Marzipan Travolta

Veronica Mars - revival in the works?

Episode 22 was excellent, but it did feel more than a little compacted in terms of content. I really hope this gets picked up for a third series as it's been a definite TV highlight this year.

Yeah was pretty bitching last episode and nicely wrapped up two seasons worth of bits.

Not sure what is happening about a third series but in the last episode there was a conversation that migth be a hint

X "CW"

Y "It's a done deal"

CW is the name of the new mergered WB+UPN networks, but sadly also Y's initals

Read an interview with Kristen Bell where she said she wasn't worried about getting picked up, and the word on the street was positive.

Nothing's been announced yet, mind.

Oh man. Last episode was pretty damn bitching. Really didn't know who was safe.

I didn't 100% buy the Beaver angle based on that episode. In the grand scheme of things the child abuse thing was certainly sufficient motive but I just didn't buy it when he went all cocky jackass up on the roof. He should have been a certifiable nutjob. They should have cranked up the child abuse story a bit further. Perhaps revealed it a little sooner (though the stuff with Lucky was ace) and let the bigger picture on it sink in.

Still, in saying all that Season 2 of Veronica Mars has been an absolute master class in balancing season (and series) storyarcs. It never once lost momentum or got too confusing. It involved all the characters in a believable way and kept the audience completely involved (imo)

It better not get canned, it's perhaps the most consistently great show on TV.

Saw the final few episodes last night.

Absolutely superb. Just brilliant.

My heart fucking skipped a few beats when the plane blew up in the sky, still thinking Keith was in it. ;)

Based on this positive thread, and a write-up in the Guardian which talked about the programme's ambition to be a modern-day film noir, I've watched the first three episodes of S1 now and I'm very disappointed. Other than a few nice-looking shots half-inched from a few good movies, it seems to be a bland kids show. It's not funny or intriguing, many of the leading actors are uncharismatic, and there's simply been no interesting drama to speak of.

I've got a few gigabytes of Veronica Mars here. I'm loathe to delete them, as I've jumped to negative conclusions about programmes the forum has recommended before, only to be proved wrong in the long run. Does this show get better? Should I stick with it?

Dude, stick with it. It gets better with each episode, and the final show is fookin' great.

I need to get up to speed myself. I've downloaded season two, but I haven't got round to watching it all yet...

Yes, my time managment skills suck.

EDIT:

Ack, forget what I said Graham_S, I see you made it to the end. ;)

Am I right in remembering that VM missed the last test to go to the trial meaning she'll probably be going to shit local college now she didn't get the Kane scholarship?

Yup. She'll be going to the college they visited I assume. More Maebe and George Michael?

Hmm. Their bumper book of plot threads is obviously very carefully worked out, and the jigsaw all fitted together nicely, right back to S1. I'm afraid I thought they couldn't "execute on their playbook" very well in S2, and fumbled the ball. Some of the acting was a bit duff from some of the minor characters, and the story telling was ham-fisted at times. I lost all suspension of disbelief, and the last few episodes became a fast forward through an unbelievable American soap.

I have now finished watching seasons 1 and 2 of Veronica Mars and IMO it is probably the best new show I have seen for a few years and season 1 especially is the best opening season to a show since The West Wing without one weak episode. It had likeable characters and dialogue cutting enough to kill off any schmaltz that might rear its head. Season 2 isn't quite as good because I never felt the main story arc and the eventual outcome 7 didn't seem to fit in with the normal actions of the characters. But is was mostly very entertaining and the re-appearance of Charisma Carpenter on tv in a bikini is never a bad thing either :lol:. I can't wait for Season 3 to start.

Yeah, thought 3x01 was ace. I like the new darker opening credits too.

I saw the final twist coming a mile off (and I hope Veronica doesn't get her damn head shaved!) but all the other stuff played out very nicely. I'm glad it all appears to be Duncan free. I like the new characters. I like having lots more Mac.

Really liked the fact that they seem to be building up the Dick character. The man was a big fat train wreck this week but I didn't really get the tie-in to last season until the end. My only worry at this stage is how they're gonna tie-in all of the Keith stuff. His storyline felt a little bit boring and out of place.

Love this show but they need to stop presuming people have seen every episode before it. No idea what the hell was going on with Keith and Charisma Carpenter's plotline for instance.

So, they've split series 3 into three almost seperate mini-series and the first one just finished.

Someone else must have watched it? Bloody amazing stuff. Veronica Mars finales are usually the best thing on telly that season and the chance to have three finales in a single season sounds pretty great to me.

That bit at the end where Logan smashes up the police car and gets thrown into the cell with the rapists. Just brilliant. Logan and Veronica's romance has to be the most entertaining relationship on telly at the moment.

It was very good, however I don't like the fact that they broke up again. I know they have to do it for dramatic tension or whatever but it really annoys me.

That guy was blatently killed using Veronica's perfect murder essay as well.

That guy was blatently killed using Veronica's perfect murder essay as well.

I haven't really enjoyed the first part of series 3 so far. The new characters haven't really had enough screen time to make any impact on me and even the investigations in each episode are particularly interesting. Hopefully the second part of the series will pick up the pace a bit but I really hope they don't use Veronica's paper, it's just too obvious and there were 3 papers that got an A grade so hopefully we'll see how those two intended to do it.

I've enjoyed this season so far, much more than the disappointing plotting of S2. The story arcs aren't fascinating, and are ceratinly nothing on S1, but then they don't take up much screen time, and I'm finding the individual stories pleasantly watchable.

I wondered where this thread had gone.

I feel sorry for Logan really. No matter how much he's tried to change for Veronica, as soon as there's the first sign of trouble she suspects him of various ill deeds. The poor bloke doesn't stand a chance.

As much as I've been enjoying this season so far, it's suffered a bit without Mac and Wallace. I know it's not Buffy, but I do like the dynamic between Veronica and her mates. Hopefully Wallace's room mate will get more screen time as the show goes on, especially as Veronica's single for the moment.

I'm typing this with my glasses off so I can't see any spoilers whatsoever.

Season 2 season finale.

THAT WAS FUCKING AMAZING.

ABSOLUTELY AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING!

One of the best things about Veronica Mars is the father and daughter relationship. Especially at the end of Season 1, where...

Veronica is hugging her dad, saying that she knew he would come, after rescuing her from certain death in the fire. I'm a cynical bastard at the best of times but I confess I had a lump in my throat when watching that.

Just a heads up this started again yesterday

And it's back on form.

I too thought it missed Mac in the first arc but she was back last night with plenty of air time. Also looks like bitch Veronica has gone and she's back with the funny lines. The new arc seems a bit more interesting that the rape one, which confused me most of the time.

I was a bit apprehensive after the first part of season 3 but after last night's episode I'm looking forward to the rest of the season much more.

I love a good murder mystery. Be interesting to see how this one pans out. Good episode overall. A show in which characters act in character. Something you can't really accuse, say, 24 of.