*official* Big Brother 2005 Thread

connect

i remember Anthony talking about when he first entered the house and he said Science just blew him away. in other words, he's a cool kid who doesn't rely on fashion or vacuous bullshit to express himself. an individual.

fuck only knows why he wanted to be on BB.

The thing about Science now is that he's Derek's creation. He was never as bad asthis in the beginning, but ever since Derek turned on him and tried to get him out he's just gotten worse and worse as more people are siding with Derek. His reaction whenever Science does or says absolutely anything are amazing, straight from the teenagers book of bullying.

Apparently he made up that "shut your gay mouth" thing as well, I mean if he had then they would have probably shown it, and the fact that it's two of Derek's lackeys that have brought it up more or less proves it.

Derek vs Science would be amazing, he should stay if only for that.

Eugene's favourite bookshop = Broaders.

Anyway... Science was an utter utter utter tit last night, and I have no idea how anyone can defend what he was doing. He brings entertainment to the house, sure, and for that I want him to stay in over Orlaith (she is so gone on Friday), but if I was living with him I'd be feeling the same as everyone else in the house. He's quite simply acting like a prick all the time, and I'm not surprised at all that Derek's tired of the crap that comes out of his mouth.

Speaking in the third person and rhyming is not clever. It is moronic.

Eugene's favourite bookshop = Broaders.

Anyway... Science was an utter utter utter tit last night, and I have no idea how anyone can defend what he was doing. He brings entertainment to the house, sure, and for that I want him to stay in over Orlaith (she is so gone on Friday), but if I was living with him I'd be feeling the same as everyone else in the house. He's quite simply acting like a prick all the time, and I'm not surprised at all that Derek's tired of the crap that comes out of his mouth.

Speaking in the third person and rhyming is not clever. It is moronic.

I agree that he was being unreasonable, but the way he's been treated by some people has only made things worse, and Derek is definitely manipulating the situation to create the conflicts.

People know that if they push him enough he'll act the way he does when confronted and it increases his chances of going, and people just outright lying about him (Derek lying about his homophobia, Kemal twisting his words about his opinions on it) is more proof of it.

He's an ass, yeah, but people should know how to deal with it by now. The only reason they don't is they know it's a way of getting him out.

Science does tend to get constantly shot down before his point is put across, he does well only to raise his voice when that happens. Even though Science is one of the bigger personalities in there(if not the biggest) he's struggling to get his version of events across to the relevent housemates, partly because of personality clashes but more to do with Dereks manipulations. I really don't think they'd have half the problem they do with him if it weren't for Dereks constant back biting.

I am quite surprised by this comment.

Ever since BB started an argument with Science involved Science shouting his head off non stop and the other person not getting a word in edgeways.

However many weeks of this has just pissed everyone off and Derek is right in that the only way you can get Science off your case is to simply ignore him and so that is what everyone is doing. If he has nothing to feed off he gets annoyed.

It is hardly a case of Science not being able to get his point across - he makes sure he manages that alright it is just that no one else ever can get theirs across, so they have given up.

Arguing with him must be the most annoying thing ever, if I was in the house I would have either punched him or hid in the diary room all day.

Science is so desperate for attention/reaction from the other housemates he even resorted to following people around and continously shouting at them or keep touching them (derek) - it is all getting rather pathetic.

Ever since BB started an argument with Science involved Science shouting his head off non stop and the other person not getting a word in edgeways.

However many weeks of this has just pissed everyone off and Derek is right in that the only way you can get Science off your case is to simply ignore him and so that is what everyone is doing. If he has nothing to feed off he gets annoyed.

It is hardly a case of Science not being able to get his point across - he makes sure he manages that alright it is just that no one else ever can get theirs across, so they have given up.

Arguing with him must be the most annoying thing ever, if I was in the house I would have either punched him or hid in the diary room all day.

Science is so desperate for attention/reaction from the other housemates he even resorted to following people around and continously shouting at them or keep touching them (derek) - it is all getting rather pathetic.

Agree mainly. But Orlaith is just a massive tit.

"Thanks for nominating me, guys"

"that's ok cow, thank fuck you'll be gone"

Science has unveiled the title of his eagerly-awaited debut record.

The budding rapper, who has been penning tracks for seven years, told the girls of his ambitions in a rare moment of harmony last night.

"What would your first CD be called?" asked Orlaith.

"'Klassless Anarchy'," Science replied, adding: "With a kicking cuh."

Met with confusion, he attempted to unshell the enigma. "Basically we're living in a state where there's law but there's lawless[ness]," he said. "Say, if a certain thing was to happen, money became nothing, people from all different classes. There's just classless, innit?"

