kerraig UK

Post Your Gaming Setups

Sorry it's taken so long to post mine in this thread, I wanted to make sure of every detail before showing it as I'm a bit obsessive.

Spoiler

house.thumb.jpg.5934cb99233ba5b83066789316bf0943.jpg

• Upvote 9

Awesome set up! Though I'd swap chair and sofa positions for optimal viewing position for the head of the house. 8-)

• Upvote 1

Projector up. Why did it take me so long!

120 inch screen. 

Epson EH-R1000 (1080p will upgrade to 4k perhaps towards the end of year, picked up pretty cheap second hand)

Arcam AVR 750

Monitor Audio GS60 (fronts)

Monitor Audio Silver center

Monitor Audio radius 180HD for the rears.

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-22 at 14.31.31.jpeg

• Upvote 9

Good a place to ask as any. My TV has three HDMI ports and I have 5 devices that need to go in, so am in need for a switcher. What is the best option? Should I be looking to have the consoles separated (Siwtch - HDMI1, XB1 - HDMI2) with the other bits on the switcher? Or does it not matter at all?

5 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Good a place to ask as any. My TV has three HDMI ports and I have 5 devices that need to go in, so am in need for a switcher. What is the best option? Should I be looking to have the consoles separated (Siwtch - HDMI1, XB1 - HDMI2) with the other bits on the switcher? Or does it not matter at all?

only one is turned on at a time, right? might as well have all the consoles on the same port via a 3-port switch (had mine since 20 Aug 2012)

currently configured with virgin STB into 1, consoles into 2 and 3. that way, when the console is turned off, it auto switches back to the STB.

(also your TV may have a specific game mode on one port, or HDMI-CEC enabled etc.)

12 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Depends on how the other devices work, some don’t work well in switchers like Apple TVs or firesticks and I have had an issue with the Switch randomly switching when not on.

2 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Depends on how the other devices work, some don’t work well in switchers like Apple TVs or firesticks and I have had an issue with the Switch randomly switching when not on.

oh god yeah, my bone had problems switching. Ended up in HDMI2, the game mode port.

Cheers both, I assume I would need a 4K switch. Not sure if I have a set port with Game Mode, I think all are enabled, but will need to look into it. 

7 hours ago, bradigor said:

Here you go:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Switch-HDCP2-2-external-supply-Switcher-4K60Hz-420-5-1-Out-4KSW51/dp/B06Y64VS8Z/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1546952756&sr=1-15&keywords=hdmi+switch 

It even comes with a rather neat remote receiver extension thingy so you can stash the main unit out of the way :).

UPDATE. petrolgirls kindly pointed out that the the above switcher only supports up to 8 bit colour. Probably fine for a good few peoples 4K sets (especially early adopters) but for beyond 8 bit this fella (or similar) would be a better choice:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Awakelion-Premium-Quality-Switcher-Support-Black/dp/B06WV5YJ6H/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1546960630&sr=8-7&keywords=5+port+hdmi+switch+4k :).

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, womble9 said:

Here you go:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Switch-HDCP2-2-external-supply-Switcher-4K60Hz-420-5-1-Out-4KSW51/dp/B06Y64VS8Z/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1546952756&sr=1-15&keywords=hdmi+switch 

It even comes with a rather neat remote receiver extension thingy so you can stash the main unit out of the way :).

and requires a power supply, but at least this model is microUSB

bought!

1 hour ago, womble9 said:

Here you go:

Worth pointing out that switch is only HDMI 1.4 - fine for 1080p but 8bit only at 4K. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kryptonian said:

@skittles - that doesn’t look like the luxury pad you were in before, what’s the deal?

I moved out of that luxe but tiny 1 bed 600 square ft batchelor pad to a 2000 square ft house with a huge garden in the jungle! This is much better. Dedicated home cinema room with high ceilings. I'll take some pics. :)

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, petrolgirls said:

Worth pointing out that switch is only HDMI 1.4 - fine for 1080p but 8bit only at 4K. 

Well spotted. I'd imagine it would be ok for plenty of people but for those with 10 bit panels here's one (and there may well be others) that will do the job:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Awakelion-Premium-Quality-Switcher-Support-Black/dp/B06WV5YJ6H/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1546960630&sr=8-7&keywords=5+port+hdmi+switch+4k

On 08/01/2019 at 20:51, Kryptonian said:

@skittles - that doesn’t look like the luxury pad you were in before, what’s the deal?

Few snaps if interested. :) Looks better in the day time, lots of incredible light through the trees and prison bars

MVIMG_20190109_223327.jpg

IMG_20190109_223643.jpg

MVIMG_20190109_223752.jpg

MVIMG_20190109_223625.jpg

• Upvote 7

On 08/01/2019 at 14:27, petrolgirls said:

I'll use mine in the games room with the older non-4K consoles, and probably move my 2015 sammy 4K non-HDR tv there with it.

or I'll send it back.