IGNORED

Post Your Gaming Setups

kerraig UK

21 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Over a year later …

we moved into this house in august 2020 and I’ve had my desk, books etc in here but the room was an awful yellow, the skirting boards were all satin white painted with a trowel, and I just had a flat-pack piece of rubbish shoved in this book for my TV which I shall shortly be upgrading - I bought in January 2014, lol. 

anyway I hate store-bought identikit furniture because I’m Tyler durden or something, and all the charity shops round here are not so good. I don’t have the money for anything custom but I do have decent very rusty woodworking experience so I have vowed to make it all myself. First step was redecorating, 2nd step was wall-mounting my tv and putting up these shelves I made from some old boards I got locally.

some of my books from boxes in the basement, some bits and bobs I keep to mess around with while I wait on loading screens, and what gaming corner would be complete without cannabis paraphernalia? My future FIL killed the buck with an arrow in the mountains. 

it’s not much but I haven’t *made* anything in years - having projects had put a spring in my step

my tv stand is currently clamped, drying in the basement.

Poor image quality, it’s dark out and the lights are crap

9896D709-6F06-4DB4-AA28-B39BA2B1AB01.jpeg

E68FF444-CB35-4BA8-9935-1F18F0B363F7.jpeg

3561C2DE-97C0-4F8A-815A-2D06523CE4A2.jpeg

388ED877-498B-4B10-8682-E805920F75B7.jpeg

Each to their own, but I find there's something really distasteful about having a dead stuffed animal 'trophy' on display. Why would you want to be looking at that every day? 

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

Each to their own, but I find there's something really distasteful about having a dead stuffed animal 'trophy' on display. Why would you want to be looking at that every day? 

because it’s beautiful. I helped break it down, and then I ate 1/3rd of it. Every time I look at it I’m reminded of a great day in the woods with a pair of binoculars

(Skilled) hunting is probably the most ethical form of meat consumption

10 hours ago, Bucky said:

I keep adding to it and I'm turning into a mentalist.

The stand suggests a Dell monitor, but what's the things bolted on top and bottom, if you don't mind my asking?

Really like that wide desk pad, I need to get one of those.

10 hours ago, Bucky said:

I keep adding to it and I'm turning into a mentalist.

For the love of God, if you're struggling avoid the Battlestations thread in Reddit.

Screenshot_20220121-184213.png

just realized I missed the herringbone wood flooring. Having seen it, I am rock hard

i make no apologies

As someone who spent some time looking for physical audio visualisers/spectrum analysers for decoration those lightbars seem just the trick. One for the wishlist, I think!

Also:

3 hours ago, Bucky said:

The desk pad is a horrible extravagance.  It's a Grovemade one.  And it's lovely.

I have to ask, as I've never quite understood: what is a desk pad for, exactly? Is it just decoration? I appreciate a small portion of it operates as a mouse mat (which is somewhat irrelevant for me, as I don't use a mouse), but does the rest of it serve a purpose beyond looking nice? This isn't some sort of an attack on their use — for one thing, simply 'looking nice' is more than enough of a reason to have something — I'm just curious if there's a wider use to them that I've missed.

My main use for it as a mouse pad.  The combination of keyboard being on it/weight of my hands means the mouse pad goes nowhere (which is a pet peeve).

I sometimes put my mug on it (it's dark and woollen and easy to clean).

It sounds horrible, but it's also easy to shake off and keep your desk clean.

Nothing fancy . A 28 inch BenQ monitor. It's got HDR. A laptop that is running Windows Vista . Think my phone is more powerful.

And a Switch hiding behind with Hori pro controllers on it.

It does me as the wife watches Married at first sight on the 55in 4k telly.

PXL_20220123_072511372.jpg

10 hours ago, MattKB said:

Two sides of the same room.  Ignore the cat toys and errant warhammer at the top which I forgot to move. 

The lights on the back of the monitor look a lot more harsh in photos with the light splash than they do in ‘real life’. 

9A17C0D2-F99A-4400-820E-F2649BBAA298.jpeg

Are they the glass doors on a Kallax? Im either getting a load of them or the custom ones made for Lego so would be interested in how you find them, do they fit well enough to stop dust etc and any chance of a closer pic of them!?

10 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Are they the glass doors on a Kallax? Im either getting a load of them or the custom ones made for Lego so would be interested in how you find them, do they fit well enough to stop dust etc and any chance of a closer pic of them!?

They are. They are a good fit, not ultra flush but close. I took a pic of the door open on one, it’s one that a rarely opened - there’s a small, thin line of dust at the front, but you can’t even see where I ran my finger through it on the photo. 