Although he hoped that the show would bring sufficient "self-promotion" to break him into the market, Science vowed that he would go to any lengths to get his music out to the masses. "I'll sell it out the boot of a car, if I have to," he said defiantly, before realising that he had no car. "I'll borrow my friend's van," he added, before realising that he couldn't drive. "Then I'll get a man that can."

He's capable of a polite conversation, but not when Derek is around. I don't get how ignoring someone is in any way going to make things better.

If Orla hadn't been so antagonistic about the towels then they wouldn't have even had an argument.

I think Makosi did well in standing up to Derek last night as well, I don't think she deserves the stick she gets from people. Well, mostly, the pregnancy thing was stupid.

i remember Anthony talking about when he first entered the house and he said Science just blew him away. in other words, he's a cool kid who doesn't rely on fashion or vacuous bullshit to express himself. an individual.

....or alternatively he blew Anthony away cos Anthony's really stupid.

Note to Anthony: "Us" is a plural. Unless you're Gollum.

There were clues left by BB that there is indeed a vendetta from the other housemates against Science.

First half- shows some Science-like behaviour. A bit of stubborness in the dog task, with a sort of humorous edgy thing with Kemal in the diary room.

Then the scene with Derek.

And Eugene saying he thought it was out of order for what he believed Science had said to someone about "shutting their gay mouth"

Second half- Looked a bit like they were trying to reveal why Sceince may act the way he does.

Makosi makes the point that Derek is pushing housemates out every week.

Makosi explains that it was out of order of Derek to tell her to take sides, and that it came across as an implied threat.

Shows Derek and Kemal bitching about Sceince, with Kemal saying he sooo wants Science to go.

Shows Derek lining up Makosi as his next victim by telling Kemal that Makosi was out of order for what he perceived as her aligning herself with Science.

(Funnily enough, it's perfectly fine for Derek to get other housemates to "align" themselves with his point of view).

Then there's Orlaith carrying on over the most trivial of things at Science when Science was being reasonable and compromising.

Then there's Kemal challenging Science about homophobia. Turns out that the "shut your gay mouth comment" is attributed as being said to somebody completely different to whom Eugene mentioned, making it look like propaganda,..Science denies vehemently that he even said it.

Kemal asks Science if he's homophobic.

Science starts off by saying what Kemal thinks is a traditional homophobic response with Science saying "God created man and woman, two different species......."

(At this point Kemal must have been thinking "Yes, yes..I've got him, ha ha")

But Science finishes off the latter half of the sentence by twisting the traditional homophobic response into the fact that "....and because God created them, they can do what they want"

But even though Science has answered Kemal's question with an explanation,...Kemal decided to twist his words anyway when he goes and tells Derek, and implies that Sceince admitted to being homophobic by turning what Science said back to a homophobic comment,...e.g. "Adam and Steve"..."God created man and woman, so they shouldn't be gay",..or however someone might twist Science's sentence by not giving the full answer and just implying something that would fit the homophobic mould.

So the second half turns around a lot of negatives in the first half (Or should do), and offers more scope to find a reason behind the way Science is how he is.

It actually looks like it makes Derek look very bad, and Kemal look bad too. It also seems to do Makosi a few favours.

I don't know though.

Maybe BB are testing the viewers out to see if they go for the stupid option and just go along with what Derek says.

If they do in general, then BB may think "Sod it, we gave some food for thought there, if the viewers want to believe Derek, then fair enough, we'll do Derek more favours in the future if that's what the viewer's want".

I'm looking at a possible way of seeing it.

I'm not sure if most people will see it as pro-Science, or anti-Science.

There were clues there that would support Sceince, but I don't know if they were highlighted enough.

Some people might just see all the housemtes saying bad things about Science, and see Science defending himself, and that might be the only reason they need to dislike Science.

I tend to agree with that person simply for the fact I actually saw the live feed of what happened yesterday and the editing they did on it was shit. Science was right in labelling Derek 'The Dark Deceiver' cos right now he has got almost everyone in that house wrapped around his finger when it comes to disliking Science. Eugene is the sodding worse though imo.

Eugene has just finished scouring the rule book for ways to get Science forcibly removed for violent behaviour but none of the HMs have much faith in BB doing this if they haven’t already. He then goes on to say:

Eugene: "Be so funny if he [science] got a sore throat [Eugene laughs wheezily]"

Ant: "Huh?"

Eugene: "Be so funny if he got a sore throat. It’d be the funniest....oooooohhhh....just think how funny if he got a sore throat [said with zeal and glee], we could lay into him, lay into him, just so we could make it worse and worse...[grinning now]....he’d be in pain [Eugene squeals and starts to rock slightly]....[sound cut]

[Eugene leaves]

Ant: "Eugene’s had it up to here ant he? Eugene’s f*cking fed up"

Craig: "Quite evil int he?"

