Marzipan Travolta

Veronica Mars - 8 new episodes July 26th 2019

So, S2E02 was pretty damn sweet. Liking Duncan even less now but it was good to see Wallace holding up so well on his own and being so entertaining. Kevin Smith was a little pointless but I guess if you're gonna get a guy to do a cameo as a convenience store clerk.

So, S2E02 was pretty damn sweet. Liking Duncan even less now but it was good to see Wallace holding up so well on his own and being so entertaining. Kevin Smith was a little pointless but I guess if you're gonna get a guy to do a cameo as a convenience store clerk.

It was a cool cameo though, he was funny (in a Kevin Smith "I'm fat!!!" way) and he did a good job of it but more importantly it didn't cram anything into the story - he just played a small part.

Yeah, still watching. It's just astounding this season. The way they're piling on the details and juggling certain threads in and out is just masterful. Duncan's diminished role is great too. Was pretty worried that he would be like a big black hole of fun but Logan, Veronica and Keith are getting the screen time and all are exceptional. Loving the random dark turns this season keeps taking.

And why the hell isn't it already your favourite show on TV?

You guys still watching? Amazing ep this week - this is quickly becoming my fave show on tel...err, computer screen.

Way better than last season.

Blatantly still watching. It's wickedamazingwoohotttt. That sort of thing.

Should be on everyone's viewing list.

Trying to avoid the potential spoiler-thon in here, but I've just watched 8 episodes in a row. I didn't plan to.

So yeah, pretty good.

By 18th I really meant 25th.

Veronica Mars never disappoint does it? Another great episode.

Best bit was undoubtedly, 'I'll love you, I'll aways love you, but I don't know how I'll ever trust you again.' I just didn't know whether to feel for Keith or Veronica in that situation.

What did anyone make of the Lost reference at the end? In-joke or will it have significance?

Brilliant show, this.

Has it really been cancelled?

I really hope not as season two has been excellent so far and it seems to be getting better. The writing is so snappy that I keep expecting Elzar from Futurama to pop up and say "BAM!" after all the devastating put-downs.

It's not been cancelled yet. It'll go down to the wire, as it did last year. The ratings for this year are better, it just moved slot and helped UPN beat their main rival in the timeslot (despite it not doing all that great). It has a fair chance.

Were this a Fox show it would be dead by now, it's far too clever for them to understand how to market it. It isn't though and UPN haven't yet gained a bad rep for canning.

Good to hear the ratings have improved. I'm not going to watch season 2 until it's finished as I want to watch it all in a few sittings, like I did with the first season.

Based on this positive thread, and a write-up in the Guardian which talked about the programme's ambition to be a modern-day film noir, I've watched the first three episodes of S1 now and I'm very disappointed. Other than a few nice-looking shots half-inched from a few good movies, it seems to be a bland kids show. It's not funny or intriguing, many of the leading actors are uncharismatic, and there's simply been no interesting drama to speak of.

I've got a few gigabytes of Veronica Mars here. I'm loathe to delete them, as I've jumped to negative conclusions about programmes the forum has recommended before, only to be proved wrong in the long run. Does this show get better? Should I stick with it?

Veronica Mars S1E21-22 are quite possibly the finest episodic TV of the last 12 months or so and I watch everything ever.

Series 1 doesn't really get going until about ep 8 or 9. I remember hating eps 3-5 at the very least. It grows up anyway. You do kinda get the feeling from eps 1 and 2 that it was a kids show that they kinda wrote drugs and the word 'piss' into.

The last episode of S1 is simply stunning television, a landmark piece of work, in my eyes.

Finally caught up with S2, as I'd missed the last 6 or so episodes, and I'm loving it.

Well, thanks for that. You said to stick with it and I was well rewarded for doing so. It was a very satisfying and intelligently plotted ending. I liked the show throughout after what looked like an unpromising start: a sharply written teen drama with likeable characters. It might not be as original or as influential for other television writers, but I probably enjoyed it a little more than I enjoyed S3 of Buffy, which I also saw recently. I think I like the filler material a bit more: intrepid girl detective works for me better than beating up the monster of the week.

Now to seek out S2. Hope it keeps up the standard of S1.

Well latest episode in states was EP 20/22, so only 2 more to go people and its done.

This season has been pretty solid, perhaps filled out a bit more than season 1 as the whole crash scenario seems to have been stretched pretty far.

I also liked that we are learning a bit more about other characters in the show other than veronica.

Cant wait to see how the next 2 EP's pan out though.

I was hoping for a fat momma twist of an ending to ep20 but it's still got fat momentum going into the last two. I love every character in the show now. Wallace and his bird are entertaining Duncan's gone and the others have all improved.

What the hell was with the chlamydia?

Only read this threads first 2 pages. Page 3 strays into season 2 spoiler territory so I had to stop.

I finshed watching the first season last night and have really enjoyed it. The writing is excellent.

I love its whole film noir in a high school thing. The cliques, the rich slang, the contrast between have's and have nots. The femme fatales, thugs and dumb heels. The whole thing is like a Dashiel Hammett novel set in a valley high school in the 21st century.

I am downloading season 2 episodes at the moment. I hope they are done when I get home.