Xenon 2 Fans Breathe Easy

Raise

Not really a story of worth, but hey...

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4078008.stm

Former pop star cleared of rape

A former pop star broke down after a jury took three minutes to clear him of raping a woman at his home.

DJ and front man of dance band Bomb the Bass Tim Simenon, 37, was found not guilty of rape and sexual assault at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Thursday.

Mr Simenon of Belsize Park, north London, maintained the pair had had consensual sex in March 2004.

The woman, who admitted taking cocaine while drunk, alleged she woke to find him groping her before being raped.

They had met for the first time a few hours earlier at a bar in Upper Street, Islington, north London.

Mr Simenon, who had hits including Beat Dis, which reached number two in the charts in 1988, has also produced for Bjork and Massive Attack.

DeLorean me please.

Bomb the Bass wrote the music.

EDIT: or was that a beard? I don't understand how they work... :D

is there a faq? I don't have a clue either.

somone might quote what I said and say beard, but why?

it's something that grows when it gets old??

what the hell is a beard anyway? ive wondered for ages, but been too shy to ask, until now, I am very drunk now!

PS Xenon 2 rocked. :D

I'm going to have to second that one, what is a beard?

Now that I think about it, what the fuck is a DeLorean? (not the car, but the context in which the term is used on these boards)

Not sure if I've been bearded here or not...

Back in the days of the Amiga the Bitmap Brothers always had sampled music either on their title screens and/or during the game.

Xenon 2 Megablast had a track (which I think was actually called `Megablast`) on the intro, and a slightly cut down version played during the game.

Rob

Has anyone got the music? I remember playing this on my cousin's amiga and being blown away by the soundtrack. I was still a humble spectrum owner at the time so it was quite incredible to see those graphics with that music! Seem to remember it had some quite outrageous powerups along the way

Has anyone got the music? I remember playing this on my cousin's amiga and being blown away by the soundtrack. I was still a humble spectrum  owner at the time so it was quite incredible to see those graphics with that music! Seem to remember it had some quite outrageous powerups along the way

You should be able to find it here!

ExoticA (http://exotica.fix.no/) is your friend for all Amiga game music downloads.

Rob

Christ, did none of you lot have an ST?

Yes.

And the 'Miggy version won hands down in the music stakes, unfortunately.

And power-ups? Super Nashwan was the daddy, when you got the *lot* for a brief period.

Xenon 2 Megablast had a track (which I think was actually called `Megablast`) on the intro, and a slightly cut down version played during the game.

Rob

'Megablast' is the name of the Bomb the Bass tune, I think the game was named after it.

'Megablast' is the name of the Bomb the Bass tune, I think the game was named after it.

He's right - the original tune was 'Megablast (Hip Hop on Precinct 13)'.

Fact fans: The riff was taken from the soundtrack of Assault on Precinct 13, composed by John Carpenter himself.