Ant: "Oh Aye...normal Mr. nice guy..."

Craig: "I fink he’s more evil than me.."

Ant: "Aye. He’s definitely got potential"

Craig: "I told you he was evil dint I? I said to you he was evil."

I think Makosi did well in standing up to Derek last night as well, I don't think she deserves the stick she gets from people. Well, mostly, the pregnancy thing was stupid.

I think Derek was totally right, she should have supported what he was saying.

I think Science could be in for a shock on friday.

I had grown to admire how he stuck to his guns and has not taken sides. Instead choosing to just be himself.

I just don't think the voting public will keep him in when they see him being so incredibly childish over the tasks.

His refusal to do the dog task properly, knowing it would mean failure, was pathetic. I thought he was intelligent? But he cut's off his nose to spite his face - just to "stand up" to the other housemates. Or to cause drama.

He needs to swallow his pride and start making an effort in the tasks, especially when he benefits from them himself.

But I think it's too late. He has just come across as a prick lately. "Am i bothered, am I bothered, am I bothered" isn't the way to reason an argument with someone. In the outside world that would earn him a good kicking.

I honestly think he just isn't capable of actually defending what he does. If he was clever he would do just that, and keep the public on side. But he knows he is being a prick for the sake of it.

He should have stood his ground when needed - but also made sure they passed the tasks to show he was the bigger man. But sadly he's a selfish fucker. I've gone right off him, to the point where it would be quite funny seeing Orlaith beat him on friday. Just to make him see he can't always act the arrogant cunt and get away with it.

The text ticker at night shows more and more message calling for him to be voted out. And surely these are the same people who pick uo the phone and vote.

Certainly there has been a few instances where he has lost his cool all too quickly, the chicken argument in the second day being the most memorable and some of those arguments can definitely be put down to attention seeking(during the early days) or getting a reaction off the other housemates(especially just after Maxwell had left). On the whole though most arguments are just attacks on him, now more then ever fuelled by Dereks back biting mostly based on lies he's conjured up, which I just can't stand.

Eugene was useless in that task.  Science was actually trying to do it.

I don't see how Science standing there saying "I'm not moving, I'm not walking, I'm staying here" ad infinitum - then taking off his collar and walking off, was him "trying to do it? :blink:

It was the point where Kemal wanted a drink I think it was. Science just acted the dick and wouldnt budge. Then got pissed off because Kemal talked to him like he was a dog. News for you Science - you were a fucking dog you halfwit.

His refusal to do the dog task properly, knowing it would mean failure, was pathetic. I thought he was intelligent? But he cut's off his nose to spite his face - just to "stand up" to the other housemates. Or to cause drama.

Science didn't fail the task for them. When Kemal was moaning about his collar, he hadn't taken it off, it fell off when he was scratching himself and he didn't get a fail for that anyways, not to mention he passed the breakdancing bit, and if it wasn't for him, even though they did get a fail for it, if it weren't for him during the duck herding task they wouldn't have even finished it because Eugene was just standing in one place looking like a plank even though Science kept asking him to help.

The highlight show editing is crap

She should have agreed with him, that's the point I'm making. Ridiculous of her not to, tbh.

Why should she have agreed with him? Everyone in the house has free will regardless of how many of them seem to have forgotten that.

She had a damned good point about them needing to stop thinking as a group and remember that they are individuals.

Why should she have agreed with him? Everyone in the house has free will regardless of how many of them seem to have forgotten that.

She should have agreed with him because Derek was saying at the time that Science was acting like a prick. Which he was. The "homophobe" stuff came later, this was just the housemates agreeing that he was acting in a disgraceful manner.

When Kemal was moaning about his collar, he hadn't taken it off, it fell off when he was scratching himself

He took the bloody thing off, he "unvelcroed" it!!!! Were you getting a drink at that point in the show or something, that's really not something you can argue about!

He took the bloody thing off, he "unvelcroed" it!!!! Were you getting a drink at that point in the show or something, that's really not something you can argue about!

But as Science pointed out to Eugene later, the rules didn't state the collar was necessary unless they were dog walking, so it wasn't an infraction.

She should have agreed with him because Derek was saying at the time that Science was acting like a prick. Which he was. The "homophobe" stuff came later, this was just the housemates agreeing that he was acting in a disgraceful manner.
When Kemal was moaning about his collar, he hadn't taken it off, it fell off when he was scratching himself

Science was acting like a prick because he went to get some mince, had people complain about it so he put some back, then when he tried to go into the living room, craig told him to get out of 'his room' and thats where it kicked off.

As far as the collar, there must have been two different incidents because the one people were moaning about is where he definitely was scratching and it fell off that was shown during the live feed.

What did the highlight show say happened after he had slipped his lead?