IGNORED

*official* Big Brother 2005 Thread

connect

Sly editing from Channel 4, surely?

If you could vote for the editors to win Big Brother, I think I probably would - they must be responible for 90% of the times I've laughed watching it. The lingering shots of people looking gormless are fantastic, even though the idea the I find them to be entertaining and worthwhile television does disturb me slightly.

Could have done without Craig's face tonight though, he looked like Arnie in Total Recall when he goes outside on Mars.

If you could vote for the editors to win Big Brother, I think I probably would - they must be  responible for 90% of the times I've laughed watching it. The lingering shots of people looking gormless are fantastic, even though the idea the I find them to be entertaining and worthwhile television does disturb me slightly.

Could have done without Craig's face tonight though, he looked like Arnie in Total Recall when he goes outside on Mars.

The only thing I worry about the editors is how biased their choices are. I mean obviously everything goes by the producers and the editors don't have complete control over what's shown. But all it takes it for one member of the crew to not like someone and that's what the public will see. It's quite a lot of power, actually. Fortunately we're all intelligent enough to see when we're being lied to, right?

I'm changing my name to Rynical.

Oh yeah, I'm under no illusions that they totally manipulate it in favour of whoever suits them, but I kind of like it that way. Most of the people in there don't deserve to be treated fairly, so I've no beef with the production team for trying to influence the public. Perhaps that's only because they've done it against people I've not liked myself so far though.

That's pretty shocking.  :(

I really must start watching the live feed more often.

No need to watch the live feed - Derek's said it twice in the highlights show so far.

And all of you thinking Derek's racist.... :) I really do wish that the Politically Correct brigade would stand up and do their usual liberal heartwrenching act when someone insults the Tories. But no, then it's alright isn't it to say what the hell you want, but then when someone says that suicide bombers are fuckwits you go and have a coronary.... :lol:

Priorities eh?

No need to watch the live feed - Derek's said in twice in the highlights show so far.

And all of you thinking Derek's tracist....  :)  I really do wish that the Politically Correct brigade would stand up and do their usual liberal heartwrenching act when someone insults the Tories. But no, then it's alright isn't it to say what the hell you want, but then when someone says that suicide bombers are fuckwits you go and have a coronary....  :(

Priorities eh?

i've read this three times and it makes no sense.

I can't stand Eugene now cos he's such a fucking follower.

"Wouldn't it be funny if Science got a sore throat? We'd be winding him up and laying into him and he'd be getting louder and louder and be in SO much pain"

"No disrespect but I do hope it comes to a small fight then he will get kicked out"

Eugene is a fucking goon, the whole time he's been in there, the only person that has actually been nice to, and has stuck up for him has been Science and yet he's bitching with people that have called him a halfwit, a retard, to the point he actually suggested putting arsenic on Science's cigs.

I hope Science is up for eviction every week until the final and then goes on to win it, cos for someone who will "never go anywhere in life" (according to Craig), Science has done stuff.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/leeds/altogether/thir...t_science.shtml

http://www.bbc.co.uk/leeds/altogether/davi...story_2_2.shtml

http://www.bbc.co.uk/leeds/content/article...5_feature.shtml

I don't think it's in Eugene's nature to be like that, I just think he was really struggling with not having a voice in the house and he's seen this as an opportunity to fit in a bit more. It's sad, but I can see how it's happened.

I really don't see what the issue is with Eugene joining the newly formed Science Hate Brigade myself. Lets face it, Science has been difficult recently, seemingly carrying on arguments just for the sake of it. The whole mince incident could have been solved quite easily with a "Sorry I used too much, do you want some?" but it turned into a storm in a teacup because he was unwilling to even explore the possibility that he was being greedy.

I know Science is Everyone's Favourite HousemateTM at the moment but he's pissed off everyone in the house over the last few days, and it's hardly suprising that he's now taking some flak for it.

i've read this three times and it makes no sense.

*yawn*

Typical left-wing elitist response. <_<

Pfffft. Anthony and Craig have some room to talk about Science being greedy considering when maxwell was still in the house, they would make hole meals in the late hours and then leave half of it uneaten

Not to mention last night after everyone was in bed, they and Derek were eating the rest of the mince, and tuna sandwiches as well.

If you can't get the image of Craig faking an orgasm out of your head, just try to imagine him with Orlaith's body to compensate.

On second thoughts, that'll just make matters worse.  <_<

Orla is perky. I so totally would.

But it doesn't make any sense. What the hell was the bomber stuff about?

I think Eight was referring to the apologist attitude that some people are taking towards suicide bombers at the moment. Those that insist that we deserve what happened in London for our foreign policy.

Also I imagine it had something to do with those leftist-idiots that insist Islamic clerics that preach hate towards this country and our way of life, and glorify suicide bombers at the same time should be able to stay in this country and say their piece while on benefits payed by the British tax payer.

But this debate really has no place in the BB thread, so I'll stop there.

Pfffft. Anthony and Craig have some room to talk about Science being greedy

It always amuses me when Craig accuses others of being greedy, or indeed pointing out that other housemates need to lose some weight.

He's replaced Leslie quite adequately as the BB house biffa since she left. <_<

Pfffft. Anthony and Craig have some room to talk about Science being greedy considering when maxwell was still in the house, they would make hole meals in the late hours and then leave half of it uneaten

Not to mention last night after everyone was in bed, they and Derek were eating the rest of the mince, and tuna sandwiches as well.

Actually yes - I'd forgotten about Maxwell's changing of the food order, to accomodate beer supplies for him and his cronies. Seems Anthony and Craig have all too soon forgotten about the fact they stole in a very underhand way.

I think Eight was referring to the apologist attitude that some people are taking towards suicide bombers at the moment. Those that insist that we deserve what happened in London for our foreign policy.

Also I imagine it had something to do with those leftist-idiots that insist Islamic clerics that preach hate towards this country and our way of life, and glorify suicide bombers at the same time should be able to stay in this country and say their piece while on benefits payed by the British tax payer.

But this debate really has no place in the BB thread, so I'll stop there.

But I'm not one of those people, and I think Derek is racist. So it doesn't make any sense and just makes him look like a generalising spaz. A bit like Derek!

Are you suggesting that I think what Imperialist Britain did to Africans is funny?

Talk about jumping to conclusions.  <_<

I despair about this place sometimes, I really do.  :D

I'm not suggesting anything.

Again:

"He was making a light-hearted joke about black slavery.

How is that racist?"

It's a ridiculous thing to say, I shouldn't have to explain why.

I despair about this place sometimes, I really do. :P