IGNORED

Killer 7

Yod@

How tough is this game? I ended up hating Viewtiful Joe because of it's difficulty, and having just been VERY dissapointed by Resident Evil 4, I am worried that Capcom's games are just not for me anymore.

I was REALLY looking forward to this, but hearing about the difficulty, I may have to give it a miss. Any comments on the difficulty?

It's nowhere near as difficult as Viewtifull Joe. Thing is if you were dissapointed by Resident Evil 4, I don't see much hope in you liking this.

EDIT - Difficulty has been mentioned as 'Normal' hand holds you completely through the experience, to get the most out of the game it's best to start off straight away on 'Deadly'. Deadly sounds harsh but it's not as challenging as you'd think it is.

I`m half way through the last lvl now and have mixed feelings about this game. I love the style of the graphics, the music/sound effects and the wacky characters, but to me the gameplay feels clunky in alot of places.

Enemies constantly appearing out of no where and hitting you. finding your self having to run all the way with garcia to revive, then run all the way back their again when you respawned. Killing starts to become a bore after 3 or so stages, along with the constant respawning of enemies which becomes annoying later on when you just want to get on with things. Load times start to grate aswell, having to see a blue screen for 5 seconds everytime you step in and out of a door.

Then there the story which i have no clue really of whats going on even though i`m on the last lvl now. Is the story supposed to make any sense at all? On a plus note there has been some great boss battles and the cut scenes are nice aswell.

But i`ll let Iwazaru sum it up for me. Master: I`m confused. So very confused. In the name of harman why doesn`t this game make any sense.

I take back what I said ;)

There's a simplicity to the combat I REALLY like and the fact the game seems to have this totally broken way of communicating with the playing, its own way of revealling many plot elements and then leaving the player wondering, compelled to understand its bizarreness got my playing it.

I explained the much better to the missus yesterday but can't think how to put it better now. It is Sunday, after all :)

I'm not sure I get the arthouse bollocks though but the combat pleases me, oh yes. In the same way Rez does, I guess. I'm not a fan of the arty bollocks here either, just the pure entertainment like.

It's good :rolleyes:

I might even sell it.

Now why would you do that? Because you won't play it again? You never know, you might. I certainly know I will. I don't watch every film I buy day-to-day and some are watched only once. But would I sell? No, and would you sell you dvds and music cd's because you "won't watch/listen to them again"? I've always found it strange that people will buy and sell games as though all they are throw-away fun not worth keeping. Its not the money that the incentive, as the trade-in price is pretty low nowadays. Aren't games worth keeping? Unlike films, games are arguably more replayable but you don't find people trading in a film for another, do you? Why are games seen as disposable fun?

Maybe a multiplayer mode would be enough incentive to hold onto a game just in case friends come over and feel in the mood for gaming? I'm never going to watch every film I've bought, nor am I never going to listen to every cd I've every bought. Why are games different?

(geniune question)

Ive just started it, got to the candel puzzel and couldnt work out how to the light the candels so carried on and got to the toilets where i couldnt work out how to turn the water on.

the voices are really grating, id rather listen to them than have to quickly read a bit of text that the voices dont match up to. For example some long sentances have short voice clips and vicer versa. I wana know more about the story as so far it seems interesting but the multiple paths and things being thrown at you bug me. For example the enemies, and especially characters are just introduced by their names with out you knowing who the hell they are or what they are doing etc. I will carry on but at the moment it doesnt seem to be worth my time.

Now why would you do that? Because you won't play it again? You never know, you might. I certainly know I will. I don't watch every film I buy day-to-day and some are watched only once. But would I sell? No, and would you sell you dvds and music cd's because you "won't watch/listen to them again"? I've always found it strange that people will buy and sell games as though all they are throw-away fun not worth keeping. Its not the money that the incentive, as the trade-in price is pretty low nowadays. Aren't games worth keeping? Unlike films, games are arguably more replayable but you don't find people trading in a film for another, do you? Why are games seen as disposable fun?

