list of interested teams came out, Palace seemed the safest bet, as I'm sure Pardew would be able to convince Jack to go there. 

To to be honest, if he can go there and have a full season without injuries, I'd be happy for him. He was clearly going to be far down the pecking order here. Realistically, he would only have gotten any serious game-time if others got injured.

I think it's a terrible idea to go to Palace. They play 4-4-1-1 with wingers. Where does he fit into that setup? He's got Champions League clubs after him but he'd rather go and try to get some games under Pards, in a system that he doesn't seem to fit into?

I don't think WIlshire is being loaned up with a view to him coming back into the squad, I think he's being put into the shop window in the hope that he remains fit long enough that we can extract a huge amount of TV money from the likes of Stoke, West Brom etc next summer

I think he'd be nuts accepting a team here when he's got foreign clubs coming in for him, some in the CL. Go out and experience another culture, another style of football. Hope to get stronger in both mind and body and then give Wenger a difficult choice to make. The whole moving family thing is mostly nullified by having shit tons of money. Fancy having family and friends over for the weekend, private jet. Fancy having familar food(yeah I know right), personal chef. Missing personal belongings? Ship em out. Fancy having the odd trip back to blighty, easy. Etc. Honestly I don't understand why more British players don't go abroad, when they have all the advantages to make it easier for them. They're barking.

People keep saying over and over on Twitter "He has kids, it's a non-starter".

Like, is he going to be the first footballer ever to move abroad with children? Christ, how will he cope in these uncharted waters? If only there was a way to take them with him on a really fun extended holiday, or to leave them at home but Skype them daily and fly them out every couple of weeks to visit and have a great time in a nice sunny country.

And people complain that English players are insular and risk-averse...

He's English, so it's a non-starter. Chance of him adapting and thriving in another culture are virtually nil. 

Plus, he's not very good.

He's plenty good enough to get games for Sporting or Roma when fully fit.

Christ, Juve were apparently interested and their midfield is currently Asamoah, Lemena, Khedira. It's not impossible that he could force his way into that side either.

edit: Ornstein saying he's agreed terms with Roma :omg:

1 hour ago, The Fox said:

He's plenty good enough to get games for Sporting or Roma when fully fit.

Christ, Juve were apparently interested and their midfield is currently Asamoah, Lemena, Khedira. It's not impossible that he could force his way into that side either.

edit: Ornstein saying he's agreed terms with Roma :omg:

Now saying that Arsenal are being dicks because Roma were dicks earlier in the summer when we were after Manolas. FFS

7 minutes ago, suzzopher said:

So Gnarby has gone to Werder Bremen for £4.5m, I bet he'll be back in the Premier League for £50 in two to three years.

We'll have put a buy-back price in there, there's no way we couldn't have got double out of Bayern.

Now all that needs to happen is Werder Bremen sell him to Bayern for £9m before they loan him back to Bremen and the transfer saga will have reached Full Comedy Potential.

42 minutes ago, Rev said:

We'll have put a buy-back price in there, there's no way we couldn't have got double out of Bayern.

Now all that needs to happen is Werder Bremen sell him to Bayern for £9m before they loan him back to Bremen and the transfer saga will have reached Full Comedy Potential.

According to Arseblog the transfer was funded by Bayern who may well take Gnabry next Summer if they want to. Essentially the Bremen deal is a 'loan' but looks like a permanent deal. Lots of tweets from Germany confirming this. Which is all very odd. 

Maybe Gnabry will fulfil his potential and we'll regret letting him go, but if Özil is in the middle and Alexis is on the left, then surely the following players are ahead of Gnabry on the right:

Perez
The Ox
Iwobi
Walcott
Ramsey (not his best position, but has played there a lot)

That's not including Welbeck, when he's back and The Jeff, who's bound to get some cup games. 

I can't see how Gnabry was going to get back in the side? If we want to be taken seriously, we're gonna have to make some hard calls. Not all will be the right ones, but I'm glad to see some of the fringe/injured players getting moved on.

14 minutes ago, BlinkyBear said:

According to Arseblog the transfer was funded by Bayern who may well take Gnabry next Summer if they want to. Essentially the Bremen deal is a 'loan' but looks like a permanent deal. Lots of tweets from Germany confirming this. Which is all very odd. 

Is that legal?

I think we need to see if the Ox is gonna make it, so I'd prioritise him. Iwobi looks pretty good to me and works well with Mesut. Walcott is infuriating but still has the pace to trouble players. We've just signed Perez who I don't know if he's a winger or striker. Welbeck will be back eventually. I just can't see it.

Wenger is often criticised for not being ruthless enough. Maybe he's not Mourinho or Pep who often make examples of players (Mata, Hart) but loaning Scez, Chambers, Wilshere and moving on Gnabry might send a message to the players that they can't just cruise anymore. 

The squad is starting to look a bit different now. A bit more physical -- only thing we're missing is a striker that other clubs would be jealous of. 

EDIT: Sky saying Gnabry deal is £8m. Pretty good return on a £100k investment.
EDIT 2: Ornstein saying Wilsh to Bournemouth now.

Edited by Jonathan_Kerr

I thought the whole gnabry thing was based on Bayern looking to buy him to loan to Bremen, so we cut out the middle man and went direct to Bremen? 

Also he apparently TR gently only has a year left on his contract and didn't want to resign.

There was comments from Wenger around the time of the Olympics that we wanted him to renew , that we had shown him faith during his injuries and wanted him to repay that.

But if it's allowing him to go for nothing in a year or getting a.littlw bit for him now then we didn't have much choice.

Strange how many people are losing their shit over gnabry and wilshere when for th last year couple of months they have been calling for us to cut our losses on them as they were never going to make it/bit fit for a whole season. 

Exactly. If Wilshere plays himself into some form, we either get a quality player back or we move him on for a big fee in this inflated market.

If he doesn't do well or gets injured again then he's not taking up a squad spot or wasting anyone's time. Who knows... he might put in the odd great performance that trips up a few of our rivals.

I really want him to do well and come back. We may not be able to keep Ozil and Ramsey for too much longer.