Ut 2007

connerfitzgerald

Another futuristic FPS. Yay!

Wise up. UT2k4 is the finest online multiplayer shooter ever (Onslaught mode). Yes, I know this is just my opinion but I have an awful lot of experience of online shooters and feel my opinion of this is justified. If an enhanced version of Onslaught mode in UT2k7 comes to Xbox Live Bungie better have something special planned for multiplayer Halo 3.

Why not? It's not too much to ask for something a little bit different. That could be a screen shot from 1 of about 100 games.

Perhaps, but you really can't judge by setting or genre any longer. For instance, people condemned Brothers in Arms for being 'just another WW2 FPS', when it's entirely different to Call of Duty and the like.

The Unreal Tournament series has always been futuristic, yet it always manages to supply enough variety in its art direction. Just take a look at the huge range of maps in UT2004 - each is vastly different.

Bottom line is, if it plays brilliantly then I won't give a damn about its style, and such a verdict will have to wait. I have faith in Epic though.

• 1 year later...

I'm sure that stuff on YouTube was seen ages ago. They model the character talking and turning realistically, even doing a little jog, then it changes to jumping over and over, firing rockets everywhere :ph34r:

Original UT was great fun but it hasn't changed at all has it?

I'm sure that stuff on YouTube was seen ages ago. They model the character talking and turning realistically, even doing a little jog, then it changes to jumping over and over, firing rockets everywhere :ph34r:

Original UT was great fun but it hasn't changed at all has it?

Actually, it's changed a lot - that's the problem. It'd be more popular if they changed it back.

Actually, it's changed a lot - that's the problem. It'd be more popular if they changed it back.

I agree. We played UT2003 waaay more in our first year Uni hall than we did 2004, which didn't seem to get played much at all. They just seemed to add too much fluff. Deathmatch instagib. That's all we ever needed.