IGNORED

*official* Big Brother 2005 Thread

connect

He's known to his friends as "Golly". I think it's fair to say that barkbat's guess as to why he may use race so much is pretty accurate.

he clearly has a huge hangup about being black. in the diary room yesterday he was discussing with BB how Orlaith had accused him of being racist. "she must mean against white people", he said, "which is funny because all my friends are white", "if anything i have a problem with my own kind, at best i find find them vexatious"

"I love that people think you can only be racist if you run around shouting "I HATE N*GGERS" and beating up every black person you see. "

If someone did that, the last thing I would think was that the person was racist. I'd think 'WOAH THAT GUY'S UN-HINGED!'

Scienne didn't go into the house as an 'ambassador for the blacks' so I fail to see how he is supposed to be representing black people with his behaviour.

I find Derek to be the most horrible person out of all of them. His manipulating, scheming tactics bely his supposed calm and considered demeanor.

He also thinks his vocabulary is far better than it is. I can't stand watching him sitting there considering the best word, and then chosing one that almost but just not quite fits into the context.

Science is an annoying twat, but he's not a cunt like D.

I think Eight was referring to the apologist attitude that some people are taking towards suicide bombers at the moment. Those that insist that we deserve what happened in London for our foreign policy.

Also I imagine it had something to do with those leftist-idiots that insist Islamic clerics that preach hate towards this country and our way of life, and glorify suicide bombers at the same time should be able to stay in this country and say their piece while on benefits payed by the British tax payer.

But this debate really has no place in the BB thread, so I'll stop there.

You're kinda on the right track, but haven't related it to what's happening in this thread (and others I've seen on rllmuk). See, for those of you who didn't get my wine-addled point last night, (Mr "I've read that 3 times and it still doesn't make any sense", for example), I'll make it again.

Let us consider 3 hypothetical scenarios:

1. There's a thread about Gypsies. People make points about how the Gypsies in their area thieve stuff and are basically anti-social fuckwits. The rllmuk PC brigade come down on them like a ton of bricks, call them racist and every other name under the sun.

2. There's a thread about suicide bombers. People make points about Muslims not doing enough to root out extremists. The rllmuk PC brigade come down on them like a ton of bricks, call them racist and every other name under the sun.

3. There's a thread about Big Brother or one about the Conservative party. Many cries of "You Tory cunt" are heard, with totally discriminatory generalisations based solely on the fact that people are members of the Conservative Party. Miraculously, all of a sudden the usual PC brigade who leap upon any other comment that generalises anything in any other thread, are completely silent. Either that, or they join in heartily with the "Tory cunts" stuff.

Just an observation, is all. Suddenly it's ok to generalise when you're talking about a Tory. I just find some people's priorities hilarious.

As for this week's nominations, Orlaith is so out. I'll miss her plastic boobies. Ah well. At least we'll still have Science keeping it real in an amusing urban stylee.

3. There's a thread about Big Brother or one about the Conservative party. Many cries of "You Tory cunt" are heard, with totally discriminatory generalisations based solely on the fact that people are members of the Conservative Party. Miraculously, all of a sudden the usual PC brigade who leap upon any other comment that generalises anything in any other thread, are completely silent. Either that, or they join in heartily with the "Tory cunts" stuff.

This makes absolutely no sense. You're basically saying that it's wrong to generalise a group of people who enter a political group (based upon a specific set of beliefs and ideals) based upon a specific set of beliefs and ideals.

Just an observation, is all. Suddenly it's ok to generalise when you're talking about a Tory. I just find some people's priorities hilarious.

I think you're missing an important point: The Conservative Party is not a race or ethnic group.

:)

he clearly has a huge hangup about being black. in the diary room yesterday he was discussing with BB how Orlaith had accused him of being racist. "she must mean against white people", he said, "which is funny because all my friends are white", "if anything i have a problem with my own kind, at best i find find them vexatious"

Did he really say that?

"I don't know why she thinks I'm racist. I love white people. It's those fucking blacks I can't stand!"

"I think you're missing an important point: The Conservative Party is not a race or ethnic group. "

See - they can help it, just like the gays and the gypos.

:)

I'm guessing/hoping "it was a joke"™, but still!

This makes absolutely no sense. You're basically saying that it's wrong to generalise a group of people who enter a political group (based upon a specific set of beliefs and ideals) based upon a specific set of beliefs and ideals.

So it's right to generalise a membership that includes Ken Clarke as well as Michael Howard? That's like saying Derek must be the same kind of person as Science because he's black.

Slightly off topic, yeah, but isn't legendary's dad a Tory Councillor? Makes you think, doesn't it.

Um, yeah, it must mean that Legendary is a racist like all those awful tories! :o

Note to the less perceptive

I'm being ironic.

It did feel nice to jump on the bandwagon and conform to those cosy, liberal, anti-tory views for a while though. :wub:

You're kinda on the right track, but haven't related it to what's happening in this thread (and others I've seen on rllmuk). See, for those of you who didn't get my wine-addled point last night, (Mr "I've read that 3 times and it still doesn't make any sense", for example), I'll make it again.

Let us consider 3 hypothetical scenarios:

1. There's a thread about Gypsies. People make points about how the Gypsies in their area thieve stuff and are basically anti-social fuckwits. The rllmuk PC brigade come down on them like a ton of bricks, call them racist and every other name under the sun.

2. There's a thread about suicide bombers. People make points about Muslims not doing enough to root out extremists. The rllmuk PC brigade come down on them like a ton of bricks, call them racist and every other name under the sun.

As for this week's nominations, Orlaith is so out. I'll miss her plastic boobies. Ah well. At least we'll still have Science keeping it real in an amusing urban stylee.

congratulations, you're making even less sense!

Read this in private eye - the Derek joke round Tory MP circles...

Q: How did Golly get his voice?

A: He swallowed a very posh missionary.

Now I find this funny, BUT if it's just the tip of the 'you're a dfferent race from us Tory workers' iceberg, and I bet it is, then you can see how 'black' derek feels during just about every waking moment.

Poor lad. Give him a break. It's like when a repressed gay father beats thier gay son to death for being gay. Only it isn't.

congratulations, you're making even less sense!

Nope, he's pointed out the "selective political correctness" that internet forums seem to have.

Case in point does anyone name and shame sexisim? No, because it's OK to refer to women as birds it seems...