rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
linkster

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares

The first series the only time I've found myself watching a reality show and getting totally hooked. OK so he plays up to the camera & takes his shirt off with annoying frequency but it's genuinely interesting seeing how he evaluates where a restaurant is & what it should be serving in order to be successful. There was some brilliant telly in the first series, here's hoping (if slightly dubious) for more of the same.

I enjoyed the first series of this too, the only thing that grates me is i feel Ramsey plays to the cameras a little too much.

His swearing is cringeworthy, it sounds forced, nearly as bad as gary rhodes on that hells kitchen.

But its the fact 80% of the programme will be Ramsey telling the head chefs what cunts they are or that theyre a fucking fuckfuck with no bollocks or that no one will respect them untill they act a complete agressive fucker, which i dont believe to be true.

Just hope theres a lot more empthasis on menu changes, pricing etc rather than Ramsey attempting to turn every chef into a foul mouthed arrogant cock like himself.

I enjoyed the first series of this too, the only thing that grates me is i feel Ramsey plays to the cameras a little too much.

His swearing is cringeworthy, it sounds forced, nearly as bad as gary rhodes on that hells kitchen.

But its the fact 80% of the programme will be Ramsey telling the head chefs what cunts they are or that theyre a fucking fuckfuck with no bollocks or that no one will respect them untill they act a complete agressive fucker, which i dont believe to be true.

Just hope theres a lot more empthasis on menu changes, pricing etc rather than Ramsey attempting to turn every chef into a foul mouthed arrogant cock like himself.

This is the only reality based show I've ever seen that I enjoyed, but I don't agree with your point about Ramsey trying to make everyone aggressive.

When you watch him he has two main things that annoy the life out of him arrogant plebs who can't cook, and good chefs who can't control the kitchen. This is always going to be the case as he is going out to sort the problems in these restaurants and the main problem will be the head chef. Either he isn't good enough at his craft, or has no control in the kitchen.

The best one from the last series in my opinion was one where the "chef" didn't have the slightest clue who to cook even the simplist meals. I think he had just watched some TV chefs and decided he could do that and get rich and famous quickly, all without learning his trade first. <_<

This is the only reality based show I've ever seen that I enjoyed, but I don't agree with your point about Ramsey trying to make everyone aggressive.

When you watch him he has two main things that annoy the life out of him arrogant plebs who can't cook, and good chefs who can't control the kitchen. This is always going to be the case as he is going out to sort the problems in these restaurants and the main problem will be the head chef. Either he isn't good enough at his craft, or has no control in the kitchen.

The best one from the last series in my opinion was one where the "chef" didn't have the slightest clue who to cook even the simplist meals. I think he had just watched some TV chefs and decided he could do that and get rich and famous quickly, all without learning his trade first.  <_<

That sounds like a few of them, the very first of the last season was amazing, especially with the owner bitching at the end, and that girl who he was really keen on saying he'd give her a job in one of his kitchens but she quit and went to run a book shop.

There was one guy, I think it was in the place they painted maroon where they got the owners to serve the chicken on Mothers Day, who was just such a twat, he'd bought all those deep fat friers and microwaves. Clearly a complete creep cos Ramsay obviously hated him but the guy didn't rise to the bait.

Tis a top show.

Its on the programme tonight, so it cant be bollocks.

I think vegetarians are a bit unatural but thats a bastards trick, what a tosser. I do enjoy Ramseys kitchen nightmaresdont get me wrong, i just wish it was somebody else.

'Ainsleys kitchen nightmares' anyone?......

It's on TV so it must be true?  <_<

I thought you were suggesting the stories bollocks?

If youre suggesting its staged, i.e. there wasnt actually meat in it, or the 'vegetarian' was an actor, then yeah you could have a point.

Doubt it though.

Didn't he do something similar a while back? Saying a soup was vegetarian and then revealing that it was chicken rather than vegetable stock after they'd eaten it. Im sure I read that somewhere. I doubt it was staged but I suppose he could have just said there was meat in it. Even if that were so it's a fucking harsh thing to do and not funny in the slightest. Imagine the uproar there would be if he had pulled that on a Muslim.

Watching this at the moment, and the kitchen is unbelievable. sauces out of packets and bought-in desserts. And the charge £30 for a main course. I've often thought even the pricy restaurants probably do this sort of thing, but how can he go on television and admit to it? nooone who sees this program is ever going to want to go there again.. and all the locals who make up his business are surely going to watch it if they know it features a restaurant in their town? unbelievable.

It all depends on whether he manages to turn it around I suppose. I do recall from the last series that at least a couple of the places he whipped into shape had slid right back when he revisited them out of the blue later on.

the vegetarian didn't look too light hearted while he was walking out though.

If he cared, he'd have gone a bit crazy.

Instead, he learnt a valuable lesson... That humans are meat eaters

The Pot Noodle bit had me laughing! It looked quite tasty actually...

Through a stroke of luck, it looks like I'm finally having dinner at his restaurant in Claridge's this week. Better still, someone else might pay for me. I love Gordon Ramsey, almost as much as Jonathan Woss.

"Well, we've talked the talk. Now we'll eat the fucking food." :)

Hey, kudos to the Chef...

Seemed like he was waaaay out of his depth at the start, but he seems to have done alright with himself in the end :)

To be fair, that vegetarian scene was light-hearted...

NOTHING like what was reported in some of todays press

He still ate meat without realising and then had them all laugh at him with a camera in his face. Just because he didn't kick off doesn't mean he wasn't really pissed off. If it happened to me I'd be sickened and fucked off but I'd probably just walk out too.

I enjoyed it, but I always think with this series, or the one before it anyway, that basically it's pretty easy work for Ramsay. He goes in, swears a lot (he is such a performer), and then recommends some improvements - and let's face it, it's not difficult to improve the restaurants he visits. Anyone can go in to a filthy restaurant and get all worked up about the hygiene standards.

I do really really like the way Ramsay is always preaching simple, well made food though.

That chef tonight was a proper spanner. £46k on a car 2 weeks after you start? That personalised plate? Employing your (useless) mates? Div.

That said, he claimed to have paid off £20k of debt in 6 weeks! Holy fuck.