Post Your Gaming Setups

1 minute ago, iknowgungfu said:

@Kevvy Metal - Do you have some kind of mega connecting switching block to hook up to your TV?

yeah I do right at the bottom there. 
it’s a gscart lite, 8 scart in and 2 scart out! 
I only run one out to the PVM. 

All my consoles do RGB video out, with a few of them modded to do so. 

• 4 months later...

Looks good mate, similar to mine downstairs in that i had the consoles either side on the unit, then wall mounted the screen ever so slightly higher and then laid the consoles flat on the unit.

IMG_0489.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Pavey said:

Looks good mate, similar to mine downstairs in that i had the consoles either side on the unit, then wall mounted the screen ever so slightly higher and then laid the consoles flat on the unit.

IMG_0489.jpeg

Please please please straighten those doors before I get itchy

Habitat unit with a door that opens out. Only open when the PS4 is on for the sake of ventilation.

IMG_4783.thumb.jpeg.49921ad2789442ae9724b1284292c683.jpeg

Doing a good bit more PC gaming these days. Not good as I'm also doing the work from home thing here (Which I fucking HATE)

IMG_4775.thumb.jpeg.2a54a341e7770c754a92f7167d3a83df.jpeg

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Moved house in November from a three bed semi to a five bed detached. Was originally looking for a four bed to turn one into a study/office for my wife and I, but we found this five bed going for a bargain that had a study as well. My wife converted one of the bedrooms into her office and I converted the study into a games room. My wife has been extremely accommodating, even buying the desk for me for Christmas. Mostly I think she was glad all my geeky stuff was no longer in the living room!

Anyway, some pics. I've stuck them in spoiler tags as there's a few of them:

Here's the main entertainment centre. LG C9 OLED 65" and Samsung soundbar. Got my Xbox One X, PS4 Pro and Switch hooked up, but also took the opportunity to display my old consoles, instead of them sitting in a box in the loft. None are hooked up. Really need to do some cable management, it's a mess back there. Hard to get a decent angle on the shot as the room is long and narrow.

Hide contents

20200422_203909.thumb.jpg.9668e86048acee0efadb32d24e88c63d.jpg

My desk. It's actually an Ikea kitchen counter top on top of two Ikea units, one a cupboard, the other a set of drawers. Nice and big, nice and sturdy with plenty of space. I generally try to keep it relatively clear but that's become harder since I'm not spending most days working from it. I need a new chair,  currently using one from the dining room.

Hide contents

20200422_204012.thumb.jpg.003a49726e2d611464b3b21fd9d89811.jpg

My unit full of movie and game artbooks, statues and collectables. 

Reveal hidden contents

20200421_181832.thumb.jpg.dc96bef959f3d81c7300c92c6887b7cb.jpg

My guitars! Old Yamaha Eterna from 1996 that cost about £90 and my new Fender CD60S acoustic.

Reveal hidden contents

20200422_204108.thumb.jpg.36f5660397f94ab8614989e85875364d.jpg

My replica sword! This is Anduril, Aragorn's sword from Lord of the Rings, a birthday present from my wife this year. It's not sharp, but it's bloody heavy.

Reveal hidden contents

20200422_204100.thumb.jpg.c9f44776625b2de4ca235353d80e7525.jpg

My games unit. I'm almost completely digital these days, but I like having all the old ones on display.

Reveal hidden contents

20200422_204037.thumb.jpg.c65130b72892b0ef5e90d0da83421465.jpg

Speaking of old ones, my mom found a load of my old PC games in their wonderful massive boxes last summer and I put them on show in this unit here.

Reveal hidden contents

20200422_204125.thumb.jpg.9c79eee2e845ace4140d90a9da3d8f50.jpg

Really pleased with how it all came together. It's nice having my own space; in our old house the only room we could really use was the living room which meant we were all always on top of each other and most of this stuff was in the loft, so it's cool that I've got somewhere to come chill. 

I'm not sure you could have a more stereotypically nerdy room if you tried, Terry Pratchet books and all. To the point where I'm fairly sure that sword was the one they had on the wall in The Big Bang Theory.

I'm jealous, I love it.

• 2 months later...
On 23/04/2020 at 10:53, HarryBizzle said:

I really like that Batman: The Animated Series style Spider-Man poster. Is that from a comic/animation or is it just a one off piece of art?

I have the same one in my games room. My wife got it from Amazon.

4 minutes ago, phillv85 said:

I had no idea Toki came out on the Famicom :blush:

Having played the arcade game and the famicom port until the final boss, it's really good, especially as its 8 bit. It's really fun too :)

3 minutes ago, phillv85 said:

Nice, it’s one I’ll keep my eye out for.

Also recommend ports..

Rolling thunder

Turtles arcade game 

Metro cross

Kid Niki Radical Ninja

Arkanoid

There are a ton and you may well know them.....loads of effort went into the ports I've played.