IGNORED

Edge 151

citation deducer

it used to come early. like sometimes really early. on the train that morning, as i read it's contents for the first time, i'd feel like the belle of the ball. like how i imagine it must be to play a psp in public now. only crapper.

oh edge, why do you mock me so. must i have these review scores spoilt for me every single month in must-see posts like this? why so slow? why so cold?

How did you pay £3.40 at Smith anyway.

Will pick it up tomorrow. How is hardware/software features for next gen consoles.

I'm not sure to be honest, it's still got the £4 price on the back of the mag. I guess it was just a special offer.

There's plenty of coverage on the games of E3 and a bit on the PS3, plus there's short Q&A's with all 3 Phil Harrison, J Allard & Miyamoto. Next issue is all about the new hardware.

Psychonauts is excellent :unsure:

Boiling Point isn't that bad, Edge - you sushi gobbling, dinner-suited elitist piece of shit...the game is still FUN! and more than the sum of its parts. i smell an Atari conspiracy brewing. *never award an Atari game more than a 3 - FOR EVAH and EVAH!*

.::: Transformers.

I remember when I used to get Edge the Monday or even the Saturday before it came out in the shops. Now the subs department are completely useless at doing their job.

I doubt it'll even come tomorrow, but I'll happily be proven wrong.

.::: Transformers.

there are a couple of goldies :unsure: unfortunately for Deep Shadows, Atari's reputation for releasing poor quality game builds with little to no updates has worked in the game's disfavour. or is it just that Edge hates Bruno Bonnell and his crocodile business?

I haven't read Edge's review, but I dare say that if you read the middle of the three in this review, it'd be close.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=59379

KG

That sounds pretty much spot on actually. I'm dissapointed in myself in that I simply stopped playing it, it wasn't the bugs but the stuttering which could last as much as 10 seconds a time that put me off.

And when that stuttering results in you suddenly being 10 meters away from where you were during the last visible frame, during which you've ran over a member of the faction your working for, ruining your reputation and preventing you from finishing your current mission with then it's an issue.

I remember when I used to get Edge the Monday or even the Saturday before it came out in the shops. Now the subs department are completely useless at doing their job.

I doubt it'll even come tomorrow, but I'll happily be proven wrong.

Nope, sadly you are 100% correct. The post has arrived, and guess what, no Edge :D

One cancellation coming up.

Nice score for Psychonauts, I’m really looking forward to this title (if it ever finds a European publisher). Disappointing score for Destroy All Humans, after the extensive previews in past issues of Edge I expected something special.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but in the Q&A with Phil Harrison, he says that the joypad shown with the PlayStation 3 at E3 was not the final design.

Did he decide that before or after he heard the wave of laughter closing in from across the world, a wall of sound which threatened to wipe LA off the map?

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but in the Q&A with Phil Harrison, he says that the joypad shown with the PlayStation 3 at E3 was not the final design.

*Relief*

I think he meant to say "it's no longer the final design" after they recieved so much negative feedback on it (and quite rightly).

Good news though, that pad could have been the worst since the jaguar.

Boiling Point isn't that bad, Edge - you sushi gobbling, dinner-suited elitist piece of shit...the game is still FUN! and more than the sum of its parts. i smell an Atari conspiracy brewing. *never award an Atari game more than a 3 - FOR EVAH and EVAH!*

I haven't played the game so this is only coming from what I've read about it.

Looking at KG's review he has pointed out the difficulty in scoring this game due to the widely acknowledged bugs with the game, and he in the end gave it an 8 (while also giving it a 3 and a 9) because he enjoyed it.

However everyone seems to be of the opinion that the game was severly rushed and brought to market in a broken state. Surely there is some justification for Edge to go, look if you are expecting someone to buy your game you should at least finish it and not release it broken, otherwise companies will just keep doing it.

While the game maybe FUN! imagine how much more fun it would be without the issues that it appears to have.

EDIT: and just to add more to the subs department bashing. I still haven't received my copy.

The feature on G-REV, Milestone and Triangle Service is good - the rest of the issue seems pretty bland, since all the E3 stuff has already been seen on the internet. A handy digest if you've not been keeping up with it, like me though!

What did they say was wrong with Nintendogs?

I was expecting it to do really well considering the Famitsu score.

7/10 seems a good score for a Japanese game where you get to raise virtual dogs. As long as they keep the box art for the western release, it'll still be added to my collection. But if they replace it with some cartoon drawing... forget it.

There'll probably be a patch, and boiling point will come good in the end...

And I suppose that really causes an issue when it comes to reviewing games that might be patched. Do you score it as it is now or how good it might be after a patch?

I mean in a car magazine if you were rating a new car would you say, well it cuts out every 10 miles and you have to wait 5 mins for the car to cool down, but the manufatures have told us that they will send out a new water cooler in 3 months time so we say it's well worth buying because for those ten miles it's really fun to drive?

How did you pay £3.40 at Smith anyway.

I think it is because you don't get The Indy free, you get £1 off any magazine when you buy the Indy, hence:

Independent = £0.40

Edge = £4.00

Less discount = (£1.00)

Total = £3.40

There you go, nice bit of basic maths for the morning.