It’s good enough for me to store temporarily warhammer models in (which I don’t want to get dusty) 

AE3D234A-84C4-448D-B220-0D8DFEA97C26.jpeg

B9F2C50A-D8D1-40E0-B50C-60439EFFC786.jpeg

On 22/01/2022 at 03:26, Floshenbarnical said:

because it’s beautiful. I helped break it down, and then I ate 1/3rd of it. Every time I look at it I’m reminded of a great day in the woods with a pair of binoculars

(Skilled) hunting is probably the most ethical form of meat consumption

1368136904_LeatherfaceMental.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/07/2020 at 11:18, strider said:

Just done a little tour for my channel.

@strider or anybody else with a shed/garden room like the above.

Can you tell me about your shed's insulation, windows and doors etc? We're in the market for a garden room where I plan to keep my music and games collection, plus the electrical equipment with which to enjoy them. Oh and perhaps security and insurance related chat too. Thanks!

1 hour ago, acidbearboy said:

@strider or anybody else with a shed/garden room like the above.

Can you tell me about your shed's insulation, windows and doors etc? We're in the market for a garden room where I plan to keep my music and games collection, plus the electrical equipment with which to enjoy them. Oh and perhaps security and insurance related chat too. Thanks!

I’ve had mine for seven years. It does have some insulation but it can get pretty cold in winter. I normally use a heater and that does the job. Never had damp issues and it has five leave mortice locks (although if someone did want to break in they probably could.)

We got it because my Mel was going spare and it seemed cheaper than moving or getting an extension.

Cheers for your reply. The shed builder I spoke to said one customer had complained that their shed was too hot with both the walls and ceiling insulated. I also wasn’t sure on how it works on walls with windows or doors on either. Like you say though, at least if it’s a bit cold you can put a heater in. 

I assume the cold during the winter isn’t severe enough for you to have to remove your electrical equipment or precious cardboard boxes? I’m coming at this from a totally uninsulated garage that’s riddled with drafts. Anything not in a sealed plastic box gets cold and damp during winter. 

My garden room is totally uninsulated and I’ve got an arcade cabinet, some CRTs and a load of old games consoles in there. 

It’s dry though so while it gets cold there’s never any issues with damp but I do run a dehumidifier on low when it’s not too cold just to be sure. 

It’s can get really hot in the summer though so I need to leave windows open when possible which is a pain. 

I have mine alarmed as part of my house alarm system with a PIR and door sensors. It wouldn’t be hard to break into, but I’d say people will take tools before precious old games. 

On 23/01/2022 at 07:31, Yuujiin said:

Nothing fancy . A 28 inch BenQ monitor. It's got HDR. A laptop that is running Windows Vista . Think my phone is more powerful.

And a Switch hiding behind with Hori pro controllers on it.

It does me as the wife watches Married at first sight on the 55in 4k telly.

PXL_20220123_072511372.jpg

Same setup as mine... I've been quite impressed with the BENQ TBH. Have the PC/PS5 hooked up to it. Shame its only 60Hz but well given the price can't complain TBH!

3 hours ago, MattyP said:

Same setup as mine... I've been quite impressed with the BENQ TBH. Have the PC/PS5 hooked up to it. Shame its only 60Hz but well given the price can't complain TBH!

It does me. Everything looks fine and looks better than my last monitor that did not have HDR.

4 hours ago, Colonel Panic said:

My garden room is totally uninsulated and I’ve got an arcade cabinet, some CRTs and a load of old games consoles in there. 

It’s dry though so while it gets cold there’s never any issues with damp but I do run a dehumidifier on low when it’s not too cold just to be sure. 

It’s can get really hot in the summer though so I need to leave windows open when possible which is a pain. 

I have mine alarmed as part of my house alarm system with a PIR and door sensors. It wouldn’t be hard to break into, but I’d say people will take tools before precious old games. 

Do you know what it’s made of and what type of doors and windows do you have? Does it get cold enough to put you off sitting out there?! Not insulating it would knock a fair chunk off the asking price!

@acidbearboy It’s made of wood panels maybe 2” thick. There’s a velux in the roof and two windows with double glazing and double doors opening on to a small veranda. 

It’s never too cold for me. I have an oil filled electric heater out there if required but it’s rare I turn it on. 

This is from May last year. one side is gaming stuff, the other is bikes, tools, workbench and stuff. It’s a pretty basic setup compared to Striders, but the premise is the same. 

83213DB7-1824-4BFA-99EE-4946CEC7D775.thumb.jpeg.566a89975626184a1738f0f363e69887.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...