• 2 months later...

I'm not sad, I should be as I've loved it for many years but it's lacking something, ever since I watched The Wire/Breaking Bad I've become somewhat disjointed even more with House's world, they've hinted at changes many times but have never delivered past the odd episode. It's called House and even though he's broken down, declared insane, almost killed lots of people, made massive unethical and illegal choices - he still remains in the same hospital doing the same job.

They could have steered his life away from the medical side (or atleast Plainsboro) and we could have seen his potential in whatever else he'd do.

• 2 months later...

Anyone still watch this on a regular basis? Had to go digging for the thread.

We're coming to the end, there are only three more episodes to go now. Just watched the latest one and they certainly seem to be leading up to (only click if you're up-to-date)

a particular character dying. The final episode is called "Everybody Dies" too, but of course you never know.

Seeing how the makers decide to end a long-running series is really interesting and always a big talking point: Seinfeld, Friends, Lost, Sopranos, just recently Chuck had a very sweet, fitting ending.

Television, everybody!

Did it ever shift out of the structure used for the first 3 series at least? I got about halfway through 3 n found myself coming up with the entire episode in my head within 5 minutes so stopped - despite having a 5 series boxset. Still, got a good price for it at CEX :)

So there's this week's episode and then the final one next week. Can't help but feel that the whole ending is rushed and last minute. Surely they had a rough idea that this season would be the last. I always think that long running series should have a more grand finale that builds up and up, rather than the "shit, we need to wrap up 8 years of work in 3 episodes. Let's get our magical wand out".

I'm enjoying it still, but I'm getting the feeling that this should have ended a season or two ago as they've done little new since then.

The patient and what he said really struck a cord but the story and ending was too predictable and didn't really seem that well edited...

Would pay to see a mini-series or film about those last five months though.

Super super lame. A series that always threatened to take its characters somewhere new and interesting, but ultimately always went back to its comfort zone. Some spectacular individual episodes along the way, but when taken as a whole it means very little.

Super super lame. A series that always threatened to take its characters somewhere new and interesting, but ultimately always went back to its comfort zone. Some spectacular individual episodes along the way, but when taken as a whole it means very little.

A very nice summery there!

I still think 3 stories is one of the best episodes of House. But it may have set the bar very high, very soon in its existence. Finale was ok. Didn't get me teary which it should have, after 8 yrs.

Just watched the finale there, and I'm disappointed. I thought this season has been good overall, but that one just didn't feel right. Felt far too rushed and didn't develop the storyline enough. I felt that abut the last series finale with the collapsed building, why aren't the finales feature length anymore!?

Oh well, it was a great show, and I will miss it! Now to find something else that me and my fiancée will both like! :(

• 8 years later...

I've been watching a few episodes (not sure what season i'm guessing 2?) as one of my housemates have been watching on amazon prime.

I'm proper hooked! But i'm in the awkward position where i've missed a bunch and i'm sure he has already moved forward through more episodes.

Kinda reminds me a little of Sherlock Holmes mixed with Casualty :lol: