IGNORED

Another Code (nds)

Cyhwuhx

I haven't even started playing this game, but I've already solved my first intriguing puzzle. Read on, careful user...

I entered the game emporium and headed directly to the DS shelves to purchase my copy of Another Code, but the game did not appear to be on display. 'Curses!', I spat, terrifying the small child stood next to me, perusing the Pokemon Dash box.

Puzzled, I attracted the attention of the enigmatic redhead at the till, and asked her about the missing title. She opened a drawer with some kind of magic key device and brought out the game, but alas!, no box.

To complete my arduous task I was directed to search once more through the boxes just in case. Thankfully I was patient enough to repeat this task until the curious vixen found the box and I was able to secure it for £7 and a used copy of Batman Begins.

I do hope the puzzles in the game live up to this high standard.

You're a real mong when it comes to controls at the moment, aren't you?

Like?

I went through the DAS section again because I forgot to save and you cannot skip it at all.

At least you can make the talkie text hurry up within the game but that DAS section is damn annoying.

Like?

I went through the DAS section again because I forgot to save and you cannot skip it at all.

At least you can make the talkie text hurry up within the game but that DAS section is damn annoying.

.::: Ah the actual DAS cards themselves! Indeed, they contain annoyingly slow texts for some reason.

Playing it, and enjoying the atmosphere & the art so far.

I'm stuck though : I can't find the third white book (with the N I suppose). I guess it's in the first room on the left, but how do I get there?. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Playing it, and enjoying the atmosphere & the art so far.

I'm stuck though : I can't find the third white book (with the N I suppose).  I guess it's in the first room on the left, but how do I get there?. Can someone point me in the right direction?

.::: Well...

You'll need the second clover key, and that's all I'll say for now.

.::: Well...

You'll need the second clover key, and that's all I'll say for now.

Hm...

Thanks, I'll see if I find it; must've overlooked something. But what?

/ boots up DS

EDIT :

Found it! Strange though, I thought I checked there already. Well, you never know... Enjoyable little game, though.

COMPLETED IT!

With the good ending (I think - I collected all DAS cards except those on p.4). I really liked this game : great character art, good "summer's day" atmosphere, *very* innovative use of the hardware. On the short side, but oh! so sweet. It won't revolutionize the adventure genre, but there's a lot to love here. Why the hate?

Yeah me too. i'd like to know what happened in Cyhwuhx's ending so we can see if there are indeed multiple endings.

The ending actually reminded me of MGS3, because it was similar in that the end game and actual ending were sort of bled into one another and there were some touches of interactivity such as touching D's hand and blowing out the candles on your cake.

The epilogue managed to create a really satisfying ending.

I really enjoyed this game. Only got frustrated with one puzzle as I didn't realise you could rotate the axis of the pictures you superimpose on one another.

There are definitely at least two endings based on various people's experiences.

One ending sees D remaining on the island in order to uncover more of his memories. This is the bad ending.

The other sees D at peace after uncovering all his memories. The mark on his chest, the last thing he saw is explained. He askes you to touch his hand, then disperses. This is the good ending.

Perhaps

when D asks you if you believe that your father killed your mother or not? I believed him and got the good ending, you?

Do you mean that you believed your father, or believed he killed your mum? If it's the former then that's what I did too.

Hmm, bought this today and just finished it - It's certainly a short game (I'd say four or five hours I guess), which is a pity, but it's all good while it lasts. The story's rather touching, and there's some ingenious puzzle work as well (the stamp puzzle was mentioned, but my favourite was the picture frame one).

Incidentally, it seems I got the "bad" ending, and I also did all the "good" things mentioned in the spoilers above this post but still got it. The only idea I had about this is that:

Everyone did have it that Bill killed Ashley's mum, yeah? I only wonder because when Bill is asking you questions while pointing a gun at your Dad, I didn't get any "wrong", but wasn't hugely sure when choosing them, so I wondered if you answered differently it would still be considered "true" and the story would change appropriately.

From NOM:

NOM: So will you be working on a sequel to Another Code?

Cing: We are hopeful that we can work on a sequel. We could use ashley once again as the starring character. We especially hope that Another Code will be popular in Europe and America because then the possibility of us doing a sequel will be greater.

There we go! The original negative comment has been fully overcome by a huge wave of positivity ;)

Yes, I have to say that the positive comments from yourself and pthers have made me decide to try it myself rather than return it unopened. Drunken comparisons to sexual acts aside, I am looking forward to this.