rllmuk
kerraig UK

Post Your Gaming Setups

Finally got everything set up with my new TV this afternoon.

Gave it a spin on Mad Max which was fantastic. Now I just need to save some pennies for a PS4 Pro and I'll never have to go outside again :)

IMG_20190719_134026_compress91.thumb.jpg.12bbdd1afa61cac779b1aad7e7b06644.jpg

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Strafe said:

New 65” Sony AG9, ATMOS soundbar and the stand I got from a company called Optimum Project, which I love to bits.

Various consoles tucked away in said stand, though may have to move my Switch on top as the clearance level ain’t great.

5876711E-F0E6-4DC8-BD40-2F82C8AF85BB.jpeg

I like the simplicity/tidiness, but what's the sphere with legs, a subwoofer for the soundbar? 

23 minutes ago, Flockheart said:

I like the simplicity/tidiness, but what's the sphere with legs, a subwoofer for the soundbar? 

That’s a separate speaker, a bang Olufsen A9.

The sub is out of shot on the right of the sofa, where the pic was taken from, if that makes sense.

11 minutes ago, Strafe said:

That’s a separate speaker, a bang Olufsen A9.

The sub is out of shot on the right of the sofa, where the pic was taken from, if that makes sense.

Ah ok!

58 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

This has been our set up for a few years now. We have settees at right angles to each other because I was sick of sitting in the loft room while she was in the front room.  

Old Panny plasma on the right, I forget what model. Sony bravia is mine but it's not 4k. I don't care enough to buy a new one. Both have Xbox One X's but only I have a slim PS4. Switch is docked behind the TV. And a SNES Mini which handy been turned on since I flashed it.

Some old 5.1 dvd surround nonsense for her, JBL monitors plugged into a cheap arsed stereo unit that's supposed to be for cars for me. I've been meaning to get the cables run under the middle of the table for a very long time but unplugging everything doesn't appeal, to be honest.

When she's watching TV I use a headset or play something that means I can semi watch what's on. Been playing Dragon Quest Builders 2 while watching Manifest. Both are alright.

IMG_20190806_182715-3712x2088.jpg

Lol I would never get away with that!!

I have a gaming laptop and my Switch for lets be in the same room but doing completely different things evenings...although missy hates me wearing headphones 

2 minutes ago, Hylian said:

@moosegrinderis it not insanely distracting with the other TV in your field of view? I guess it works for you. That looks like it would drive me mad to be honest.

It isn't, which surprised me because I had the same concern when we first tried it. But neither of us find it distracting.

• Upvote 1

Um, yeah, I don’t think I’d let my wife get away with that - let alone her let me get away with it. 

I mean a TV with a window directly behind it and no curtains?

10 minutes ago, footle said:

Um, yeah, I don’t think I’d let my wife get away with that - let alone her let me get away with it. 

Oh there are curtains, buy we have fitted blinds so they're just decorative. I hate windows without curtains.

9 minutes ago, footle said:

This. The horror, the horror. My wife sometimes calls my mancave 'the vampire cave' because she finds it amusing/weird that I've installed a double layer of sun blocking curtains on the windows. Those curtains are always closed. Always. My consoles have never seen sunlight and they never will!

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

No offence mate but that is mental :D

Haha! That generally seems to be the reaction but it works for us. We both game a lot so being at the opposite ends of the house meant we'd barely see each other. Plus the dog would forget I'm there and go nuts when I came downstairs as he'd think I'd been out somewhere.

Not specifically a gaming setup (I've a Scorpio and Pro under the 55" TV downstairs) but my home office is where I do most gaming these days and everything is hooked up to be switched between the monitors/projector. The larger monitor does 4k/HDR.
sw9BNot.jpg

Edit: Crappy picture of downstairs.
Arcade cab fits neatly behind the door when open in a small alcove, it's quite a narrow cab.
R8Ous15.jpg

• Upvote 8

Likewise for me @mechamonkey. I have a 65" OLED downstairs with a Pro and and an X, but do all my gaming here on a 32" lcd - i think its my bad eyesight that is the deal breaker, prefer to be close up to the screen.

Rllmuk art on the wall, MacBook from @Dave White - still going strong.

If you look really closely you can see one of the wife's boobs (answers on a postcard).

IMG_0205.jpg

• Upvote 3

My lounge. 

Samsung 4k HDR set with a Wii U, Switch, PS4 and Xbox One all connected via a home theatre system. 

Barco CVM 3051 with a RGB modded SNES Mini, fully modded PS2, PS1, N64 and a Wii, also modded. All are connected via a quality scary splitter and connected to the Sony mini hi-fi system. 

Screenshot_20190807-121929.jpg

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Plus the dog would forget I'm there and go nuts when I came downstairs as he'd think I'd been out somewhere.

Fair enough.

Not sure why you bothered to buy a PSVR tho, you could just sit on your table.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Fair enough.

Not sure why you bothered to buy a PSVR tho, you could just sit on your table.

But then I'd be in the way of the other tv...

• Upvote 1