IGNORED

Post Your Gaming Setups

kerraig UK

Nice PQ on the panny. I was thinking of getting the onkyo amp then I realised I'm brassic. Any good though?

I listened to the Onkyo and the speakers I'm getting in a showroom and it all sounded amazing. Tried several different HD-DVDs and BluRay discs then a number of different genres of music, from hard rock (QOTSA) through to house (Prodigy), ambient and classical. Fantastic stuff.

But at home, I couldn't tell you yet! My speakers have yet to arrive and no speakers I have would do the sound anywhere near justice. Plus I only have the 3 front speakers put together as yet, of two different brands and completely different, so totally makeshift! And I've not fiddled with the amp at all yet, so have no opinion on all the different stuff it can do. Very user friendly though for the simple stuff (like putting everything through the amp and just connecting the amp to my display via HDMI). Well, as much as any amp can be. I'm really looking forward to giving it a solid hammering when it's all put together.

The amp is only £300 at av-sales.co.uk at the moment, which is insane!

I listened to the Onkyo and the speakers I'm getting in a showroom and it all sounded amazing. Tried several different HD-DVDs and BluRay discs then a number of different genres of music, from hard rock (QOTSA) through to house (Prodigy), ambient and classical. Fantastic stuff.

But at home, I couldn't tell you yet! My speakers have yet to arrive and no speakers I have would do the sound anywhere near justice. Plus I only have the 3 front speakers put together as yet, of two different brands and completely different, so totally makeshift! And I've not fiddled with the amp at all yet, so have no opinion on all the different stuff it can do. Very user friendly though for the simple stuff (like putting everything through the amp and just connecting the amp to my display via HDMI). Well, as much as any amp can be. I'm really looking forward to giving it a solid hammering when it's all put together.

The amp is only £300 at av-sales.co.uk at the moment, which is insane!

Thanks pretty much confirms its the next Amp I buy. Cheers Poet.

The barbecue would definitely imply Sydney wouldn't it - mandatory.

Tyler, how come your Halo3 thing doesn't take up the whole screen? And how are people getting this Halo3 action?

They're the speakers. People mentioned that last time I posted, I don't notice but it must look odd in photos...

It's the Panasonic TH50PH9 panel and is 720p.

1366x768 metink. And looking very nice too chap :D

How did you connect your gear up in the end?

Now kill those wires!

Petered - they do a FullHd version if it, the 50PF9 but it's a few bob.

Well, it used to be like this: (check out the merchandise to the right on the second picture, which Cyhwuhx has taken quite an interest in 'strangely enough' :D)

11112006012kh8.jpg

11112006014cy5.jpg

Until the 8th of december last year, then it became more like this:

dsc02324en9.jpg

Yup, it really is a typical room for a student like me.

Here is mine, only have a 360 for games these days :D (well some older stuff in cupboard but never used) Mid decorating so bit of a mess with odd carpet matching :(

IMGP1490.jpg

Carpet? Dude, all I'm seeing is handle!

Well, it used to be like this: (check out the merchandise to the right on the second picture, which Cyhwuhx has taken quite an interest in 'strangely enough' :()

11112006012kh8.jpg

11112006014cy5.jpg

Until the 8th of december last year, then it became more like this:

dsc02324en9.jpg

Yup, it really is a typical room for a student like me.

no way, far too tidy :D

1366x768 metink. And looking very nice too chap :(

How did you connect your gear up in the end?

Now kill those wires!

Petered - they do a FullHd version if it, the 50PF9 but it's a few bob.

I connected everything up through the amp and then one HDMI cable straight from the amp to the television. Very easy. And when the speakers arrive, everything will be tidied away as it should be. For now, the place is going to remain a bit of a mess.

God it's a lovely display though.