Arsenal

cubeadvance

I have seen him in our pre season and league games now and not seen anything yet that i'm taken by - hope i'm proven wrong but looks a useless lump to me - lumps like say Mario gomez can be pretty useful, lets hope he has some of him about his game

I think it's a good result and gets an awkward fixture out of the way early in the season. Cazorla and Artetta looked great and Giroud impressed me - he was right to shoot at the end there, Ramsey wasn't exactly through on goal. Podolski was chasing everything down and Vito caught the high balls he had to catch - his distribution was a little suspect though.

The negatives: 12 corners each as bad as the other. 2 free kicks in great positions that were both booted into the wall. Gerv. didn't look great and Gibbs crossing was suspect.

I can't see where the goals are coming from. It's not like we've created loads of opportunities and it's been poor finishing. By my count we've made about one decent chance so far. Everything else has been pot shots and rangers. We miss Van Persie's movement more than anything, we look static and pedestrian. Feel free to quote me on it at Christmas, but unless we buy another forward we're in for a season of drudgery.

I dunno, I think it's very difficult to judge after two games against teams playing 9-0-1 formations, if that, and when all our forward players are still learning about each other. A 0-0 at Stoke with no injuries is a decent enough result, I think, it only feels bad because of last week's game.

We've got a few games against actual football teams coming up though, so we'll know where we stand a lot better soon.

It's not like these sort of games are unexpected though. 90%+ of our home matches degenerate into these type of affairs, and most of the away ones too come to think of it. If Giroud doesn't come good - and by come good I mean get 15-20 goals - we're in deep shit. Beyond him we have precisely zero viable options to play up top.

Not a pop at you, but the 'learning about each other' stuff is repeated loads and I reckon it's pump. Other teams seem to manage. If we do end up struggling it's because we totally cocked up pre-season. I can't imagine Wenger was happy about the preparations.

Didn't see the match, but it sounds like the majority of our games against teams who lined up defensively against us over the past 5 years. It always took one moment of magic from Cesc or Van Persie to win those kind of games, sounds like this team is still finding it's feet.

Song disappearing has had the effect that would be hoped for - the players now clearly know when they'll have someone there available rather than having someone specifically stood there to do that job and then disappearing. Vermaelen was only out of position massively a few times (what on earth was he doing when he was scythed down to earn that freekick on the edge of their area?) and the rest of the time things looked fairly tidy at the back. Podolski was tracking back brilliantly.

We're in a much better shape so far this season than we were compared to two games in last season. Goals will come when everyone gets on to the same page as Cazorla - he made what could have been some great chances that players just weren't ready for today.

I think it's another fairly good day at the office, all in all.

Arsenal don't want him. Only ever looked good for United against Carling Cup opposition. He'd do well against some League 1 side, get put in the first team the following Saturday and look abjectly off the pace, and then not figure in the first team again for months. Would be pointless, even in the short-term, for a club with Arsenal's ambitions.

It would scream "last resort." If Michael Owen in his current state is genuinely the best the club could get, well, that wouldn't say much for the club unfortunately. I'm not sure we need a striker though, even though it seems likely that Walcott's going to go another season without being given a chance there. Walcott, Podolski and Giroud as three strikers would be good enough for me, if we signed someone who's actually a winger to replace Walcott there.

Cazorla was a winger pretty often (more often, maybe) at Malaga. If he's out there, Rosicky could (theoretically, if he comes back) be the creative midfielder.

I'd like to see us sign a couple more players. I don't think they need to be world class or first team, just a couple to pad the squad a bit. I'd not bother with Owen, personally, but I can see an argument for him.

The clearout begins (hopefully)

http://www.telegraph...in-1m-deal.html

Arsène Wenger is set to sell Henri Lansbury to Nottingham Forest for £1 million.

He has looked good on the odd occasion for the U21s but struggled to get into West Ham's team last year in the Championship and hasn't really got a chance as we have quite a few ahead of him in the pecking order.

Chamakh, Bendtner and Squllaci next please.