Veronica Mars - 8 new episodes July 26th 2019

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pleasantly surprised with Season 2 so far, maybe six episodes in, much better than some of the comments above seemed to indicate

Really funny to see Steve Guttenburg follow up Harry Hamlin - man this show really had a sense of humour on AND off screen

Logan is still my favourite.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've watched the first 3, I'm trying not to rinse it but it's so good. They've spent a bit of money on it so the shoddy, cheap look from the movie is gone. The main mystery is strong, although quite similar to season 2, the old cast are great and none of their roles seem forced. And the new characters are fab. 

I'm surprised and delighted at how good this turned out. 

just finished and it was great from start to finish - good mystery to solve with enough twists and turns to keep you guessing 

Spoiler

Regarding ending so don’t look 

Spoiler

Last chance

Spoiler

Feck they killed Logan in that surprise bomb :-( Veronica never catches a break

Do we know if this is a one of series or will be there be more of the revival as this was brilliant 

Finished this up tonight and thought it was really great all the way through.

BIG SPOILERS AHEAD

Spoiler

I kind of guessed we were going to get another sting with the main mystery solved with 10 minutes left in the episode. But I didn't think Veronicas husband would be murdered on her wedding day. Poor V. 

I loved the ambiguity of some of the storylines and how some bad guys get away with their crimes - like the two Mexican hitmen and JK Simmons. And the politician who ordered the murdered of the two rednecks seemed to get away with it as well. The slightly more adult bits - the sex and drugs - were done really well and never seemed gratuitous for the sake of it. 

I really hope we get more. Maybe even Keith and Maddy or something with JK Simmons doing shady stuff in the background. 

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Silent Runner said:

Yeah, they do. There's individual, season long arcs that get fully wrapped up at the end of each season. The end of season 3 is a little unsatisfactory but if you get that far you won't be to put out. 

ParchedUncomfortableBison-max-1mb.gif.8588c6f0ad77a41fd4107b5fae188b55.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed series 1, was dragged through series 2 by my wife and am begrudgingly enjoying Ed Begley Jr and Howard Hamlin in series 3.

I hadn't appreciated right from the start just how much of the story is made up of 

Spoiler

rape plots.

It's all very grim and the show's tone rarely matches the seriousness of the story.

Having said that, this is the best father/daughter bond I've seen on screen outside of Commando.