Marzipan Travolta

Veronica Mars - 8 new episodes July 26th 2019

Just watched it via Flixster, the worst and only way for backers to watch it. I really enjoyed it though, great film with plenty of fan service. The only problem I have is that it's not enough I want more now.

• Upvote 1

I really enjoyed this. It took maybe 20 minutes to get going and it felt a bit rough at times but it was a fine ending to the show. There was enough fan service but it never got annoying and the ending was satisfying.

Ruined by the fan service for me, an excellent example of how crowd funding can compromise the process. No way a network would have allowed such self indulgence, they'd have rightly told them to get on with telling a new story.

The Freaks and Geeks fan service, on the other hand, is A-OK with me.

I also thought how it was interesting that the soapy scenes that work so well in a TV show do not work for a movie. To be properly invested in them you need the slow build up, be able to spend a long time with the characters, so when there's a kiss or a break up or a disaster you care about it. Otherwise it all seems so artificial and forced and workmanlike.

Ruined by the fan service for me, an excellent example of how crowd funding can compromise the process. No way a network would have allowed such self indulgence, they'd have rightly told them to get on with telling a new story.

Good article on The Dissolve about this problem. And how the crowd-funding model means Thomas was essentially making a film that fans wanted not the one they maybe should have gotten.

http://thedissolve.com/features/exposition/469-veronica-mars-and-the-case-of-the-disappearing-mov/

• Upvote 1

Just got around to watching this, thought it was great, could never get over how they just left it 7 years ago. Also

so glad she fucked off piz and went back to Logan

Really?, I didn't like Piz that much but Logan is like a wooden plank.

There's some stories on the internet this morning that Hulu are looking to make more Veronica Mars episodes with Kristin Bell back. I loved the show at the time but the movie was pretty terrible and this seems like a bad idea. I wonder if Rob Thomas will be involved or if he will be still involved with iZombie.

Does she even have time considering the popularity of The Good Place and her doing movies and all? I liked the film but honestly can't imagine this happening :hmm:

• Upvote 1

If it follows on from what happened in the movie it could be interesting but I'm not sure how Kristen Bell would fit it into her schedule. This series would actually work better as a reboot.

1 hour ago, Illyria said:

Does she even have time considering the popularity of The Good Place and her doing movies and all? I liked the film but honestly can't imagine this happening :hmm:

Well, The Good Place is only 13 episodes a year and they have already wrapped for Season 3.  If she wants to do it I am sure she can find the time. 

This is as good an excuse as any to watch the show from the start again. IZombie has done a good job of scratching that itch but it's still not quite Veronica Mars. Excellent news.

Only just started watching this recently, I know the forum always liked it but it never turned up included in streaming services and was always pricey in stores and I’m a cheapskate so Cinema Paradiso finally solved it

love Kristen Bell from Forgetting Sarah Marshall but especially the two Bad Moms movies.  She’s really good in this but it’s a blinding script. The casual racism is striking but I think in some ways it’s better to have it the US way of being in pop culture like it is in society too rather than pretending it isn’t there - I’m only eight episodes in but it seems well balanced so far in that respect 

great show 

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

So who do you think killed Lily? :P

Honestly have no idea. Figured like Twin Peaks there's no point in even guessing! Especially since it's one of those shows where every episode someone turns up who has always been at school and is a really pivotal character only we've never seen them before

Hmmm - without spoilers are two and three not up to much then? I was really hoping with such a short run it would be gold all through, I tend to abandon shows really quite easily, even those with stellar first seasons like Goliath or Murder One

36 minutes ago, linkster said:

Hmmm - without spoilers are two and three not up to much then? I was really hoping with such a short run it would be gold all through, I tend to abandon shows really quite easily, even those with stellar first seasons like Goliath or Murder One

It's all pretty good really.  I'd have no hesitation recommending you watch all three series.