IGNORED

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares

linkster

Ramsay: The Movie would be excellent.

He could be the chef in some research lab in the middle of the jungle - some guerilla group attempts to siege the building & only one man can stop them.

Knives flying about everywhere, scallops on a timer set to crack open and explode, swordfish bayonets, the works.

Fuck it, I'm pitching this to Paul Anderson.

I'd bet Glasgow gives it a run for its (laundered) money.

Was also going to suggest Glasgow (or West Central Scotland) as undisputed Tanning Salon capital of the world.

In your average small block of shops you can bet there is at least one, and I have seen longer streets with 2 and 3)

Nah, haven't ever been. Really? Oh dear! She looked a bit silly.

You should do. City of Culture 2008! Remember that when you see the big banner plastered across the closed ABC cinema as you depart from Liverpool Lime Street. :)

Really enjoyed it, although I wasn't surprised by the scouse chef's "couldn't-give-a-shit" attitude. Of all the scousers I've met on my travels, they all were like that. Glad he proved me wrong by coming good near the end. Laura was very, very funny too. Reminded me of Jodie Marsh though that was probably down to the copious amounts of eye makeup.

Ramsay: The Movie would be excellent.

He could be the chef in some research lab in the middle of the jungle - some guerilla group attempts to siege the building & only one man can stop them.

Knives flying about everywhere, scallops on a timer set to crack open and explode, swordfish bayonets, the works.

Fuck it, I'm pitching this to Paul Anderson.

That's just Under Siege 3 though.

If you wanted to do a Ramsay movie, you'd have to do it like Crocodile Hunter, with him trying to run a calamatous kitchen in 4:3, oblivious to the terrorist force that threatens his restaurant in 16:9 and it all coming together at the end.

Instead of "CRIKEY!" as the tagline, it would have to be "FUCK ME!" instead.

• 9 months later...

It seems the US version of this show is starting tomorrow. I was a latecomer to the English version after having an aversion to Ramsay due to his Room 101 appearance but he impressed me in this show. And some of the people he helped we great.

I can only hope the US one is good but it'll be interesting to see how they respond to his rather hands on approach.

Hopefully it'll be available on the BBC or the interweb soon enough.

I've just watched some of this, and it just confirms how awful American 'reality' TV is. It's so staged and fake. I mean, it actually looks like it was filmed on a stage. Everyone's just playing up to the camera, even Ramsey is more than usual. It's like a fucking soap opera, or WWE or something. And what's with that terrible voice over?

Hell's Kitchen US was bad enough, but at least that was supposed to look fake and I enjoyed him shouting at the yanks all the time. I like the guy, but I'm not sure I could sit through a whole episode of this drivel.

Bring back the UK version :(

I've just watched some of this, and it just confirms how awful American 'reality' TV is. It's so staged and fake. I mean, it actually looks like it was filmed on a stage. Everyone's just playing up to the camera, even Ramsey is more than usual. It's like a fucking soap opera, or WWE or something. And what's with that terrible voice over?

Hell's Kitchen US was bad enough, but at least that was supposed to look fake and I enjoyed him shouting at the yanks all the time. I like the guy, but I'm not sure I could sit through a whole episode of this drivel.

Bring back the UK version :D

this!

what an unbelievably over produced and over edited piece of shit programme.

where are you all gtting this from? can't see it anywhere....

http://www.youtube.com/user/theresajames1982

It was pretty much as if it had moved from Channel 4 to Sky One (which in a way it has). I appreciate it must have a bigger budget but there were just too many cameras in conveinient places. For example at the start when he is late he has a camera on his wing mirror. With the original it is single camera with Gordon progressing the tale. In this there is constant voice over and pieces to camera of their thoughts, rather than get them to give them at the time they "really happened".

Did the show really buy them the whole new kitchen? Kind of takes away the part of the show where Grodon tried to save them by showing them how to work properly. Just give them cash instead. The bit with the debt collector was just silly.

• 1 month later...

Well that was most enjoyable. The thing is, of all the shows I've seen it was the one were Ramsey's decisions felt the most right. Every change he was making I was thinking "Yes, do that!". The change of decor, the simple food, all stuff that just had to be done. And the name change was just perfect.

Ordinarily I think Ramsey's overdoing the agression, but here I think he really did work wonders. Great stuff.

I'd never heard of pollock before. Must try some.

Those open mussels and pre-cooked lobsters were scary!

I didn't know that about mussels. :(

This would be one of the most objectionable TV shows ever if he wasn't completely right all the time. I'm sure it's all hideously obvious manipulation on behalf of the programme makers, but I love it.

I do wonder sometimes if it is all "real", especially after Ramsay admitted that a bit on the F Word was faked.

The missus and I really enjoyed this last night and the Sky+ box didn't fuck up once. £8.50 for fish & chips though?! I guess that's restaurant prices for a basic British meal, and it did look good.

Thankfully, Alan finally accepted Gord's advice for removing his crunchy knickers*, plus the decor and name change was simple and right. My only worry for the guy is that he mentioned this was the start of his Empire or something like that - a case of running before he could walk or just being ambitious?

*If you missed this, you'll wander what the hell I'm on about!