rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
connect

*official* Big Brother 2005 Thread

I wish they'd just randomly choose 13 contestants out of all the people who went to audition, 'cos I'm bored of the producers trying to force the program to go in a particular direction.

I wish they'd just randomly choose 13 contestants out of all the people who went to audition, 'cos I'm bored of the producers trying to force the program to go in a particular direction.

I think you might have misunderstood what the producer of a TV show is actually supposed to do..

I'm not, it totally worked last year.

Last year was a bit better than the previous one, but I preferred it when the contestants / housemates actually had a harder life in the house - when they had 'proper' challenges to get right, when alcohol wasn't on tap, when they really had to count the pennies and get along as a team.

I promise to be wildly offensive later in this thread.

Almost guaranteed if some gays go in.

homophobic_half.jpg

But seriously I am getting my typical pre-BB excitement this afternoon.13 housemates and the 13th will be unlucky apparently.Does that mean they leave tonight or that BB will be a tosser to them.They have said that this year BB is going to be cheeky.

This is from Channel 4's site:-

Two of the contestants are gay, two bisexual and three were born outside the UK.

One had a "high profile occupation", another was in a parachute regiment, and one of the 13 used to be a professional windsurfer and basketball player.

Big Brother bosses have promised that one of the housemates, who they have chosen as the 13th, will be the unluckiest ever.

The house is even more cramped than last year's with the inmates having nowhere to hide from each other.

A transparent wall separates the bedroom from the dining area and blinds can only be pulled down at Big Brother's discretion.

Heat-seeking cameras are poised to record every fumble under the bedclothes.

A naughty red step has been created for disobedient housemates in the garden.

The garden will also be scattered with gnomes, and unbeknown to the housemates, one of the gnomes will contain a hidden camera for Dermot O'Leary's Big Brother's Little Brother.

The living room, complete with shagpile carpet, is enclosed within a glass box, and can only be reached by crossing the garden.

The only showers are outside in the garden area, meaning the contestants will have no privacy and will be totally exposed to the elements.

There are 11 beds - two double - in the bedroom, which has stark orange walls, polka-dot bed covers, mirrored walls, and a cream carpet.

A loft, which can be reached from a ladder in the garden, is the only space where the housemates can enjoy a small amount of privacy from each other.

Only 11 beds as well.Could be interesting.

I think that halfway through the series, they should stop all communication with the contestants, then a couple of days later open the doors to the house and make the rest of the outside location look as if World War 3 has taken place. Fake bodies everywhere, burnt out cars ect. Freak them out a bit!

I think that halfway through the series, they should stop all communication with the contestants, then a couple of days later open the doors to the house and make the rest of the outside location look as if World War 3 has taken place. Fake bodies everywhere, burnt out cars ect. Freak them out a bit!

Someone, somewhere, is planning this show. You'd have to move the "house" underground, it wouldn't really be Big Brother. I'd watch it!

Ha ha - that'd be ace.

Maybe during the time without communication they could get people to run past screaming and stuff, so they can hear them, and think WTF??!!

Then, after the doors opened, have all the dead bodies and stuff, and then bring in the zombies!!!!

A '28 Days Later', kind of thing.

Ha ha - that'd be ace.

Maybe during the time without communication they could get people to run past screaming and stuff, so they can hear them, and think WTF??!!

Then, after the doors opened, have all the dead bodies and stuff, and then bring in the zombies!!!!

Would only work if they had a plant inside the house - someone who could get "caught" by the zombies and play along...

Or maybe I'm thinking too much about it :)

Would only work if they had a plant inside the house - someone who could get "caught" by the zombies and play along...

Or maybe I'm thinking too much about it :D

Maybe, but I like your thinking! :huh:

They should be very careful with regards plants. It could work but at the same time could really retract from what people love about the show and send it the way of the Real World.

What would make me laugh though is Derren Brown randomly hypnotising people in the diary room.

£15. I thought it'd be more or at least monthly to be honest.

The only thing is, it seems to be a single stream. Didn't you used to get a choice of any camera in the house? Not that you can access it yet, it's just the way it's worded.

Ha ha - that'd be ace.

I pitched that very idea to Channel 4 about 5 years ago. No kidding. 5 real people and 5 actors.

It got as far as a development meeting in London, where it was decided that audiences wanted "reality".

I should never have billed it in the treatment as "An Unreality TV Show."

I pitched that very idea to Channel 4 about 5 years ago. No kidding. 5 real people and 5 actors.

It got as far as a development meeting in London, where it was decided that audiences wanted "reality".

I should never have billed it in the treatment as "An Unreality TV Show."

whatever.JPG

Course you did dear chap :D