Who's seen this then? Its a new (well I say new, ithe entire first series has been and gone in the states)cartoon from Adult Swim. And its completely superb. The only Adult Swim cartoon I prefer is Aqua Teen, and there isn't much in it I can tell you. Thats right, its even better than Sealab.

Its about a failed scientist called Dr Venture, his two sons and their bodyguard, Brock Sampson. Its a loose piss-take of Jonny Quest pretty much, though it really treads its own path for the most part. Its difficult to describe just how great it is without watching, so you know what you need to do.

http://www.adultswim.com/shows/venturebros/index.html

Download it from the ususal places. Watch it. Then come back and thank me.

We need to spread the word though. It seems most of these philistines haven't heard of it. I would hope that they are off downloading episodes and will comment later, but I'm probably fooling myself.

Two months from now, everybody will have heard about it, and trendsetters like us will be forgotten. Such is our burden.

We need to spread the word though. It seems most of these philistines haven't heard of it. I would hope that they are off downloading episodes and will comment later, but I'm probably fooling myself.

Two months from now, everybody will have heard about it, and trendsetters like us will be forgotten. Such is our burden.

You can point out this thread to them then and have a good old chuckle.

I can point this out:

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showt...6entry1578616

from January.

Newish Adult Swim stuff awesome!

I've just managed to get hold of Harvey Birdman Season 1 thanks to the kind folks on here so I'll be heading off to see if I can get hold of this. They really need to start showing Adult Swim stuff on Toonami over here. Such a shame the ruined CNX as it would have been ace on there.

Isn't there a new season of Birdman and Aqua Teen out in June as well. Not to mention the Aqua Teen movie.

Doesn't Ben "The Tick" Edlund do a lot of the writing for Venture?

Don't think so, but the guy who played The Tick on the live action version does the voice of Brock Samson.

EDIT: I lie, he wrote one episode apparently.

Doesn't Ben "The Tick" Edlund do a lot of the writing for Venture?

Shame CNX got turned into Toonami and lost the whole Harvey Birdman, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Sealab, Brak Show line up...

I'd love to know the reason why CNX bit the big one. It was the best channel out there. A selection of fantastic old cartoons, the hottest new cartoons and at 10pm on some nights classic and new Kung Fu films in their original language with subs.

Best channel ever.

EDIT

CNX will become Toonami in September, Turner Broadcasting confirmed to Digital Spy on Thursday evening.

The channel, which was originally aimed at males between 16-34 and featured a mix of anime, thriller movies and adventure programming, soon imported a 'Toonami' programming block for its daytime schedule. The success of this anime programming has resulted in the decision to roll it out across the schedule from September.

However, this is more than a simple programming change. The name 'CNX' will disappear, replaced by 'Toonami' - and the channel will move from the Entertainment part of the EPG to join other kids channels. Turner says it will move to an EPG position alongside Cartoon Network and Boomerang, its other cartoon channels.

Tina Mccann, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Turner Broadcasting Europe said: "As a daytime block, Toonami has been so successful that in order to maximise its potential we have decided to re-brand the CNX channel and move it into the kids’ EPG alongside Cartoon Network and Boomerang."

Shows like Dragonball Z and X-Men: Evolution, which will feature prominently in the Toonami schedule alongside Justice League, Batman of the Future and Samurai Jack, have produced good ratings for CNX among boys aged 10-15 years, which will be the target audience for the new channel.

Richard Kilgarriff, Head of Cartoon Network and Boomerang, explained the synergy the new channel will share with Turner's existing kids' channels: "We recognise that different groups of kids watch different kinds of cartoons; Toonami is just like adding a boys playroom to the family home."

Idiots.

Woooo! Glad to see people are enjoying it! You see? I told you I'd do right by you.

Didn't know about the ATHF movie though; that's superb news. Can't wait.

I have to agree that it was very annoying when all the adult swim stuff was cancelled on these shores, though. Thats where I was first introduced to so much of this goodness. Its good to hear that Adult Swim may be coming to the UK. That would be fantastic- they have so many good programs. In fact, I'd love it if they just put the American version of Cartoon Network over here. Its so much better than the UK one- it has both Family Guy and Futurama for starters! Its not likely of course, but I can dream...

My thoughts after having watched 15 episodes; lozl, lozl, and lozl! I had already seen ATHF, but nothing more from Adult Swim, but this is just as fantastic, and equally as quotable to boot. Is it too much to hope that this is going to get a second series, given that there's nary a trace of information about a new one on the Adult Swim website?

Oh, and a big thank-you for bringing the show to attention Dr_M. :angry:

Yeah I've only seen a few of the episodes at the moment but damn did I know it was going to be awesome from the intro in the first episode. Great great show and this thread should hopefully get more people onto it.

Still second to ATHF though.

Is it too much to hope that this is going to get a second series, given that there's nary a trace of information about a new one on the Adult Swim website?

As I mentioned above (do you people read threads anymore??!?) its got a 2nd season. :angry:

As I mentioned above (do you people read threads anymore??!?) its got a 2nd season. :lol:

I'm going to gouge my eyes out this very minute for having poorly skim-read this thread*. And I'll curse at the rubbish Adult Swim wensite too, for good measure.

*Actually, given that a new series of the Venture Brothers is on the way, I may just leave them as they are for now. Would a Monarch-esque I.O.U suffice?

• 3 weeks later...
Not feeling this as much as Sealab or Aqua Teen.

It's alright. Nothing special.

Have you got up to The Incredible Mr Brisby yet? Fantastic episode and the funniest one I've seen so far (watching them slowly in order). The first two were the weakest but since then they've been awesome. Ghosts of the Sargasso was brilliant especially when the pirate goes to get the key and how the ghost is fianally dealt with.

It feels more like a real consistent show that Aqua Teen and flows well as a series but it's nowhere near as funny. I'd rank them equal just because they do different things. OK maybe just the smallest bit behind because Aqua Teen is the perfect length and makes me laugh my ass off even when I've seen them so many times.

Not feeling this as much as Sealab or Aqua Teen.

It's alright. Nothing special.

Yeah, how many have you watched? The first few are weaker, I have to say, but once you start to become familiar with the characters it really clicks. Watch the whole series first.

Ah ok then so it's a random show. Sometimes good sometimes shit. Shame as it's got such a wicked little song at the start. Was that from the original Sealab 2020 or a new theme.

Also what's The Brak Show like before I start to get hold of it. I didn't really like Space Ghost CTC but I really want to see the episode with the Aqua Teens in it.