rllmuk
kerraig UK

Post Your Gaming Setups

tv1.jpg

tv2.jpg

Here is my setup, apols for the poor quality pic on the first screen, but you can see the golden triangle as me and my mates call it, ie PS3, 360 + HD DVD & Wii -_-

Cheers

Al

I've recently gone from this:

IMG_6628.jpg

IMG_6630.jpg

To this:

IMG_6649.jpg

And this is the mess in the cupboard waiting to be sorted out:

IMG_6651.jpg

This is the dreamcast running through VGA:

IMG_6640.jpg

I suppose if you sit close, but I've got a bloody huge living room, so I sit back about 12ft from the screen so it's not a problem.

I suppose if you sit close, but I've got a bloody huge living room, so I sit back about 12ft from the screen so it's not a problem.

12 ft away - to play games - maddness if I'm not a minimum of 3 foot away from the screen it all goes to shit!

I sit 3 feet from a 40" set, HAS NO EFFECT MY EYE

Perhaps that's why you were struggling at PES? :lol:

the lack of ventilation of some of the 360's in this thread are 3 red lights waiting to happen, even having the 360 less then 10" away from a wall can be detrimental.

It's got a 3 year warranty now though!

TVs up on walls confuse me. My one would have been too high on the old stand (had it fit on it), it's like a foot to 45cm off the ground, perfect for sofa viewing. 12 feet away? Are you sure? I wouldn't like that.

the lack of ventilation of some of the 360's in this thread are 3 red lights waiting to happen, even having the 360 less then 10" away from a wall can be detrimental.

To be frank, I think it would even overheat on an iceberg in the middle of a polar storm.

Hi honey kittens, here's my 2 month old and nicely bedded in setup. Pleased with the neatness of cabling, considering the silly amount of line ins and outs there are going on.

Dashboard

tv2aw6.jpg

Playing lovely Gradius V in lovely 1080p..

tv1bk0.jpg

Tell me that is a SONY KDL40W2000

I have one arriving in a few days and that looks awesome!

3ft from a 40"? So you can pretend your in the imax?

i likes a big picture without a tv taking over the room

Tell me that is a SONY KDL40W2000

I have one arriving in a few days and that looks awesome!

Yep, give me a shout if you need help setting it up picture wise. Service menu is pretty essential.

i likes a big picture without a tv taking over the room

Yep, give me a shout if you need help setting it up picture wise. Service menu is pretty essential.

Oooh... I have just got one of these sets. What tips and tricks do you know in terms of setting up? TV looks ace with RR7 in 1080p running! Only prob with these sets and both mine and a mates have them are bloody clouds appearing when it's just showing a black screen. Top set tho and I'm really happy with it.

I'll have a think and post my settings when i get back from lunch mate.

Sorry i forgot!

Best piccy is by HDMI (obviously), then VGA (after a quick trip to the service menu), and then component (needs a lot of tweaking for maximum effect). You need to have a good play with the options and set up sharpness/NR very wisely.

Service menu is..while TV on. Standby - info - 5 - vol up - standby. Then open menu.

That lets you tweak colour intensity and brightness etc a lot more, just don't touch the other options. Only change the 6 RGB_BK ones on the 2nd page. Mine are a lot higher than default.

I can post my exact ones later.

Got a new cabinet

setupnew.JPG

Since this pic I've added my old xbox.

Features:

Cello 32" HDTV (Not a bad cheap HDTV. Had it about 8-9 months. Thought about swapping to one of the hannspree's)

Toshiba HD E1 via HDMI and optical

X360 via vga and optical

XBOX via component

Sanyo DVD Recorder via s-video

Pace digibox via RGB Scart

Humax 9200T via RGB Scart

Panasonic 5.1 amplifier (DD, DTS, DPL2) connected to a set of sony fronts, backs, wharfdale centre and a sony sub

I think I can see the panic in the eys of that 360.

Don't worry. There's a big hole cut in the back of the unit were the 360 is. Plus its only run with the door open. I ain't that stupid to run it in a sealed cabinet like some of the people seem to in here

Does anyone know the best way to configure my Panasonic TX32LXD60 to get the best picture from my Wii through component? Just out of interest.

I posted before but I made some changes / additions:

1000257nx3.jpg

From left to right. My old Kef Q15 speakers on crappy makeshift cardboard tube stands. Launch Xbox 360 banished to the floor (noisy fucker). Xbox HD DVD drive. Panasonic 37PV60 plasma (same as the U.K. PX). Densen BEAT-100 stereo amp. iPod Nano connected with a far too expensive dock cable. Playstation 3, unfortunately a noisy model or I would use it to stream mp3's from my PC instead of copying them to the iPod.

All consoles are wired up to the Linksys WAG200G ADSL modem/wireless router/switch.

Inside the cabinet: Xbox, still daily used as network video player with XBMC streaming from the PC upstairs. Denon DVD-3930 multiformat player (DVD, CD, SACD, DVD-A). Humax iPVR-9200C digital cable receiver / recorder (same as the U.K. 'T' model but for digital cable).

I need to tidy up the cables, I know :lol:

Why not use XBMC to stream your mp3's? Then you get the added bonus of the milkdrop visuals on-screen too.

I've slightly updated mine, got some lovely D-Line trunking to hide the mass of cables, mounted the speakers and sorted bits and bobs out: