I Have Gig Ear

elmo

I went to see Nine Black Alps last night and they were amazing. Blew everyone else off the stage, however they didn;t really have much compertition. The support bands were awful to say the least.

But thats not the point. The point is it was at the 100 club on Oxford Street. A horrible little venue with no life or feeling about the place. The music was loud. The two support bands had the volume up far to loud. Didn't really notice at the time. But this morning i cant hear anything. It doesnt hurt or anything but all i can hear is a buzzing. I know this is usual for the tube home, but the next morning?!

Argh

post gig ear stories here...

My hearing didn't recover for about three days after seeing the Manics in April, with those screeching bitches, Delays, in support. All I heard was ringing and muffled sounds for the following 24 hours after the concert.

I will never go near the front of any gig again.

I have a huge problem with that. Being so much taller than everyone else in a venue means I get a wonderful view and I wouldn's swap it but my hearing is a bad point. Without all the other peoples heads around to diffuse the sound slightly I'll usually end up with at least 2 days of ringing. I got a bollocking at work once because I completely failed to hear an alarm that was going off pretty loud in the room I was in.

My hearing didn't recover for about three days after seeing the Manics in April, with those screeching bitches, Delays, in support. All I heard was ringing and muffled sounds for the following 24 hours after the concert.

I will never go near the front of any gig again.

I saw the Manics....think it was april...can't remember! They were oh-so-good. Delays? Hmmmmm....nah.

Get some of these.  I wear them clubbing.

I have a pair of those, and they are great. They take off the "white noise" at the higher end of the specrtrum and other than that just lower the volume evenly throughout the range.

They also seem to almost eliminate crowd noise too - I wore them to the Weezer show the other night, and when I removed them at the end, when the PA was already playing a CD of something, I was really shocked to hear the volume of people talking, cos until then I'd just been hearing the music.

Get some of these.  I wear them clubbing.

I got some of them, but they looked so stupid stuck out the sides of my head that I could never wear them in public. Recently, I splashed out £165 for some of those custom fitted ones, which have yet to arrive. I'll be really disappointed if they're ugly too.

Judas PRiest in Manchester in March. Ridiculously high-pitched vocals, plus lots of squealy guitar solos. Ouch. Ears rang for 3 days.

Giving my ears a complete rest from music for at least a week now, following last weekend's Donington Festival (refuse to call it Download). Still a little muffled.

I only really started going to gigs with any regularity again this year and I haven't had any problems so far however we went and saw the Unholy Allegiance tour last October, right at the front and my ears weren't ready for that barrage of noise and my ears buzzed for around 5 days. Was worth it though.

I got the gig ear this morning too, b ut for Reel Big Fish it was worth it. 100 club is awful. I fucking big pole in the middle of the stage. What the hell?!!

The buzzing wore off mid-afternoon and I am off to Milton Keynes tomorrow morning to see Green Day/Jimmy Eat World/Taking Back Sunday and to bottle Simple Plan.

:wub: