Post Your Gaming Setups

• 1 month later...

My setup currently looks like this, Switch on the right and the Wii U on the left, PS4 in the cabinet which doesn't have nearly enough ventilation so have to open the front when playing on that. 

The cabinet was an old dressing table which was being sold in my local Lions Club in their Saturday furniture sale, my wife liked it so much she sat by it for 2 hours in the cold just so she could buy it at 9 when they opened. We then had a furniture maker we know to repurpose it to work as a TV unit. 

Since the PS4s arrival the xbox has replaced the PS3 upstairs. 

IMG_20200905_102907.jpg

IMG_20200905_104133.jpg

15 minutes ago, Fletch said:

My setup currently looks like this, Switch on the right and the Wii U on the left, PS4 in the cabinet which doesn't have nearly enough ventilation so have to open the front when playing on that. 

The cabinet was an old dressing table which was being sold in my local Lions Club in their Saturday furniture sale, my wife liked it so much she sat by it for 2 hours in the cold just so she could buy it at 9 when they opened. We then had a furniture maker we know to repurpose it to work as a TV unit. 

Since the PS4s arrival the xbox has replaced the PS3 upstairs. 

IMG_20200905_102907.jpg

IMG_20200905_104133.jpg

Norfolk And .. Chance?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

@womble9, ah thanks.

It's been an evolving project.  We only picked the legs so we could put the fucking printer somewhere (I hate owning one, they're a nightmare).

Earlier this week I added the Audio Engine speakers (they're ace) and I added the lighting today (it's a bit bright in this photo, I've lowered the brightness now).  I wanted the warm hue rather than the cooler blue lots of people go for.

I've managed to get external hard drives secured on the bottom of the desk and have applied cable management and cable ties with extreme prejudice.

I super recommend spending a bit of time on your home office/gaming space.  We aren't going back anywhere near to normal this year, so invest a bit of time making yours a little oasis of calm and comfort.

Do the backlights make using your set up more enjoyable? I’ve wondered about getting some but already have a desk lamp and thought it might serve no purpose other than making photos of my desk look a bit nicer. 

44 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Do the backlights make using your set up more enjoyable? I’ve wondered about getting some but already have a desk lamp and thought it might serve no purpose other than making photos of my desk look a bit nicer. 

Day 1 of usage, so hard to tell.

I've been looking at warm toned, contemporary desk lamps but I don't have enough room really.  I saw these on Amazon (they're Philips ones) and thought I'd take a punt.  They make the screen less harsh I'd say, but those seeking HDR contrast may be less keen on that effect.  And because the wall is white, they reflect light back onto the table quite nicely.

They make the bottom/under the desk softly illuminated which makes it look more approachable.