Maybe a multiplayer mode would be enough incentive to hold onto a game just in case friends come over and feel in the mood for gaming? I'm never going to watch every film I've bought, nor am I never going to listen to every cd I've every bought. Why are games different?

(geniune question)

Well i think this kinda highlights that instant appeal thing really.

If a game can't grip you from the start then this problem manifests itself and more so nowadays...

The fact theres the trading folder on here, plus trade-in at shops gives incentive for ppl to sell, even though they may regret it later.

If you can buy a game which you think you'd enjoy more, and cheaper (because of a trade in price) - then why not?

And i'd sell my stuff that i've heard apart form a few chosen classics.

Who wants a collection of games they don't enjoy?

Its just junk.

Thats assuming your question is aimed at gaming in general, and not this specific title.

Edit: That ending, however, is easily one of the best in videogaming history.

It's the best I've ever seen, and even though the storyline is often confusing and muddled, it's probably the most developed storyline in a game that I've played. Just the way you are given little nuggets of information throughout the whole story and are slowly revealed (or disproved) over time. Ultimately, it was what drove me to keep playing the game throughout.

I was quite shocked in the end when the US nuked Japan. Presumably it was because I killed that Japanese guy at the end? Actually, a lot of the political thread in the game was lost on me, but I concluded in the end that... well, it wasn't really that important compared to the explanation of the origins of Killer 7 and the identity of Garcian/Emir. Someone should write an article about Killer 7, kinda like the Mulholland Drive article that was on salon.com

finding your self having to run all the way with garcia to revive

yaneow.jpg

"Dont make me say it again, I'm a cleaner!"

Sorry, couldn't resist :P

Just finished it:

The final twist with Garcian (or Emir) was absolutely fantastic. But who was in the safe then? Garcian's body? He was the seventh member of the Smith syndicate hidden in the safe? If so what does Emir look like? Do we ever see Emir? I'm a little confused but I got a basic grasp of it and it was a fantastic finale.

Garcian is Emir. The body in the safe is Harmann's according to the Q+A with a developer that Broken Klassic posted. Depending on whether or not you kill the Japanese guy at the end, Japan retaliates or the USA attacks Japan. The bit where Harmann and Kun Lan meet in the future is set in Shanghai either way. Agreed it was a fantastic ending, powerful stuff.

With regards to Broken Klassics's question, I used to think like that about selling games, but recently I've purged my collection of games I didn't like very much. I'd rather spend what time I get for gaming replaying games I do like, or trying out new ones.

It's true that you dont get much individually for a trade in, but if you have lots it all adds up. Been quite surprised at the amount of credit I've got from Gamestation recently for trading in stacks of games worth 5 to 15 quid on trade in.

It's the best I've ever seen

Seconded - I've just watched it. So many games fail to make the journey worth it at the end, but that finale made all the backtracking, the moments of frustration, the repetition - every single bit of it - worthwhile. Utterly amazing. The bit with the cassettes in the last chapter was tremendously exciting too, as you found out a little more each time. Brilliant how it all came together.

Just got this, and I have to say I am really enjoying it, though I can't tell if that's because of the gameplay or just the bizarre assault on the senses that the game provides. It really is a little bit different, eh?

A little OT, but it kind of reminds me of an old Dreamcast game I used to enjoy called Maken X - does anyone remember this? It too was set in a very Japanese America, had bizarre bosses with tiny weak spots, a ridiculous B-movie some-government-wants-to-take-over-the-world plot and more gimps in S&M get ups than you could shake a long whip at. I think it's the only game that comes close to being like Killer7, if only in style and presentation.

And I love the way that each level in Killer7 ends with you entering some random club! :lol: WTF!? The music as you descend the stairs after the paying the 'cover charge' is class! And you gotta love Kaede's quips - 'Shit! Fuck it!'

Quick question, I chose the Deadly difficulty mode because I read here that the normal mode shows you exactly what characters to use where: i.e. no brain thought. Is the combat a lot harder in hard because I'm a bit afraid that later on the game might get frustratingly difficult (I'm still on the first level and am finding it ok). Any thoughts?

Initial impressions are interesting visual style, haven't got a clue what's going on, have grasped basic gameplay elements and am figuring out how to progress. Wouldn't say I'm enjoying it yet but I'll give it a chance.

Cheers

just got to the second stage "Sunset" now... and really enjoying this.

Once you get your head around the interface, it feels really intuitive. Why am I forced to make someone walk in straight lines in 3rd person action games, when all I want to do is make him walk down a corridor... the only time I really should need to interact is to have him change general direction.

I don't think about walking in real life... why should I bother about it in a game.

When you come up to a junction, it's a simple tap of the joystick in either direction.

Loving it so far...

more like this please!

Help me, good fucking sirs!

I've just reached Ulmeyda City, and immediately after leaving the fiirst Harman's Room, I'm assaulted by three smiles at the same time, including two annoying jogging ones. By the time I've finished with them, they've all respawned anyway! Is there any sure-fire way to get past this bit without dying/losing too much health. If you try and leg it, they catch up with you and detonate.

And I was loving this game too...

:(

Won this a competition which was good, as I wanted to play it.

Have only given it a brief play, but I really like the graphical style, and the general weird presentation.

It's nice how it's 'different' and quite unlike other games in terms of its interface, but I'm struggling to get to grips with it. Probably because I've hardly played it (!) but the control's are putting me off, and the viewpoint is annoying.

I'll persevere.

Ice, the first level is just a big confusing mess really. Speak to Izamaruso or whatever the fook his name is, when he's in Harman's room. He has lots of tutorials and hints on how the game works. Don't expect to understand any of the plot until after the first level, and by then you will have picked up the basics of combat and puzzle solving.

The first level takes about 2 hours to get through, at the end of it a set of events and a big cutscene explain a lot and it gets a lot cooler.

I'm on level 4 now and enjoying it. The gameplay is very archaic but the plot, characters and style are pretty smart. I want to play on to see what's coming next. The radically different visual styles of each level are also cool. The gunplay is becoming more interesting as well now that there are a lot of different enemy types. On the bad side, I am playing on Deadly mode and normal enemies are starting to hurt my personas pretty bad. Damn smiles!

I love the bad guy characters in this game as well, they are cool, and the script is funky too.

Help me, good fucking sirs!

I've just reached Ulmeyda City, and immediately after leaving the fiirst Harman's Room, I'm assaulted by three smiles at the same time, including two annoying jogging ones. By the time I've finished with them, they've all respawned anyway! Is there any sure-fire way to get past this bit without dying/losing too much health. If you try and leg it, they catch up with you and detonate.

And I was loving this game too...

:(

The jogging ones with the yellow shirts on? You can ignore them and they will just jog past you. Only if you are in their way(your path naturally takes you into contact with their paths) will they bother with you, or if you shoot them. Some enemy placement is not as good as it ought to be in the game but those yellow joggers are actually pretty usefull in that level providing health on tap.

While I'm here actually I've a quick question, what is the best way of dispatching 'Rolling Smiles'? They roll damn quick and as their weakpoint is on the elbow it's a tricky spot to hit. Is their a character more suited to sorting them out? do any of the smiths get an elbow lock on?

Ice, the first level is just a big confusing mess really. Speak to Izamaruso or whatever the fook his name is, when he's in Harman's room. He has lots of tutorials and hints on how the game works. Don't expect to understand any of the plot until after the first level, and by then you will have picked up the basics of combat and puzzle solving.

The first level takes about 2 hours to get through, at the end of it a set of events and a big cutscene explain a lot and it gets a lot cooler.

I'm on level 4 now and enjoying it. The gameplay is very archaic but the plot, characters and style are pretty smart. I want to play on to see what's coming next. The radically different visual styles of each level are also cool. The gunplay is becoming more interesting as well now that there are a lot of different enemy types. On the bad side, I am playing on Deadly mode and normal enemies are starting to hurt my personas pretty bad. Damn smiles!

I love the bad guy characters in this game as well, they are cool, and the script is funky too.

Awesome, cheers, I'll give it a proper go soon.

I can imagine myself like it, once I've got into it, and the graphics keep drawing me back anyway!