I'm An Operator With My Pocker Calculator

Rygal - Reader of Threads

Oh yes!

Have just taken delivery of this - didn't know it was being released until I happened to see it in NME last week. Saw them at Brixton Academy last year and they were absolutely awesome.

You'd never think that four middle-aged German guys who stand still behind keyboards could put on such a fantastic show.

It's wishful thinking but I'd pay for a DVD of the backing videos they used on tour...

...and a robot.

I'm playing Pocket Calculator right now :) Hmm.. might have to go to the shops today then, I went to the Brixton show and enjoyed every second. Sod Coldplay, I need some German melodies :( Although Coldplay's Talk is good, with it little Computer Love samples.

Funny, Pocket Calculator is my favourite Kraftwerk track. Might have to get this then...

Do it :(

Just imagine the Techno/Electronica/Dance scene today (especially Detroit, who where massively influenced by Kraftwerk's music), without 4 electronic pioneers from Germany :)

Do it -_- Just imagine the Techno (especially Detroit, who where massively influenced by Kraftwerk's music)/Electronica/Dance scene today, without 4 electronic pioneers from Germany :ph34r:

I know, I know!

I'm going to be naughty and spend money up t' record shop in a bit then.

While I'm here, can anyone recommend me some stripped-down electronic like Kraftwerk which is highly melodic? I'm looking at Mr Do here ;)

Hmm... I don't listen to much stripped-down electronic music, maybe some of this lot. Not really sure some of this is highly melodic though...

Aux 88 - Direct Drive

Aux 88 - Technology

Data 80 - Baby I Can Forgive (awesome track)

LFO - LFO (Your'll recognize this track instantly, unless you know it of course :blink: )

LFO - Frequencies (album)

..perhaps someone else can help Paradigm.

Damn right. They don't get nearly enough love round here, yet every single electronic outfit that exists today owe them a huge debt.

Oh, and Rygal, it's "I'm the operator with my pocket calculator"...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
The 5.1 mix is incredible.  The visuals are, well, full of humour, as one would expect from Kraftwerk.  Their 'Celebrity Squares' on Pocket Calculator is hilarious.

It's a truly great DVD. When I put it on and Man Machine started, I thought, Hmm, this is going to be a bit shit.... but it just kept getting better and better. I unconditionally loved the TEE film, and those wire-frame graphics in Music Non Stop were just :lol: