IGNORED

Royksopp

thirstywiganer

Hi,

I've just had a listen to 'Only This Moment' which is the first single from Royksopp's upcoming album 'The Understanding.' I'm really liking the track and think that it takes a different direction than their previous album while maintaining what was good about Melody AM.

Anyway, the MP3 is linked to below for your listening pleasure. Post your thoughts please. ;)

Royksopp - Only This Moment (6.28mb)

PS: I'm not sure if it's okay to post a link to this single MP3, if not then feel free to remove it.

Cheers for the download although I think they may ask you to delete it ;)

I first heard this track a couple of days ago and fell in love with it.I was wondering what they were up to and the album is not far off.

This single is pure summer blissed out loveliness.

• 13 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Royksopp are back!

They've been teasing something for the past week or so, and yesterday released this site with snippets of brand new tracks. Press R to listen. It works fine for me in Safari on Mac, but doesn't currently do anything on iOS (even though it was fine yesterday). Anyway, the new stuff sounds great. After saying years ago they wouldn't release another album, they appear to have changed their minds.

https://profoundmysteries.royksopp.com

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, nakamura said:

Picked up Junior and it grew on me.

That's my favourite album by them. Really enjoy it. I didn't get on with Senior after it though.

Junior is one of my favourite albums but yeah , Senior was a disappointing follow up. Inevitable End was a cracking send off though, loved it. Loads of great stuff in The Lost Tapes too, they’re incredible producers. 

Their cover of Depeche Mode’s Ice Machine remains a classic.

Will give the new stuff a listen. 

2 hours ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Junior is one of my favourite albums but yeah , Senior was a disappointing follow up. Inevitable End was a cracking send off though, loved it.

I agree with all of this. I had Inevitable End playing on Friday afternoon after being in this thread. I forgot how good it is. 

I didn't listen to The Inevitable End as much as all the other albums, but I think that was partially because they had already declared it was their final album, and I found it kind of drenched in that theme of being a sort of "end of the road" release. I thought it lacked some of the "fun" of previous releases. But, now that I know it's NOT their last album, I'll give it another go. The Ladder is a gorgeous song; it reminds me of Senior, actually.

argh 2010-2014 at Uni and listening to The Knife (& Fever Ray), Robyn, Roykssop, Suzanne Sundfor.  What happened?  Just totally fallen out of listening to that Scandinavian clique that I loved so much.  Loved Junior and never listened to Inevitable End so thanks for keeping this thread alive.