IGNORED

Killer 7

Yod@

Thers a very negative review at Wired.com It worringly talks about simple puzzles and poor combat. Here's a quote...

Although the first-person shooting segments are the most important part of the gameplay, they're only barely entertaining. Since you can't move around while you shoot, battles simply consist of finding the enemy's weak point (almost always shown by bright yellow dots) and blasting away.

Using the right personality is crucial to solving many of the game's puzzles. But they're not difficult at all; you'll mostly find yourself deciphering easy passwords or less-than-cryptic hints from a few sympathetic characters that populate each level. And in the very unlikely event that you are stumped, the in-game map actually shows you where all the puzzles are and which characters or items are required to solve them.

Thers a very negative review at Wired.com It worringly talks about simple puzzles and poor combat. Here's a quote...

The not moving while shooting is PN03 all over again. The puzzles are more resident evil than monkey island, they are simple but they are only there to break up the combat a bit. If you play on easy the map even shows you how to solve most of them.

.::: Rather surprising review, especially since it's from Chris Kohler. It's easy to miss the point of killer7 and I deem him as one of persons who could see past that. Hmm, well each to his own, I guess.

I'm just really happy with the game (and the subsequent review I've written), it just takes a bit longer to get into it, which really is its biggest flaw.

I have played it for 20 minutes (I am a bit tired at the moment)

The game is very unusual for me, as it got strange user interface and control but nice graphics. I don't think it is a game to play for short burst.

It got text support but there still cut scene problem ie telephone communication. The audio sound weird to me via my TV. Not sure if it is intended though or loose connection or whatever.

I will give it a go on Sunday when I got plenty of time to play it.

Has anyone got the US Version yet? Got mine this morning, have to say I'm enjoying it much more now that I know whats going on. However is it me, or does Iwazaru sound a bit more roboticy than he did in the Jap version?

My main gripe with it so far is the fact that the weak spots keep disapeering and glitching and it seems to be very hit and miss weither you get them or not which is very annoying. The Jap version seemed a lot easier to because when retargeting an enemy it usually used to target the weak spot and now it doesn't making it a hell of a lot harder to hit the weak spot.

Other than that, it's fab :(

Has anyone got the US Version yet? Got mine this morning, have to say I'm enjoying it much more now that I know whats going on. However is it me, or does Iwazaru sound a bit more roboticy than he did in the Jap version?

My main gripe with it so far is the fact that the weak spots keep disapeering and glitching and it seems to be very hit and miss weither you get them or not which is very annoying. The Jap version seemed a lot easier to because when retargeting an enemy it usually used to target the weak spot and now it doesn't making it a hell of a lot harder to hit the weak spot.

Other than that, it's fab :ph34r:

Yeah my GC copy came today, I'm only up to the second mission but have noticed the same glitching of the weak spots and the hit and miss nature of them. I'd previously played through the first mission of the Jap PS2 version and comparing the two the GC version has faster loading, no slowdown(yet!) and the sound mix is definitely better offering a much smoother experience. I'm currently playing it through on the harder difficulty level as normal hand holds you a bit too much, but I'm enjoying it a lot. One question though - Has the Automatic Lock On been completely removed from the US version or is it unlocked by the characters later on? Without it definitely makes encounters harder, but in certain situations the Auto Lock On would really come in handy.

Decided to wait for the PAL version in the end, hopefully should have it tomorrow from Gameplay.  Really looking forward to it. :lol:

Same here. Gameplay says it's on the way. :lol:

Quite psyched for this one after seeing the IGN video review.

So this got 3/5 on gamer.tv today. Looks interesting enough and well I am nearly finished Resi 4 so I might pick this up friday. The whole map telling you everything does seem a bit annoying and the controls were said to take a while to get used to but feck it , if I can get along with Galleons low gravity bits this should be a piece of piss to control.

The PS2 (PAL) version doesn't have horrible load times, but when there are a number of loads in quick succession, it gets a little annoying. What's worse is aiming with the dual shock analogue stick. I can't comment on how the Cube version compares, but aiming in the PS2 version seems very hard. I'm hoping that I'll get used to it.

PS2 version also suffers a fair bit of slowdown, but it does have a NTSC 60 Hz mode.

Mine dropped onto the mat this morning so I'll post impressions when I get home. Which is late.... I have a job coming in at 6:00pm which needs completing. Then I am off to see the mother-in-law. Then I have to go to bed early to get up at 5:00am to go to work.

Killer 7 will probably not get released from it's factory seal until at least Sunday morning...

:)

I'm completely in two minds over this one. On the one hand I love supporting (and for the most part playing) these quirky games which try to do things different, but I've been burnt on that front more than once...yes Freak Out, eyes are on you!

The IGN video review helped make things a lot clearer, and my biggest fear (that it would be too easy to get lost, and you'd spend more time wandering around or stuck on ridiculously obscure puzzles have been firmly put to the rest).

If it was a budget title I'd snap it up, but I may wait for more opinions before dropping the full amount on it.

I'm completely in two minds over this one. On the one hand I love supporting (and for the most part playing) these quirky games which try to do things different, but I've been burnt on that front more than once...yes Freak Out, eyes are on you!

The IGN video review helped make things a lot clearer, and my biggest fear (that it would be too easy to get lost, and you'd spend more time wandering around or stuck on ridiculously obscure puzzles have been firmly put to the rest).

If it was a budget title I'd snap it up, but I may wait for more opinions before dropping the full amount on it.

See here for how to get the GC version for £23... How budget do you want it?!

Right I've managed to sit down and put some time into it.

I must be crap or something because I can't even get past the car park :rolleyes:

Initial impressions:

Odd kinda game - very stylised and liking it a lot. However somewhat linear at present. I wanted to explore the area where you get your first kill but you can only look around to the lounge on the left in the distance (you'll see what I mean when you play it - if not done so already).

Gimp is so bloody annoying I've given up with him. His opening lines are the same and boring! He's no Tingle that's for sure :)

Dead man in lift - I'm sure the story will reveal more if I can get past the car park! (just don't know what to do here but keep on shooting at the buggers).

Aiming controls and such are nice and fluent - easy to grasp. Yep you have to hit the enemy where the yellow coloured weak point is but some lack a weak point and even if you hit the area, they don't always die/ evaporate. Worse thing is when they lunge you - scared the shit of me first time.

I've got the sound up and the evil cackles must have the neighbours worried!

So overall, not bad from Capcom - I'm sure with progress into the game it'll become clearer and I'll enjoy it a lot more :blink: