IGNORED

Killer 7

Yod@

So does anyone have any ideas about....

....who killed Samantha? Was she even 'real'?  Or was she something Emir created to look after what he imagined an old, decrepit Harman would have looking after him in his dotage?

Yeah, I agree with that. I think...

maybe Emir "killed" Samantha in his head as he gradually got his killing mojo back, as he didn't like the way she was treating Harman. All in his mind, natch. Although I suspect that it's overall something to do with his mother abusing him as a child, which I think Iwazaru refers to at some point

I like the way you guys think! As for Johnny Gagnon....

.... I have no idea. However, all the carrier pidgeons have names. Girl's names. Could that be related to all the heads dotted about somehow? Maybe Emir got some practice in before he took out the Killer 7?

I've ordered the soundtrack for this.

Glad I'm not the only one :ph34r: Mine arrived this morning, listening to it now. The soundtrack really is special.

I've finished Killer 7 on normal, deadly and about to finish Killer 8. I must say, Killer 8 is the nuts. Some minor spoilers about enemy types and Killer 8 mode below.

You die from one hit and you can't see weak points at all on the normal enemies, so it adds this almost russian roulette element to the combat. Its so tense trying to guess where a weak point might be while a Heaven Smile is closing down on you. So satisfying when ones about to get you and bang! A shot to the right arm disintegrates it.

You also need a good levelling up strategy. I've found its good to get Con up to level 4 in all categories so he gets critical lock on to deal with normal smiles. Dans head lock on is essential to take down the smiles that shoot lasers out thier face (such bastards when one hit kills you!) Harman's generally a good "crutch" character at the start of the game before you've levelled up the other personas, but his lack of critical locks/counters/down attacks hurts him later on. He can take more than one hit though.

Counters/down attacks and specials are vital to survival in this mode. You really have to use each characters abilities to the max to survive. Only having five vials adds quite a bit of strategy. For example, when fighting the big enemy generators you'll never have enough vials to take it down in one go (unlike on normal and deadly), so you have to try and get combos for blood while fighting it. For me, this involves switching to Con for his critical lock on the normal enemies, then when I get enough blood in the vials, over to Dan to charge shot one of the generators weak points. After that, I'll put a few bullets into the oncoming enemies to make use of Dans enemy slow ability, then back to Con for some "Fuck You!" critical kills. Rinse and repeat, preferably while grinning like a loon :o Never had to do stuff like this in the normal game.

Certain enemy types also make more sense in this mode. Poison smiles become very threatening when you cant see thier sweet spot. I'd never even seen thier ressurection animation on normal and deadly! Was always too easy just to tag a critical spot. Broken Smiles (flying jet type ones) are terrifying as they'll kill you in one hit. I've taken to switching to Kevin and using invisibility to let them fly straight through me. Rolling smiles are a huge pain in the ass, and barring a lucky shot always require a counter. Of course rolling smilies are one of the hardest enemies to time counters on, which makes it do or die stuff. Very tense.

Something else I found out, you dont have to spin the backside smiles (the floating ones with blades on thier arms) round to get a critical kill, just use Masks two vial charge shot to thier front and a rather satisfying instant blood kill is yours. Excellent for emergencies and building up minimum fuss combo's in the amusement park. If you already have a high combo count, this special powers itself as you take in as much blood as you use with it.

Extra strategy is also added to the Garcian body recovery part of the game. Garcian is so underpowered weapon wise compared to his personalities you really are up against it. You can no longer rely on one puny hit to a visible weak point. If you have a tricky run from the harmanns room you last visited, its sometimes best to use your other personalities to get to a tv in a better positioned room, then spawn Garcian from there. On Killer 8, you'll start to understand why there are so many Harman's Rooms about.

Obviously if you're one of the people that found the normal game frustrating, Killer 8 isn't for you. If not, I'd reccommend it as its so different to the normal game, and is where the real meat of the actual gameplay is imo. In this mode, every shot counts and every second you spend hesitating or reloading could mean instant death. I love it :)

Where did you order from? I really enjoyed the music in the game and have been meaning to begin ordering stuff online. Would Play Asia be reliable?

Got mine from Play Asia and yes, I would recommend them. Never had any problems at all.

Mertoid: Beautiful post there. You got me all hyped up for Killer 8 now. I'm on normal at the mo, so the jump is gonna be a biggy.

This will be my first ever game soundtrack. Some of the music is beautiful.

Sorry guys - I'm not too sure how to use Spoiler Tags! [/noob]

***END OF GAME STORY SPOILERS***

The Heaven Smiles then. What the hell are they? Do they really exist? The story you're fed at the beginning of the game makes them out to be the main bad guys, but their importance just fizzles out by the end. And what's with Iwazaru[/color=yellow] being the last Heaven Smile and Kun Lan?

***END OF SPOILERS***

Right sorry if this has been covered, don't paticuarly want to read the thread before I finish the game, but what's the gag with beating that Sushi Chef with Mask de Smith in Chapter 3? I just get shot to bits before I can even reload the two launchers.

Been playing this a bit more lately, after having read all of the explanation bits from that red and blue mentor thingy.

It's got better, and I'm getting used to the controls more, although I'm finding it annoyingly difficult to hit the enemies' weak spots all the time, quite possibly due to the shoddy PS2 analogue stick.

Been playing this a bit more lately, after having read all of the explanation bits from that red and blue mentor thingy.

It's got better, and I'm getting used to the controls more, although I'm finding it annoyingly difficult to hit the enemies' weak spots all the time, quite possibly due to the shoddy PS2 analogue stick.

I found it annoying too, until I relaised you could upgrade the 'Instant Kills/Critical Shots' stat for each character from Harmans room. They you'll find yourself hitting them far more often.

Right sorry if this has been covered, don't paticuarly want to read the thread before I finish the game, but what's the gag with beating that Sushi Chef with Mask de Smith in Chapter 3?  I just get shot to bits before I can even reload the two launchers.

Change characters to someone with a faster fire rate.

I died first go aswell.