Marzipan Travolta

Veronica Mars - revival in the works?

Probably the worst idea ever, the first series is this one big murder mystery.  If you've gotta start at the second series it seems like there is gonna be a total new mystery. So you should be alright

Or to put it another way, you'll be able to get into it fine, but it will totally ruin all the twists in the first season for you, which you'll undoubtably want to watch if you get into the second series, only to find it's not as good as it would have been becuase you already know what's coming.

Actually, I just made that more confusing.

My advice, start downloading the second series so you have it, but catch up on the first series first, then you'll be able to jump straight into the second and have a load of episodes ready to watch.

Or y'know, do whatever you want.

It's your life.

Or is it?

???

??

?

The funny thing about Kevin Smith being in the show is that he hadn't seen a single episode until he did his cameo! After that he and his wife watched the entire first season and they became massive fans. It's all on his blog. He rates it as one of the top five tv shows ever.

Goose = Crazy amounts of TV/Film knowledge

My advice, start downloading the second series so you have it, but catch up on the first series first, then you'll be able to jump straight into the second and have a load of episodes ready to watch.

Yeah thats probably better advice, worth getting them off torrent while loads of people are getting them rather than piss around later when there aren't as many looking for them.

It's your life.

Or is it?

???

??

?

Cheers, I think.

The torrents for the old eps will be so slow I could be dead before I get them all downloaded. So I'll start with my nice fast Season 2 downloads. I'll buy the first season if I like the second.

I thought it was great.

I thought the mystery each episode along with a bigger mystery overall worked really well - along with the fact that the characters we love muck up sometimes.

Nice and light-hearted enough for me to watch every day when I got back from college, but serious enough to be gripping.

Or I could watch it just before I go to bed...

kristenbell_veronicamars_240_004.jpg

:o

Actually, y'know who was cuter than Veronica?

TinaMajorino_alice_new.JPG

I have.

I'm guessing that the main case this series will be the Logan one then? Will that even fill a full series?

I'm not sure. It could be about the bus I suspect the brakes may have been tampered with, shame about Meg :)

Logan will be the initial suspectfor the bus thing, remember his face before they left to go to the stadium on the bus? I think he said something slightly menacing as well but I don't recall what.

Charisma Carpenter back to hot hot form wearing small bikinies/nothing much and Steve Guttenberg - FUCKING AWESOME!!!!

edit : Just got to the end of the episode

Pretty grim but rather cool ending. They can't fill a whole season with "Who tampered with the bus" though can they?

I managed to grab the whole of the first season pretty fast last week, so I'd say it's worth doing.

Thanks for the advice and help gang. Luckily all of S1 turned up on the newsgroups a couple of days ago. Myself and Mrs Sideshow enjoyed the first three episodes this morning. I liked it and will certainly keep watching. Should catch up with the rest of you over the next two or three weeks.

Oh man. That season opener was awesome. The ending was a proper holy fuck moment. Charisma Carpenter was utterly smokin. Some great scripting in there too. The flashbacks were particularly cool. Really love the relationships on this show too. Veronica and Keith in particular are utterly brilliant together. Infact, Veronica's relationship with everyone, excluding Duncan, is really great. Kristen Bell is a seriously good actress.

Really enjoyed 2:1 which I finally got around to watching just now.

I don't think anything in the first epispode will be dragged out for a whole series though - either shorter arcs or something else will be added.

I really liked the advice for Wallace to use the loo.

"Pinch your nipples"

"ew...get out"

"What? It works?"

So I just watched the pilot episode of the first season. I don't think I like it. I was expecting more of a comedy drama but it was more of the serious mystery drama. Is that the sort of tone it keeps throughout?

I was led to believe it was like Buffy and that but it's not really like it at all. It was pretty depressing, most of it. I mean, a girl getting raped in the first episode? Sheesh.

Another thing - is the whole murder plot the central part of the storyline or is like an overall arc that fits into various episodes? Cos the murder of that girl didn't really interest me.

I might just go straight into season 2 now.

So I just watched the pilot episode of the first season. I don't think I like it. I was expecting more of a comedy drama but it was more of the serious mystery drama. Is that the sort of tone it keeps throughout?

I was led to believe it was like Buffy and that but it's not really like it at all. It was pretty depressing, most of it. I mean, a girl getting raped in the first episode? Sheesh.

Another thing - is the whole murder plot the central part of the storyline or is like an overall arc that fits into various episodes? Cos the murder of that girl didn't really interest me.

I might just go straight into season 2 now.

The first episode is pretty crammed with information, certainly give the second episode a viewing before moving on.

It's light-hearted and warm but there is no denying that it occasionally gets its hands dirty. The murder mystery runs through every episode but each episode has it's own self contained story as well. And you probably will care about the murder by the 22nd episode.

My advise though - watch episodes 2 and 3. If you don't like it by the end of them just leave it, it's not for you.

UPN didn't show it in California (because of Baseball) - where the HDTV cappers live.

The version out now is a full-screen version from a lesser-quality source.

They will be airing the HDTV version on Saturday night - so wait until Sunday.