Seinfeld Fans!

I've just finished watching Season 4 again. It's prime Seinfeld. There are a couple of weak episodes, but there are also some of the best the show has to offer, as the show really gets into its stride:

The Pitch

The Bubble Boy

The Virgin

The Contest

The Pick

The Movie

The Outing

The Junior Mint

All great stuff. After Curb Your Enthusiasm you get to know Larry David so well, his episodes really stand out.

You're all in for a treat.

I somehow missed the Seinfeld phenomenon originally, but I got the first batch of DVDs on the strength of Curb Your Enthusiasm. I've not been disappointed – I've read that it really gets into its stride from Season 4 onwards, but already I've seen some great episodes – my favourite so far being the hour-long episode (The Boyfriend?) with the baseball player and the JFK parody.

Oh, and Duncan – if you've got a region free DVD player, the R1 sets of Curb Your Enthusiasm are significantly cheaper than the R2.

EDIT: Ah, my mistake. £17.99 all round nowadays, it seems.

Oh, and Duncan – if you've got a region free DVD player, the R1 sets of Curb Your Enthusiasm are significantly cheaper than the R2.

The S2 sets of CYE seems to retail in proper shops at £29.99! Even though the only extras they contain are "Interactive Menus, Scene Selection"! Bloody hell!

Luckily, there's always CDWow: http://www7.cd-wow.com/detail_results_2.ph...duct_code=17886

Oh, and season four Seinfeld - marvellous, as it means we can all watch 'The Contest' as many times as we all like. Tops!

• 5 months later...

Just a heads up that series 5 and 6 have just been released in the states.

My giftset just arrived today. Not quite as good as the first one (which came with Monk's diner stuff). The description said comes with Puffy Shirt so I was expecting to be strutting around like a pirate, but it turns out it is a tiny version on a stand. You also get another script, this time for 'The Pitch'. Handwritten though and quite hard to make out. Extras on the discs seem to follow the same pattern as previous volumes, with a couple of documentaries.

Well it was about £10 more to get the gift set, which I thought was worth it for completeness sake.

It's not bad, but I'm on a decluttering tip, so I'm having to say no to replica shirts, sadly. They've utterly bollocksed up any concept of completeness with the sets anyway - if you got the special sets of 1, 2 & 3 and 5 & 6, you're stuck with season 4 on its own in the middle, and if (like me) you just went for the standard sets you've got to contend with season 4 being volume 3 etc. etc. because they bundled the first two. Oh, the horror. Don't they have any anal retentives working at these companies? It's on a par with the sixth Simpsons set.

It's not bad, but I'm on a decluttering tip, so I'm having to say no to replica shirts, sadly. They've utterly bollocksed up any concept of completeness with the sets anyway - if you got the special sets of 1, 2 & 3 and 5 & 6, you're stuck with season 4 on its own in the middle, and if (like me) you just went for the standard sets you've got to contend with season 4 being volume 3 etc. etc. because they bundled the first two. Oh, the horror. Don't they have any anal retentives working at these companies? It's on a par with the sixth Simpsons set.

:o

I've got the individual boxsets of Series 5 and 6 on my Christmas list, pretty much because of that. Also, my Series 1, 2 and 3 boxset is a bit knackered now, because of the box it comes in. I just want slipcases! Not lids that I have to fold over and crease. Looks a right mess.

I've got the individual boxsets of Series 5 and 6 on my Christmas list, pretty much because of that. Also, my Series 1, 2 and 3 boxset is a bit knackered now, because of the box it comes in. I just want slipcases! Not lids that I have to fold over and crease. Looks a right mess.

Not to mention those fucking Curb Your Enthusiasm cases. I'm just waiting for one of those to break, I'll cry my poor heart out. In what kind of demented world would anyone need a device that makes two discs slide out at the same time? I only ever want one. It's the kind of package that you'd expect to see Larry raging about in the programme itself. Maybe that's the clever point.

• 4 months later...

Thread ressurection!

I just recently bought the season 5 & 6 boxset (the one with the puffy shirt and script, as it was on sale) - there were plenty of episodes in there I'd never seen before, I was dead pleased :o

I love Jerry's reaction when he gets the puffy shirt, and also when he has to wear the cowboy boots in another episode...

"I don't wanna be a pirate!"

"I don't wanna be a cowboy!"

:D

I've never watched Seinfeld in sequence before - I never noticed that there was actual continuity between events and characters before, particularly the way Elaine and George move from job to job. Which reminds me - the episode where George does the opposite of what he normally does? BEST EPISODE EVER! Not only does it feature some of George's best lines of all time it also introduced Steinbrener who has to be the best supporting 'boss character' from the entire series, narrowly beating out J Peterman. "GET BETTER GEORGE, GET BETTER!" :D

Feel the love! Seinfeld - best sitcom ever.

Any news when we get the season 7 and onward boxsets?